hawke000

Re: Toronto - July 15 - Sound Academy

Post by hawke000 »

*raises hand* hopefully.
drrowe
Little Bird

Post by drrowe »

Tickets arrived from Vault pre-sale today, very exciting!!
CaptainCanuck
Little Cream Soda

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Well the show is tonight! I wish I could be there, have fun!
Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Show was amazing as always, got early entry SCORE THANKS THIRD MAN! There were so many crowd surfers I got kicked in the back of the head 3 times... not my kinda rough show, but good none the less, I rocked it out. Def the roughest Third man show i've ever been to.

The thing that made me scratch my head was there was NO FUCKING POSTER!!!

I asked the merch guy, his response is "No poster, the artist was sick." I asked him who the artist was he said "I don't fucking know, there's no posters."

Well I'd like to know

A) Who the artist was and
B) If I'm going to be able to buy a poster.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:Show was amazing as always, got early entry SCORE THANKS THIRD MAN! There were so many crowd surfers I got kicked in the back of the head 3 times... not my kinda rough show, but good none the less, I rocked it out. Def the roughest Third man show i've ever been to.

I asked the merch guy, his response is "No poster, the artist was sick." I asked him who the artist was he said "I don't fucking know, there's no posters."

Well I'd like to know

Doesn't sounds promising. I still haven't got an email from the Aukland gig - Amber said she'd email when they're ready but it hasn't happened...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

hawke000 wrote:Show was amazing as always, got early entry SCORE THANKS THIRD MAN! There were so many crowd surfers I got kicked in the back of the head 3 times... not my kinda rough show, but good none the less, I rocked it out. Def the roughest Third man show i've ever been to.

Well I'd like to know

I'd like to know who the blowhard asshole was behind the merch stand...jeez, sounds like a real "people person."
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

They had posters in Boston. Done by Silent Giant, bit depressing, not my thing, but I know there are some SG fans on here that might like them. WHERE IS RJ???

Oh and the merch guy there was zero help as well.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

hawke000 wrote:There were so many crowd surfers I got kicked in the back of the head 3 times... not my kinda rough show, but good none the less, I rocked it out. Def the roughest Third man show i've ever been to.
Forgot to ask, has this been typical of the DW shows? Holy shit! I could probably hold my own in that crowd (I'd be pissed, but I'd make it work); however, the Mrs. is going and there's no way she'd stand for that shit.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

dylnfan wrote:
hawke000 wrote:There were so many crowd surfers I got kicked in the back of the head 3 times... not my kinda rough show, but good none the less, I rocked it out. Def the roughest Third man show i've ever been to.
Forgot to ask, has this been typical of the DW shows? Holy shit! I could probably hold my own in that crowd (I'd be pissed, but I'd make it work); however, the Mrs. is going and there's no way she'd stand for that shit.
No it never was. Yeah my girlfriend was barely keeping it together sanity wise and physically, she and I are REALLY sore today.

Overall the show was fantastic, I think it's because the Dead Weather have gotten very popular over the past year for obviously many reasons. Also the local radio station promo'd the hell out of it with the listeners being able to access the same pre-sale tickets as vaulers on the same day. With all of those things in place, with sound academy, I knew it wasn't going to be the same show I'm used to. But then again, even with all the bullshit that took place.

The Dead Weather Fucking Rule.

PS. Kinda funny, my girlfriend has red hair and was front row, and man Jack loves red heads, he was staring at her pretty much during his entire solo. She was flattered, I forgot about the red-head obsession and thought he was staring at me haha. Shucks, I shoulda known better. But then again I was wearing Vault #1 T-shirt.

PSS: Anyone have Amber's email? I really want to get to the bottom of this poster thing.
Spamber
Little Cream Soda

Post by Spamber »

Such an amazing show!
Crowd was crazy indeed! I have a really nasty bruise on my arm.. never seen anything like it. But, still worth it!
Hopefully you guys sort out the poster issue..
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

My Pics from the show. I didn't take them, the lady did, I was too busy getting my brains blown out the back of my head with Alison 2 feet away from me. Front row center. I did pass these through photoshop. Some are better than others.

littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

those are really good pictures
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Love the pics Dan

especially this one
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426