5 - Holy Grail

20 + 1 Questions with Ben!
MegBot3000
Site Admin

5 - Holy Grail

Post by MegBot3000 »

What in your opinion is the Holy Grail of White Stripes collectibles?
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Re: 5 - Holy Grail

Post by subpopfan1 »

There's so many possibilities here...I'm trying to imagine something another collector has that I desire and nothings seems to fall in that category. There's some other curios I can think of, but am hesitant to mention here as I don't want others beating me to it.

I definitely think actual stage-used musical equipment would be boss. We saw what the "Hardest Button" drumset got up to on eBay and there's certainly a dearth of stuff of such a caliber hitting the actual collector marketplace.

As for an actual record...the hand-painted "Lafayette Blues" singles are pretty godhead.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

The very first WS item I wanted was one of those "Hardest Button" drum sets - does anyone know how they went on ebay or where they are now?
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

One was put on eBay. It was put up by charity. But at 10k (?) it still hadn't met the reserve price. I think someone had asked to buy it and the reserve price was at that limit.

This pisses me off. Why couldn't the person just bid on it like everyone else?

Also due to some reason they couldn't sell the drum kits so they gave them away to schools.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

So surely some crazy fan has gone around to schools trying to get their hands on them? There were enough in the video to be able to find some - you'd surely start where it was filmed....
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.