Poster Storage

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Re: Poster Storage

Post by mkuborn »

hahahahaha everyone calm the fuck down. That thing is huge and those come nowhere near the posters inside, even my two huge mint copies of the 23x37 Emerald City are safe and sound. I do like clamps w/that much tension i even switched the side ones from normal binder clamps, it keeps it flat as there are a good number of posters and craft paper in it. Sorry it looks rough but it is completely functional, not one stress, crease or scuff...
Last edited by mkuborn on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

Crow
Last edited by mkuborn on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

mkuborn wrote:
3quid wrote:*note to self... never buy from mkuborn*
Dont appreciate this, you dont know me, i dont know you. Uncalled for and unneeded.[/
quote]

You met him at SXSW. He is just screwing around with you
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

hahaa oh... eating that crow. yum.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
mkuborn wrote:
3quid wrote:*note to self... never buy from mkuborn*
Dont appreciate this, you dont know me, i dont know you. Uncalled for and unneeded.[/
quote]

You met him at SXSW. He is just screwing around with you

Kevin, you suck at quoting people.

I wasn't entirely joking. If this is how you store posters, I would hate to see how you package and ship them. FYI, most kraft paper is not acid-free (and neither is your foam board if it has a glossy finish), so if this is your plan for long term storage you may see some discoloration. This can potentially happen as quickly as a few months of storage in direct contact with an acidic material as I've seen it happen first hand. Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make your bed next time you take photos of it.
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

I have had no issues, it is mainly acid free paper between all posters, some in sleeves. I wouldn't worry about it, everything is under control. I dont make my bed for women much less the internet.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Matt discoloration within a couple of months touching craft paper? Come one man we are not storing the Mona Lisa here. It is a few prints and I would guess it would take years to do any real damage from craft paper or non-acid free foam core. You need to quit reading the EB art care section so much.

His bed should be made though.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

first some mug shots, then some un-socked feet, then ms. doubtfire on the telly, now a messy bed....... i'm afraid to see what revealing picture he puts up next.... :o
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

candycaneboy03 wrote:first some mug shots, then some un-socked feet, then ms. doubtfire on the telly, now a messy bed....... i'm afraid to see what revealing picture he pu
ts up next.... :o
I still have not forgiven him for the framed Fairey and Mrs. Doubtfire. The rest I can forgive but I am struggling with the others. Is it a requirement to think Shepard Fairey is cool if you live on the west coast?
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

I think so, he is a bit of an LA art folk hero but i would never pay the prices most of his stuff goes for... those on my wall were super cheap, like i said i am just kind of an art nerd, not some print hoarding collector. I respect what he has done for "street art" but also agree with the common consensus that his early work is far better than anything he is doing lately.

I am a weird dude, what can i say... i might have to go eat a double down standing above one of my doodled RJ's and take a photo for you guys.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

i still don't see the great fascination with fairey, perhaps i just caught on too late or never really at all. The common consensus with him by the time that i got on the train was that he was mainly good for immediate flipping and his servers for his online sales are absolute shit.

with that being said, and being from socal as well, shep/obey has def blown up in the past 2 years i would say -- at least in the non-super hipster parts of socal Essentially because, for whatever reason, everyone has just started printing all of his shit/ "obey" on t-shirts, totes, along with his jacket and clothing line...every other fucken lil twat on the streets has them. its the new "pseudo-hipster-underground" thing. Its been coming down a bit, but nobody and i mean nobody that i've mentioned it too, knows that the t-shirt they're wearing is actually based on a painting or a print of sorts. hell, they don't even know who the fuck Shep is. I think most kids just think its a clothing line now...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

20% off orders of $99 or more for the next three days. $6.95 flat shipping always.

http://www.aswexpress.com/vimages/art_s ... MER20.html
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Post by missterpickles »

Grim,

Check craigslist for flat files. We picked up two five drawer Mayline's (largest size) with a stand and top for $100. If we bought it new it would be well over $5k. Then line the drawers with glassine paper, and use them as slip sheets in between prints.

The flat files have a depressor that keeps the prints flat, and will flatten them if they are still curved from being in a tube. We painted ours red, and love it.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

missterpickles wrote:Grim,

Check craigslist for flat files. We picked up two five drawer Mayline's (largest size) with a stand and top for $100. If we bought it new it would be well over $5k. Then line the drawers with glassine paper, and use them as slip sheets in between prints.

The flat files have a depressor that keeps the prints flat, and will flatten them if they are still curved from being in a tube. We painted ours red, and love it.
Pictures!
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Post by missterpickles »

ff.jpg
Here is our Mayline.
ffprint.jpg
Drawer open with print/plan depressor up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.