Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17, 2011

Rac-on-tours
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17,

Post by Kali Durga »

None of this changes the fact that we're going to have to sit through Ronnie Dunn and Sheryl Crow to see the Racs.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

"Stand" through. ;)

Totally confused because the mifest.com site still has the original bill(s) listed under "line-up," whereas somebody on Facebook just posted a 2-stage (including TMR) bill.

Oh well. As long as the Racs are there, and I catch some sort of glimpse of them and can hear them, that's the main thing.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Aquamarine wrote:"Stand" through. ;)

Totally confused because the mifest.com site still has the original bill(s) listed under "line-up," whereas somebody on Facebook just posted a 2-stage (including TMR) bill.

Oh well. As long as the Racs are there, and I catch some sort of glimpse of them and can hear them, that's the main thing.
Nope, the official site has been updated to reflect what I posted above.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Kali Durga wrote:None of this changes the fact that we're going to have to sit through Ronnie Dunn and Sheryl Crow to see the Racs.
To quote you in reply to your own post..."from your mouth to God's ears."
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

rsimms3 wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:"Stand" through. ;)

Nope, the official site has been updated to reflect what I posted above.
Weird--you're right, but when I clicked on it about five minutes ago it was still showing the old line-up. It'll have changed again by tomorrow, I'm sure, anyway.

Ah well, off to airport in the a.m., hope to see some of you there. Somewhere. :?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

does anyone think this is gonna spin into a ROMANTICS BLUE SERIES AND TRI COLOR?! holy crap!
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Where the fuck are we Grandee people supposed to park for this thing? I swear the map I found a few weeks ago said our entrance was off of route 50, but my parking pass says Lot 14 which is off of route 12.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

good question the website is lacking.... :?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm practicing my deep breathing exercises now so that I'll be prepared tomorrow when my blood pressure begins creeping up.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Kali Durga wrote:I'm practicing my deep breathing exercises now so that I'll be prepared tomorrow when my blood pressure begins creeping up.
i salute your solution.
he is everything i hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:Where the fuck are we Grandee people supposed to park for this thing? I swear the map I found a few weeks ago said our entrance was off of route 50, but my parking pass says Lot 14 which is off of route 12.
I sent an email asking for more specifics, such as where everything is in relation to the parking lot, etc, but no reply yet.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Lot 14 is south of the festival grounds, across 12. I am assuming they are going to close 12 so that only VIPs can get to that area and cross 12 without problems. That is only a guess.... These organizers have shot themselves in the foot for the following 4 years without some SERIOUS improvements at the festival itself. Like I said to someone else yesterday, better festivals than this have pulled out in the past 5 years. Lowering ticket prices, canceling bands, and not being at all organized leads me to believe they overestimated the general interest in their line-up. The Racs are awesome, but they don't draw numbers like U2 or Pearl Jam or some other A-list band that are able to fill large arenas like Madison Square Garden. Attendance of 10,000 was targeted in the article in the Detroit Free Press yesterday. Targeted, not confirmed. That's less than half of what an arena like MSG holds.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So would it be better to take 127 down from Jackson all the way to 12 and come in from the west, or cut through Brooklyn and come down 50 then turn onto 12 from the east? Oy. These people should'a hired me. Keeping disorganized people on track is what I do for a living.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'd go 127 to 12 personally and avoid Brooklyn itself. Especially if you have VIP parking.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh my gosh, they put up a map. Whaddayaknow? http://www.mi-fest.com/plan.html