Poster Storage

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Re: Poster Storage

Post by harvestgirl »

there are a few of the 07s that are too big for the largest size portfolio sleeves ~ what have you all done w/ those?

i have them wrapped well & laying inside of the back of the portfolio, but they don't fit the sleeves.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

harvestgirl wrote:there are a few of the 07s that are too big for the largest size portfolio sleeves ~ what have you all done w/ those?

i have them wrapped well & laying inside of the back of the portfolio, but they don't fit the sleeves.
Bags Unlimited has some pretty large mylar sleeves - the largest size are even big enough for those giant Aluminum prints by Rob Jones
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=145
I use the acid-free backing boards that they sell too and mounting corners to keep my prints in place in the sleeves so the corners don't get all dinged up
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

icdvet wrote:
harvestgirl wrote:there are a few of the 07s that are too big for the largest size portfolio sleeves ~ what have you all done w/ those?

Bags Unlimited has some pretty large mylar sleeves - the largest size are even big enough for those giant Aluminum prints by Rob Jones
I use the acid-free backing boards that they sell too and mounting corners to keep my prints in place in the sleeves so the corners don't get all dinged up
thanks ~ yeah, my hubby wants to do this as well.
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

One guy I know uses a piece of acid free coal core and the shrink wraps the prints to the board. It is a pretty smart idea actually.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
erba
Little Bird

Post by erba »

harvestgirl wrote:
icdvet wrote:

thanks ~ yeah, my hubby wants to do this as well.
This is what I use to store a lot of my posters too. I also bought the rack below to store them in. It's nice to be able to flip through them and sort through them.

missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Post by missterpickles »

Our flat file fits the Emerald City print with ease.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

3 DAYS ONLY! Orders over $99 get an Extra 20% Off. Enter coupon A3G6 in the shopping cart to get your discount. Offer expires at 11:59 PM, EST on Sat, 8/7/10. Some restrictions apply
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

missterpickles wrote:

Our flat file fits the Emerald City print with ease.

but i don't have a flat file ~ lol

and i'll be framing emerald city, it's some of the 07s i am not framing that don't fit.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Last day for the 20% off, I saved 300 bucks... YEAH
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

hawke000 wrote:Last day for the 20% off, I saved 300 bucks... YEAH
What the hell did you buy?
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

7th_son wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Last day for the 20% off, I saved 300 bucks... YEAH
What the hell did you buy?
Alright THEY told me I saved 300 bucks... Suggested Retail price of course... but seriously if you guys need sleeves or anything like that, an extra 20% doesn't hurt.
thescofieldkid
Little Cream Soda

Post by thescofieldkid »

Hey gang, I'm about to send off for this setup, and just want to make sure I'm getting everything right. A couple quick ?'s.

The site says it holds 40 pages and 80 prints. I'm assuming they're putting prints back-to-back. If I put a backer board between, there shouldn't be any problems with material transfer between the prints?

I also liked the idea of the portrait corners.

Any other ideas/recommendations before I send off for everything.

Thanks in advance.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

thescofieldkid wrote:Hey gang, I'm about to send off for this setup, and just want to make sure I'm getting everything right. A couple quick ?'s.

The site says it holds 40 pages and 80 prints. I'm assuming they're putting prints back-to-back. If I put a backer board between, there shouldn't be any problems with material transfer between the prints?

I also liked the idea of the portrait corners.

Any other ideas/recommendations before I send off for everything.

Thanks in advance.
The sleeves come with nice black paper inside that can be used to physically separate the 2 prints front and back. You shouldn't need backer boards. I think they would take up too much space to fit a decent number of sleeves in the portfolio. Keep in mind that this set-up with 40 sleeves will be very heavy. I only have 30 in mine, but I suppose it could hold more. The photo corners are great, particularly if you'd like to put a few small prints in one sleeve, but I have found that larger prints don't really move, but that's just my opinion. Hope that helps!
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

be sure to order extra sleeves, it only comes w/ a few.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Yea, i haven't been using backs but i like my new one, yea only came with 5 sleeves. Boo. Ordered more.