14 - Buying for Others

20 + 1 Questions with Ben!
MegBot3000
Site Admin

14 - Buying for Others

Post by MegBot3000 »

More often than not fans of the band ask each other to pick up merchandise from a show in order to avoid paying the inevitably high prices on the secondary market(i.e. eBay). What are your thoughts on the subject?
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Re: 14 - Buying for Others

Post by subpopfan1 »

I can sympathize with people's excitement in procuring items, but this system also inevitably leads to mongering. For each person who buys an extra copy of something for a friend who can't make it to the show/store/whatever, that's one more person who actually does make it to the show/store/space-station that misses an opportunity to obtain that totem. Also, in terms of posters, I have very rarely ever felt an interest in images for gigs that I did not personally attend. I really do wish that people would just buy one copy of items and leave it at that.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: 14 - Buying for Others

Post by stoutr »

I dislike 'waiting in line', but more than that, I do NOT like people 'cutting' in line or having one person save a spot for many others. Seems to me, people buying stuff for pals at shows is similar to 'cutting'.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim