Poster Storage

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
thescofieldkid
Little Cream Soda

Re: Poster Storage

Post by thescofieldkid »

ASW 20% off. 3 Days Only! Orders over $99 get an Extra 20% Off. Enter coupon WISH4U in the shopping cart to get your discount. Offer expires at 11:59 PM, EST on Sat, 8/28/10

http://www.aswexpress.com/

get some.
thescofieldkid
Little Cream Soda

Post by thescofieldkid »

After scouring the web for some time, I think this store has the best prices on mounting corners. If anyone has a better lead, please post.

Self-Adhesive Mylar® Mounting Corners - Clear (240/Pkg.) Lineco Mylar® corners are very thin, clear and archival quality. They are made of crystal clear Mylar®, the museum’s choice of plastics. Use for light to medium weight photos and art.

http://www.allartsupplies.com/item.php?articleId=1336
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

I just got a coupon for ASW express: 10% off using coupon "Spring10"
valid until 3-20-11
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Hey there - anyone have a recent asw discount code??

Thanks!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

chrono_1980 wrote:Hey there - anyone have a recent asw discount code??

Thanks!

Here you go:

* Coupon Code... Orders $79 or more get an Extra 10% OFF. Enter coupon BEBOLD in the shopping cart to activate your discount. Coupon only applies to orders placed on the ASW Express web site. Coupon can only be used once per customer. Coupon expires at 11:59 PM, EST on Sunday, 4/3/11. Coupons do not apply to super sales, clearance items, lowest possible prices or gift certificate purchases.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Thank you sir!
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Ok, little bump.

I just got my first poster in a trade (the fantastic Rac live @ TMR) and I love it. I don't think I will be able to frame it right now (might try) so I'm looking for the best way to store it (it's still on its tube). The problem is that this poster is huge (25"x33" if I remember well) and doesn't fir in A1 or 24"x36" portfolios...

How do you guys store big posters?

I will surely buy a portfolio though as I will surely become a poster addict (and already wanna complete the Lobby Card Serie). :mrgreen:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

HappyDad wrote:Ok, little bump.

I just got my first poster in a trade (the fantastic Rac live @ TMR) and I love it. I don't think I will be able to frame it right now (might try) so I'm looking for the best way to store it (it's still on its tube). The problem is that this poster is huge (25"x33" if I remember well) and doesn't fir in A1 or 24"x36" portfolios...

I will surely buy a portfolio though as I will surely become a poster addict (and already wanna complete the Lobby Card Serie). :mrgreen:
keep it in the tube, I store mine flat (biggest sleeves I could find) some don't fit so I leave them in the wider tubes Rob is famous for sending his posters in.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

hawke000 wrote:
HappyDad wrote:Ok, little bump.

keep it in the tube, I store mine flat (biggest sleeves I could find) some don't fit so I leave them in the wider tubes Rob is famous for sending his posters in.
Ditto - big tubes...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

It's always best to keep them flat, I have mine in a portfolio under the bed, in required I'll keep them in large tubes but usually only the ones I plan to sell..
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

higherlimits wrote:It's always best to keep them flat, I have mine in a portfolio under the bed, in required I'll keep them in large tubes but usually only the ones I plan to sell..
Tubes (even 4" ones) are a really bad idea - I did this when I first started collecting and really reduced the quality of some of my prints (edge dings, roll marks).
Store them flat, ideally in mylar or a comparable portfolio if they are small enough
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

icdvet wrote:
higherlimits wrote:It's always best to keep them flat, I have mine in a portfolio under the bed, in required I'll keep them in large tubes but usually only the ones I plan to sell..
Tubes (even 4" ones) are a really bad idea - I did this when I first started collecting and really reduced the quality of some of my prints (edge dings, roll marks).
Store them flat, ideally in mylar or a comparable portfolio if they are small enough
Then, what do you suggest to keep a 25"x33" poster flat ?
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I have a couple of old 30*40 frames that I store my larger posters in. They are clip backs so don't put much pressure on the prints. Some have been in there about 7 years without issue, flattens them out great too.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I've got a portfolio which is pretty big, not sure its exact size but everything has fit into it..
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

higherlimits wrote:I've got a portfolio which is pretty big, not sure its exact size but everything has fit into it..
The biggest I saw on internet were A0 or 24"x36" so too small... :?
--> JUST HERE