23. Collaboration Between Artist and the Band

at Animal Rummy
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

23. Collaboration Between Artist and the Band

Post by kevron6 »

How much collaboration between you and the bands is there in designing a poster?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Colloration Between Artist and the Band

Post by kevron6 »

Rob Jones: A lot even if they don’t say or write a word
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Re: 23. Collaboration Between Artist and the Band

Post by roxxan23 »

hasn't it been said in interviews before that jack and rob have never met? they haven't spoken or even emailed each other either. when joe and i were talking to jack, he said that he didn't want to ruin it by communicating with him since rob seems to have a direct line to his brain and totally "gets" him and everything for this stuff. i think that is just amazing.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

roxxan23 wrote:hasn't it been said in interviews before that jack and rob have never met? they haven't spoken or even emailed each other either. when joe and i were talking to jack, he said that he didn't want to ruin it by communicating with him since rob seems to have a direct line to his brain and totally "gets" him and everything for this stuff. i think that is just amazing.
:o :o :o
:shock: :shock: :shock:

This interview experience has left me in shock (second time)
If its true then I am speechless
Not saying that this is good or bad but I had something different in mind
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

trickster wrote:
roxxan23 wrote:hasn't it been said in interviews before that jack and rob have never met? they haven't spoken or even emailed each other either. when joe and i were talking to jack, he said that he didn't want to ruin it by communicating with him since rob seems to have a direct line to his brain and totally "gets" him and everything for this stuff. i think that is just amazing.
:o :o :o
:shock: :shock: :shock:

This interview experience has left me in shock (second time)
If its true then I am speechless
Not saying that this is good or bad but I had something different in mind

Tis true last I heard, Jack even says it in an interview for the Paris show in 07.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

This is what I've heard as well. It's pretty amazing if it's true. Could be one of those white lies Jack likes to spin.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

7th_son wrote:This is what I've heard as well. It's pretty amazing if it's true. Could be one of those white lies Jack likes to spin.

I really do not think so, but I could be wrong
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

yeah, i don't THINK it's a little (jack) white lie. he was just talking to me, joe and ben and i don't think he knew i was a superfan or anyone that he'd need to say that for...haha.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

"haven't met, haven't talked on the phone, haven't emailed"
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Whoops, didn't mean for that to be taken seriously, I was just saying white lies in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way.

It's remarkable that they haven't met, but I imagine it achieves something which is reflected in the work Rob does. Afterall, at this point, it's on purpose. That or Jack is afraid of the the dark lord. :twisted:
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

well, i know RJ has been to shows, so he goes & not once says " hey man " to jack. like never?
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

harvestgirl wrote:well, i know RJ has been to shows, so he goes & not once says " hey man " to jack. like never?

I think he has been to one WS show and one Racs show in Austin. I believe that they have never met. Nit really neccessary other than to get approval for designs for them to even communicate. Even that might just be through management or merch people.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

i wonder if jack even approves the designs or if it is someone else. he made a comment that he hadn't seen the metal posters when we talked to him. then again, he could have meant that he hadn't seen them in person.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

roxxan23 wrote:i wonder if jack even approves the designs or if it is someone else. he made a comment that he hadn't seen the metal posters when we talked to him. then again, he could have meant that he hadn't seen them in person.
i actually approve them, but shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone ;)
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"