The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Rac-on-tours
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Post by harvestgirl »

still can't believe i missed woody. bah!
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Never trust a hippy
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Never trust a hippy
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Third Man show was killer! Love the poster. Hard to beat standing ten yards away from the band! Wife and son had a great time. The show at the Ryman sounded so much better, clean and loud. We were able to get our posters and still see the shows, got there a lil earlier than usual. Was too loud at Third Man, somewhat distorted. Will be cool seeing them again tomorrow at an outdoor festival, I hope the festival is ran well ! !

Hi to Patchwork, Christian, and Kory, Ara,, Eldude, , I'm sure I'm leaving some out!
Sorry to those I missed.

Woody
I turned around and saw you at one point but never got to say hi. Have fun in MI.

Thanks orangeshoes, just now getting around to catching up on post. We had a great time in Michigan!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

harvestgirl wrote:still can't believe i missed woody. bah!

I think your hiding from me. We shall meet someday.

Woody
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Quite a night indeed. Had to remind myself that this was the first time The Teurs had performed in three years. (Consequently the Mister and I were fortunate enough to see their last two shows at the Ryman and Tabernacle.) The highlight of the gig was its intimacy. It felt as though we were in someone's living room. A seasoned friend pointed out that most shows there would be packed to the back. I've heard conflicting numbers regarding how many tickets were sold but it felt good to know so many and be witness to something so personal. I have to say that the fans made it for me here. How memorable to see so many familiar faces every way I turned - warming for someone visiting from 600 miles away.

Seeing as I was directly behind them, I finally spent some quality time with Aaron and Meg. Aaron is a darling while his missus is far more beautiful and charming than any photo can convey. Peter, who is not on the boards but deserves credit for giving me a ticket among other things, has an irreproachable sense of wit and is someone I thoroughly enjoy spending time with. ColdSoup, aka the Memetic Architect, is a kindred spirit (at least I flatter myself by thinking so) and gets credit not only for his creative genius (see stop-animation for UGWNL, Dex, and Marling) but for keeping me going until 3 in the morning. I loved meeting the Dude's lovely wife, who I can sincerely say wholly completes him. Most of our time spent together was across a crowded room but of all I look forward to spending more time with them again in the future. Kalv was a new and welcomed face. Derrik and and Glenna I finally hooked up with at the Ryman but simply put, it wasn't enough. Nicole and her man have officially joined Juliette and John in my inner circle.

Its quite possible I left someone out due to low blood sugar (apologies to Ed in particular). Took inventory the next morning and - running on only a salad and a couple of beers - I hadn't eaten in 14 hours. I'm not always so aloof - you'll have to trust me on this one.

On a side note, if you were one of the fanboys in the front incessantly squealing "I love you Jack!" you must leave this forum immediately or I will kick you in the balls. No one wants to hear that crap on their Vault release and I'm quite sure none of the other FOUR members of the band wanted to hear it. Patrick, LJ, and Dean absolutely KILLED it Wednesday night, and Brendan needs no flattery as the Racs would not exist without his song writing finesse. YOU however, are in desperate need of a life.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Ara, sorry all you got from me was a wave! It was good to at least see you from across the room, glad you got to make the trip. So nice seeing the band in a room full of people you know, or kind of know. Rock on.

Woody
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

anonymousbrunette wrote: On a side note, if you were one of the fanboys in the front incessantly squealing "I love you Jack!" you must leave this forum immediately or I will kick you in the balls. No one wants to hear that crap on their Vault release and I'm quite sure none of the other FOUR members of the band wanted to hear it. Patrick, LJ, and Dean absolutely KILLED it Wednesday night, and Brendan needs no flattery as the Racs would not exist without his song writing finesse. YOU however, are in desperate need of a life.
Agreed. The one doing all the yelling was behind us in line and very fanboy-ish. He was jumping up and down like an idiot waving and pointing the entire time just trying to get Jack's attention in some way.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

awww ara *warm fuzzies* :)

and yeah, that one guy was mega annoying ~ i think it was the pointing finger action " it's YOU man!!!"
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

After hearing about everyone having a good time at the concerts really wish I could go to one.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

orangeshoeskid wrote: Agreed. The one doing all the yelling was behind us in line and very fanboy-ish. He was jumping up and down like an idiot waving and pointing the entire time just trying to get Jack's attention in some way.
you say this like it was a bad thing?
he is everything i hate...
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

elduderino wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote: Agreed. The one doing all the yelling was behind us in line and very fanboy-ish. He was jumping up and down like an idiot waving and pointing the entire time just trying to get Jack's attention in some way.
Was it you Larry?
Never trust a hippy
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

dmdv1 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
Was it you Larry?
nah, i was the idiot trying to get dean fertita's attention. his new haircut is dreamy.
he is everything i hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
Was it you Larry?
nah, i was the idiot trying to get dean fertita's attention. his new haircut is dreamy.
Yeah, very Grease looking. I kept waiting on him to break into "Sandy" last weekend.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

rsimms3 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
Was it you Larry?
Yeah, very Grease looking. I kept waiting on him to break into "Sandy" last weekend.
He was sporting that when I saw him with Queens- It suited the whole leather look :P