Reunion?

Discuss The Racs here
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Reunion?

Post by rsimms3 »

elduderino wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
elduderino wrote:luckily, no mention of kid rock, only his "protege" (linkie courtesy of ara)...

http://www.billboard.com/events/#/event ... 3882.story

i'm hoping this is not just a one-off, but maybe tuning up for heading into the studio.
I hope for the opposite, a coming out of the studio performance.
either way.

now, leave me alone - i'm trying to tally up all the 5th of july tri colors up for sale or trade on the swirlie...
How many are in your stack?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
elduderino wrote:luckily, no mention of kid rock, only his "protege" (linkie courtesy of ara)...

http://www.billboard.com/events/#/event ... 3882.story

i'm hoping this is not just a one-off, but maybe tuning up for heading into the studio.
I hope for the opposite, a coming out of the studio performance.
either way.

now, leave me alone - i'm trying to tally up all the 5th of july tri colors up for sale or trade on the swirlie...
How many are in your stack?
not a single one. why do you ask?
he is everything i hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Farmington Hills, Michigan (July 5, 2011) — Iconic band The Raconteurs, featuring Detroit natives Jack White and Brendan Benson, along with singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow will headline the first-annual MI Fest (mi · fest \ mī – fest \ noun : an outdoor music festival featuring the best of Michigan’s food, industry, art and music) on September 17, 2011.

The Raconteurs (White and Benson, along with bandmates Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler) will be joined by several artists from the Third Man Records’ roster who will be performing. In addition, the Third Man Rolling Record Store will be on-site and integrated into MI Fest.
Other artists set to appear on MI Fest’s two stages include Alto Reed’s AllStars, Bear Lake, Hot Club of Detroit, Jill Jack, Mark Farner (formerly of Grand Funk Railroad), Marnée, Mitch Ryder, The Howling Diablos, The Juliets, The Rockets, The Romantics, Ty Stone & The Truth, Whitey Morgan & The 78s. Additional artists to be announced.

Tickets for the first annual festival, to be held on the lush grounds of Michigan International Speedway (12626 US Highway 12) in Brooklyn, Michigan, will be available at an Early Bird price of $59 until July 8. The general sale begins on July 9 with tickets priced at $79 (no hidden convenience fees). Re-entry will be allowed. Children 12 and under are free accompanied by a ticketed adult. To get tickets, call 800-354-1010 or go to www.mispeedway.com.

For festival-goers wanting a red carpet experience, VIP tickets ($99 Early Bird-$109 General Sale) will provide shelter, special parking, entrance and concessions, and a chance to mingle with MI Fest performers.

Premier camping facilities at MI Fest cost $35 for rustic sites and $50 for electric sites for the entire weekend; RV rental is also available. Camp grounds open on Friday, September 16 at 4 p.m. and festival goers will not need their cars once parked, as there is a continuous shuttle to the festival just across the street. Camp grounds close on Sunday, September 18 at noon.

Gates to MI Fest will open at noon on Saturday, September 17 with the first show starting at 1 p.m. and last show wrapping up at 11 p.m. The ticket office will be open from 11a.m.

More than a music fest, MI Fest is a true multisensory experience. Delicious food will be provided by many Michigan restaurants and companies, including American Coney Island, Jacques’ Tacos, Chicken Man, Dago Joe’s and Kona Shaved Ice. Badass Beer will be there to wash it all down.

The Walker Tavern Farmers Market will be on-site, along with festival memorabilia and an outdoor marketplace featuring local artisans, transforming this one-day music festival into a weekend-long excursion. Detroit’s beloved rock magazine Creem, currently being relaunched, will be selling T-shirts and other merchandise.

In addition, there will be a MI Fest Art Gallery, where artists including Mark Arminski, Gary Grimshaw, Carl Lungren, Sue Rynski, Leni Sinclair, Tom Weshler, Stanley Mouse and Johnny Bee Badanjek – many of whom have played extensive roles in the poster and photo art of Michigan’s music scene – will display their work.

George Gikas, president of TGIF Entertainment Group, which is organizing the festival for the newly formed MI Fest, LLC, said: “We are so excited to be bringing this one-of-a-kind music and camping event to Michigan. This is the inaugural event of a festival that will become an essential weekend for all music-lovers in Michigan and further afield.”

TGIF Entertainment Group is a private independent entertainment company based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. TGIF builds dynamic relationships to create, develop, book, promote, produce, and co-brand concerts and events that encompass an energetic TGIF feeling. For serious artists, TGIF offers disciplined developmental strategies to create a plan for achieving their career goals. TGIF has produced some of the areas best events, including Alto Reed's AllStar Thanksgiving Celebration and is a recipient of the "Spirit of Detroit" award. For information, visit www.tgifeg.com.

Located in Brooklyn, Michigan, about 70 miles west of Detroit, the 1,400-acre Michigan International Speedway is a storied and historical facility best known for its NASCAR racing. The speedway annually hosts some of the country’s best, most competitive stock-car auto racing, the Great Lakes Wine and Beer Festival, the Spirit of America blood drive, the country’s largest 9-11 blood drive, the Michigan State High School Athletic Association’s state cross country finals, car shows, driving schools, summertime camping and more. Click or call www.MISpeedway.com or 800-354-1010 for information.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

Per Benson's fb page this will be the only show for 2011. Hopefully they will spend the rest of the year in studio...
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote: The Raconteurs (White and Benson, along with bandmates Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler) will be joined by several artists from the Third Man Records’ roster who will be performing. In addition, the Third Man Rolling Record Store will be on-site and integrated into MI Fest.
also with other TMR artists - does that mean possibly the Dead Weather? I assume this roster means the Black Belles will be there too?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Stoked and about to order tickets for the fam!

Rsimms3: what's your recommendation on hotel accommodations in the area?? Not really into the whole camping thing! Cause I guess only those with a RRS are at your place! Seriously, any and all guidance is appreciated!!!

Hoping for warm up show at the BlueRoom!!!!

(Posted by Woody's Wife)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Alabama Woody wrote:Stoked and about to order tickets for the fam!

Rsimms3: what's your recommendation on hotel accommodations in the area?? Not really into the whole camping thing! Cause I guess only those with a RRS are at your place! Seriously, any and all guidance is appreciated!!!

(Posted by Woody's Wife)
Didn't you hear? Parking lot at Rsimms place perfect for camping ;)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Will set a new record for me as far as distance traveled to see a show. I have never been further North than Indiana. :D
The drive itself will be cool! The fricken Raconteurs.........he'll yeah, only seen them once live.
The temps should be nice in September, I would suppose?
Fired up.

Woody
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

love_islander wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Stoked and about to order tickets for the fam!

(Posted by Woody's Wife)
Didn't you hear? Parking lot at Rsimms place perfect for camping ;)
I'm not a camper type person. I need the extra bedroom..............sure he has one.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

WTT: My guaranteed sleeping spot on the couch at Adam's house for a minty Cosmos...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Post by I Ate The Walrus »

wow awesome news, for them it would be possible to have an album recorded between now and that gig (if they haven't already) :D
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Really wanting to go.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Ok, spillage. I pressed PK about the possible future of the Racs when I spoke with him at the G'Hornes show in Cincy last time. Let me just say this; I'm not surprised to hear this "news." ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5