The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Rac-on-tours
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011]

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Glad you got a ticket, I'm going to Michigan as well. I'm 6'3" 250 lbs, hanging out with my 6'4" son and 5'3" wife. If you see us say Hi.
Can I sit on your shoulders?
Seriously. Or can Aqua and I at least stand with your wife in front of you and your son?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

But wait! "Special viewing area" promised! :D

However, wrong thread.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Glad you got a ticket, I'm going to Michigan as well. I'm 6'3" 250 lbs, hanging out with my 6'4" son and 5'3" wife. If you see us say Hi.
Seriously. Or can Aqua and I at least stand with your wife in front of you and your son?
You got my wife beat by one inch- lol. I don't expect the TMR stage to be terribly high off the ground at least. Spending most of the day in line at RRS is prolly what'll end up happening anyways.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

greginchains wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
You got my wife beat by one inch- lol. I don't expect the TMR stage to be terribly high off the ground at least. Spending most of the day in line at RRS is prolly what'll end up happening anyways.
The TMR stage is about 5 feet tall, probably a little less. I'm only about 5'6" and it's easy for me to rest my elbow on the stage. There aren't as many places that you can stand right next to the stage anymore because they build some boxes for monitors to hang off the edge of the stage some and give the bands a little more room.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
Unfortunately I need lumbar fusion in My lower back! A few years ago I would of been up for it. But your welcome to stand in front of us. We need to work together securing spots and holding them (the closer the better) and then taking turns hitting the RRS. Not sure how it's going to work out, but we need to help each other out. Y'all both seem really nice, cool peeps. Let's definitely hook up.

I got my tickets today and it says we have our own area (standing only) so maybe that will be close to the stage. Got the tent to chill out in, could come in handy if it rains.

Gonna be fun. Hopefully no Juggalos!

Woody
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

This "special viewing area" has perked me up considerably regarding the possibility of getting a decent spot. (I should explain I'm five feet tall, which makes life difficult on these occasions. Kali is taller, but even so . . .) We should all definitely meet up and help each other out, as the logistics could prove to be very tricky otherwise!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

So is everyone now talking about the MI Festival show or the TMR show?
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

weren't the tmr tix will call? i don't recall having an area to select a shipping option.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

orangeshoeskid wrote:So is everyone now talking about the MI Festival show or the TMR show?
yeah, what are we talking about here?
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What, y'all don't derail threads over here?

orangeshoeskid wrote:The TMR stage is about 5 feet tall, probably a little less. I'm only about 5'6" and it's easy for me to rest my elbow on the stage. There aren't as many places that you can stand right next to the stage anymore because they build some boxes for monitors to hang off the edge of the stage some and give the bands a little more room.
They had a barrier in front of the stage for the SoC show last year (cue memorable Alison moment). Have they not had that for other shows there? Or was that perhaps just because it was being filmed?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Kali Durga wrote:What, y'all don't derail threads over here?

orangeshoeskid wrote:The TMR stage is about 5 feet tall, probably a little less. I'm only about 5'6" and it's easy for me to rest my elbow on the stage. There aren't as many places that you can stand right next to the stage anymore because they build some boxes for monitors to hang off the edge of the stage some and give the bands a little more room.
They had a barrier in front of the stage for the SoC show last year (cue memorable Alison moment). Have they not had that for other shows there? Or was that perhaps just because it was being filmed?
I know about the barrier cause she stepped right in between my wife's hands. The only other show with barriers that I remember was Karen Elson. They only have those when filming so the guy with the camera can move back and forth in front of the stage. There is never usually a barrier and you can get right up to the stage, although slightly further back now with the monitor boxes now.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I figured you knew about the barrier because I thought you were at that show. Couldn't remember for sure, though. Barrier-less shows are good. Much as I think it'd be cool for this one to be filmed, I'd also love for it to be barrier-free.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Now I'M confused. You guys are talking about the stage in the performance room at TMR, right? Whereas I thought THIS
greginchains wrote:
referred to the TMR stage at the MI Fest.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Aquamarine wrote:Now I'M confused. You guys are talking about the stage in the performance room at TMR, right? Whereas I thought THIS
greginchains wrote:
referred to the TMR stage at the MI Fest.
Yeah but this thread is "The Raconteurs @Third Man Live [Sept. 14, 2011], I know your post was about the MI Fest but I was doing what I could to get this thread back on track.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Oh, I'm all in favor of the thread getting on track, I was just genuinely confused as to what everyone was referring to!