Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17, 2011

Rac-on-tours
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Raconteurs at Michigan International Speedway Sept. 17,

Post by Kali Durga »

I saw this info on the Speedway site a couple weeks ago-- "Festival will be held in Lots 8 & 9 east of the main track entrance on U.S. Hwy 12", so I pulled up the map of the place--

So we'll be down near the bottom right corner.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

The parking lot seems rather a long way away. :? Maybe then we have to get a tram.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

VIP folks have special parking, if I remember correctly.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yes to the last two questions.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I just looked at their Facebook page, and it seems the Racs have become top of the bill.

Edit: I mean the festival's page, not the Racs'.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Weren't they always top of the bill...?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I know all the other information is in the other thread, but I can't find it easily so this is going here. I asked about the schedule on their FB page:
When are you going to post show times and a grounds map? It's less than a week away and folks need to know how to plan their day....

MI Fest: Michigan's Music Festival Schedule will be up tomorrow. Check the site in the AM to get the details. Thanks for your patience!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Current forcast for Saturday:
High: 64 degrees
Low: 47 degrees
Chance of Rain: 0%
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That's lovely. Might even be a touch chilly by the time the Racs go on after dark.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ That's lovely. Might even be a touch chilly by the time the Racs go on after dark.
Yeah, this is my kind of weather. I'm looking forward to seeing the scheduling if they ever get it posted to the website.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, I've checked the site already, too, but it is still a little early over there in Central Time.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

I re-checked my ticket and parking pass info, and the parking lot itself doesnt open until 11 am, and the event starts at 1 pm. Plan on pulling up to the lot gates super early and sleep in the car.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Yeah, I've checked the site already, too, but it is still a little early over there in Central Time.
Um....Michigan is Eastern, not Central which leaves them 1 hour to get the schedule posted in the "AM".
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, I thought Michigan was just over the line into the next zone. So, yes, tsk on them.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

There's a small part in the U.P. that is in Central.