Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Re: Deals You Can't Pass Up

Post by PugFaceRex »

Alabama Woody wrote:All records are over priced now !
agreed
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Give it a few years until all the hipsters are gone and sales are back down.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

why do people keep saying just wait for the "fad" to pass....don't you realize if this "fad" does pass less awesome records will be pressed!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Stl_ben wrote:why do people keep saying just wait for the "fad" to pass....don't you realize if this "fad" does pass less awesome records will be pressed!
To me if it's interesting enough it will be pressed on vinyl regardless of its hip or not. But then again I could care less for stuff like the mondo batman series...
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Lot's of great things didn't get pressed 10+ years ago. Thanks to it being "hip" they are coming out now....I like things being "hip."
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Stl_ben wrote:Lot's of great things didn't get pressed 10+ years ago. Thanks to it being "hip" they are coming out now....I like things being "hip."
As do the physical record stores.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I don't think this is just a fad. I think there has been a cultural shift. I think sometimes we are overwhelmed with technology surrounding us and we like to regress to more simplistic things. Back on topic anybody have any good deals out there I should be aware of?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

littleacorn wrote:I don't think this is just a fad. I think there has been a cultural shift. I think sometimes we are overwhelmed with technology surrounding us and we like to regress to more simplistic things. Back on topic anybody have any good deals out there I should be aware of?
Agreed. People would rather have an artifact if they're gonna pay for music. I could spend $10 on itunes or $20-30 for a record that also comes with a download. The big cover to roll joints on is a bonus. :mrgreen:
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Just the NEW ones

In terms is this thread

Deepdiscount worth checking once in a while

http://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=AM&ft=LP+Vinyl
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

The popularity of vinyl being this high is a "fad", for lack of a better term. It will always be around, but it will experience a dip in popularity at some point. Then, at some point, it will experience a resurgence.

I don't understand the complaints about vinyl being too expensive. For a basic new record I spend, on average, around $25. That is shipped directly to me and includes a digital download or CD copy 90% of the time. Seems reasonable to me. It's the deluxe editions and box sets I've cut way back on. If its not something really cool or a band I really love I find they're usually a waste of money.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:I don't think this is just a fad. I think there has been a cultural shift. I think sometimes we are overwhelmed with technology surrounding us and we like to regress to more simplistic things. Back on topic anybody have any good deals out there I should be aware of?
I disagree. There is quite the fad going on right now, especially with people closer to my age. I am in my 20s and I could count on one hand the amount of friends I have who have a record player and purchase vinyl as one of their main forms of music. I do on the other hand know a bunch of people who buy records because they look cool and are nice to show off in a frame or on a table. Why do you think these limited edition coloured vinyl and variants and splatter pressings or whatever else you can do with vinyl are so popular?

We are also still in a time where we have all those people around (getting older...but still around) who grew up with vinyl and still use it as a main form of listening. Younger generations couldn't care less for the most part...so I could see a drop as those older generations go away..hah

I agree with Ben though. I do like seeing all these things pressed on vinyl that would have never been pressed years ago. I love being able to walk into a music store and find almost every album put out now days, on vinyl. That is how it should be.. Do I hope it stays like that for a long time? Yes. Do I think it will? Maybe not.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Collectors Choice Music has a 25% off code: OCT1425

I got Paramount Vol 1 (already discounted to $375.98) for around $280 plus shipping.

http://www.ccmusic.com/
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dunedin wrote:Collectors Choice Music has a 25% off code: OCT1425

I got Paramount Vol 1 (already discounted to $375.98) for around $280 plus shipping.

http://www.ccmusic.com/
Looking pretty good so far, new Weezer is $18.38 and I assume I can use the coupon on it as well to bring it down to about $13.50. Have you purchased from them before, do they pack well?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The code is only for purchases over $50, FYI.