Q&A Suggestions Box

Discuss ANY Q&A here.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Re: Q&A Suggestions Box

Post by candycaneboy03 »

lightschuh wrote:
rival wrote:I have never seen these before and I was just wondering how hard they are to come by.
It's even harder to come by one that is signed. i think i got a steal for $550.
there......thats better... ;)
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Just an update that we've got 4 of the 5 dirtbombs answers in (got them a couple weeks ago) but we're still waiting on the last one...
ampbc
Little Bird

Post by ampbc »

I have a few questions that I would love to have Rob Jones answer.

When creating a document intended for a poster design in photoshop, what do the settings look like?
Width: 19 or 20 inches?
Height: 26 or 26.667 inches?
Resolution: ? pixels/inch
Colour Mode: RGB or CMYK? 8/16/32 Bit?
Colour Profile?

Each of Jack White’s bands have a certain colour; red for The White Stripes, brown for The Raconteurs, and yellow for The Dead Weather. Do you stick to a certain RGB/CMYK/Pantone code for each colour, or do you use different shades? What are the ‘official’ colour codes of the 3 colours?

Your large posters would require hi-res source photos, so, how do you find the super hi-res photos? Or, do you resample the image in PS?

One of many aspects of your DW & WS posters that I love is how grainy and noisy they can be. Is there some trick that you have to make it look so good? Is this the noise filter in photoshop or some custom brush?

If any of those get answered I'd be thrilled!
Rob Jones is by far the most creative and intelectual poster artist out there. Nobody ever comes close to his symbolic designs.

-Jordan
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

newb attack!
ampbc
Little Bird

Post by ampbc »

love_islander wrote:newb attack!
Really? Well, everyone is a newb at sometime. Also, just because I am new to this website doesn't mean I don't know anything. Although my strength is music, photography and specifically graphic design and art.

So how about we cut it out with this stupid immature off-topic posts? It's pretty sad that a 17 year old can out mature you.

EDIT:
Sorry for that reply, I just think it is ridiculous when people comment like that.

Also, might I add that I too live in Perth!
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

ampbc wrote:
Really? Well, everyone is a newb at sometime. Also, just because I am new to this website doesn't mean I don't know anything. Although my strength is music, photography and specifically graphic design and art.

So how about we cut it out with this stupid immature off-topic posts? It's pretty sad that a 17 year old can out mature you.

EDIT:
Sorry for that reply, I just think it is ridiculous when people comment like that.

17? Nicely put. Welcome aboard. Do stick around. Its great fun, mockery and all. :-)
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

well, actually I didn't say anything really - if you check the post a few above yours (by hawke000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 pm), you'll see what I could have sent if I was being less welcoming. I moreso aimed to make contact with someone new as opposed to it be malicious. My apologies - I've done this before inadvertantly - sorry you had to be the next one to cop it.

Double downs for all!
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I could jump in here, but it would be too easy. Leaving this one alone. GO GET EM LUKE!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:I could jump in here, but it would be too easy. Leaving this one alone. GO GET EM LUKE!
I thought you had to stay away from minors anyway, so figured the apprentice could take the reigns
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

ampbc wrote:

EDIT:

Holy fuck he's from Perth, Small town boy
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

So can we dub these questionnaires dead considering were just a trading website with no community values?

8===========================================================================================D
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

hawke000 wrote:So can we dub these questionnaires dead considering were just a trading website with no community values?
We used to but then you killed it for everyone.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

higherlimits wrote:
hawke000 wrote:So can we dub these questionnaires dead considering were just a trading website with no community values?
Watch me leave and watch this place get a lot more boring. I submitted questions, I was excited about them but no one delivered or followed up. Who really killed it?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Watch me leave and watch this place get a lot more boring. I submitted questions, I was excited about them but no one delivered or followed up. Who really killed it?
8=D
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

love_islander wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
8=D
8========================================================D