Album: The Raconteurs Live in London

Stylophones to Rob Jones
greginchains
Little Ghost

Re: Album: The Raconteurs Live in London

Post by greginchains »

What Vault number was it? I would like to look into acquiring this Vault Package. Currently, I only have number 4.[/quote]

If you are in a position to buy this and are a Rac's fan, just do it! Like I said before, the sound quality of the vinyl is excellent and the track listing and live performances are outstanding! The tracklist is:
• Intro
• Consoler Of The Lonely
• The Switch And The Spur
• You Don't Understand Me
• Top Yourself
• Old Enough
• Hold Up
• Keep It Clean
• Level
• Steady, As She Goes
• Rich Kid Blues
• Blue Veins
• Many Shades Of Black
• Little Red Rooster
• Intimate Secretary
• Salute Your Solution
• Carolina Drama
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

I think pics have been posted earlier on, with the tracklist and everything :)
And this was the 2nd Vault Package :D
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

trickster wrote:
littleacorn wrote:
rival wrote:Where can this be found? I've head a few people talk about the live in london but I don't see it anywhere on the TMR site or the Racs site.
It was part of a Vault package
It was included in the #2
Does anyone have a Vault package #2 for sale? Please PM me...
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

rival wrote:Does anyone have a Vault package #2 for sale? Please PM me...
Do you have anything you would trade for it? i have the whole #2 package if you need it
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

lightschuh wrote:
Do you have anything you would trade for it? i have the whole #2 package if you need it
I have zero TMR stuff for trade. I'm a noob on the scene. I do have a lot of Pearl Jam stuff...not sure if you fancy anything in that realm. PM me a price if you are willing to sell.

Thanks.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Just listening to this right now on the record player while I'm watching the Winter Classic and having a few pints. Man, is this album ever fucking fantastic.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

rival wrote:Just listening to this right now on the record player while I'm watching the Winter Classic and having a few pints. Man, is this album ever fucking fantastic.
Best Vault release to date, hands down.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

Looking to buy either just the double lp or entire vault package n2. Anyone has any offers? Have one rare item from TMR if interested in trading the entire vault package. cheers
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Post by vozhyk87 »

lightschuh wrote:
Let me know if you still have the second vault package for sale/trade.
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

I read this post the whole way through about 6 months ago. It made me instantly want to hear this album so I started the hunt. It doesn't exist on the internet which is awesome (Ebay Excluded). To have an album which is truly only available on vinyl in very limited quantities and not on the internet to download is probably as rare as music gets (Is this how Triple Decker owners feel?)

I frequent the Modlife Chat and a fellow vaulter/swirler gave me a great deal and to him I am grateful since I missed this package (BluefordT)

So I waited for a good time to listen as I wanted to give this album the respect it deserves haha. I did a Live Review on the Raconteurs Modblast and wanted to post it here in the hopes that someone else will see it and get the fire ignited in them to hear it like I did.

From me to you enjoy.....

<Maldoror17> 7:46 pm est 5/12/2011 BluefordT : Its begun I waited patiently to hear LIL I have indulged in some of the devils lettuce...Lets do It starts really strong...The sound is unreal perfect mix of crowd and band! Jack has a gritty sound when he sings more like WS than Racs...Lets see where this goes....the piano is great in You Don't Understand Me great singing from Jack on this one too.....This version of Top Special is very unique....I love that about Jack's stuff it can be different every time you hear it the album can be one thing and you hear it live and its not the same...but in a good way most bands can't pull that off (See Counting Crows)....Keep it Clean nothing like a good blues cover from Jack "If you want to hear Jack White screamin' ?oh yeah,?"......into Level ohhh yes..The guitar work on Level is like Tom Morello amazing.....Is that the bullet mic on Steady as She Goes??...Side 3 here i come
<Maldoror17> Gotta be up at 5am to surf Part 2 tomorrow night
<BluefordT> 9:48 am est 5/13/2011 HAPPY TGIF!!!
<BluefordT> Maldoror17: so do u like it?
<Maldoror17> BluefordT: UMMMMMM Hell yeah I do good live albums are great WS, DW and Portishead all have amazing live albums and now Racs
PART II....Side 3 starts a little soft with Rich Kid Blues good slow blues.....Blue Veins is always amazing solid but different each time I hear it arguably the Racs best song.....discuss.......Jack on the guitar and the others that surround him are great musicians all in their own right but make solid bands that come together like Voltron....Side Note : The fact that Jack steps back and does drums in DW says something special about the guitar skills of Dean Fertita it shows during the Live at TMR shows........Found this guess its talking about the same show - http://www.nme.com/news/the-raconteurs/36628 Salute Your Solution also another favorite of mine its got good fast pace the guitar work is killer.......Man seems like SYS was the last song by that ending but wait theres more.........Carolina Drama is such a good song to end on I assume Jacks playing Claudette Colbert. This album was everything people said it was I read the whole LIL post on the swirl and had to have this and it was totally worth getting.....This really makes me more and more excited for the WS Live from Mississippi if its close to this good quality we are all in for a real treat..........STAY TUNED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WS
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I hadn't heard a live Racs set prior to LIL and I want to get around to finding more because it totally blows away the studio album. I never understood why some of the album tracks were liked so much, but after LIL I get it 8-)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, the Raconteurs were pretty awesome live.. I saw them a few times in '08... they generally played small venues too so it was even better...
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Maldoror17 wrote:It doesn't exist on the internet
Not completely true... I randomly came across a rip of it a couple of months back. Unfortunately, the quality was pretty terrible. So...yes, I really want to hear this, really, some time.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Oh how I wish they would return.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

sjcapps07 wrote:
Maldoror17 wrote:It doesn't exist on the internet
Not completely true... I randomly came across a rip of it a couple of months back. Unfortunately, the quality was pretty terrible. So...yes, I really want to hear this, really, some time.
Your skills at searching are better than mine. I was actually glad to not find it it made it that much more special to hear on vinyl for the first time.