CANADA!!!

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: CANADA!!!

Post by arewhyehen »

And with that...I drink my last beer and toast you all, goodnight.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Congratulations! It's weird, this seems to be a huge deal in Canada, but it's near impossible to find coverage of it down here. They did mention it on ESPN radio today, but the host was one of your people and he was congratulating the team.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:Congratulations! It's weird, this seems to be a huge deal in Canada, but it's near impossible to find coverage of it down here. They did mention it on ESPN radio today, but the host was one of your people and he was congratulating the team.
Well after your team getting knocked out in the first round (for the second year in a row) and having such high expectations again, I don't figure they would broadcast any of the games since you weren't in them :lol:
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:
cwja wrote:Congratulations! It's weird, this seems to be a huge deal in Canada, but it's near impossible to find coverage of it down here. They did mention it on ESPN radio today, but the host was one of your people and he was congratulating the team.
Well after your team getting knocked out in the first round (for the second year in a row) and having such high expectations again, I don't figure they would broadcast any of the games since you weren't in them :lol:
No, I mean before the US was eliminated. Not just talking about broadcasts either, had to go to Canadian sites to read anything about it. I was curious what the deal was with the tournament.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
No, I mean before the US was eliminated. Not just talking about broadcasts either, had to go to Canadian sites to read anything about it. I was curious what the deal was with the tournament.
You guys have bigger sports in the US...just the way it is. Football and NASCAR and whatever else.... Try finding NASCAR fans up here in Canada. There are few and far between. I am one of them, so I would know..haha Football makes it's way up here for sure, but nothing like down in the south. This is just our game up here and always has been. My girlfriend doesn't watch sports, but a bunch of us all got together last night to watch the game and every person there, whether they watch hockey or not, had a blast and a ton of pride on the line.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

arewhyehen wrote:
cwja wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
You guys have bigger sports in the US...just the way it is. Football and NASCAR and whatever else.... Try finding NASCAR fans up here in Canada. There are few and far between. I am one of them, so I would know..haha Football makes it's way up here for sure, but nothing like down in the south. This is just our game up here and always has been. My girlfriend doesn't watch sports, but a bunch of us all got together last night to watch the game and every person there, whether they watch hockey or not, had a blast and a ton of pride on the line.
It was just weird to me that it was so hard to find info on it down here. They'll even post stories about the CFL championship, and I don't think even Canadians care about that. Hockey is probably right around NASCAR popularity here, but it's still easy to find the NHL. Olympic hockey gets covered here as well. There probably is a lot to the US not normally doing well in this tournament. We tend to ignore stuff we're not good at, see soccer.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

The World Junior Hockey tournament is a holiday classic in Canada, we're crazy for it. Definitely my favorite yearly international hockey tournament by a country mile.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

7th_son wrote:The World Junior Hockey tournament is a holiday classic in Canada, we're crazy for it. Definitely my favorite yearly international hockey tournament by a country mile.
Me too..I've got my team canada hockey jersey that I love getting out this time of year for the world juniors. Every 4 years I get lucky and get to again for the Olympics haha

Oh and beer...gotta drink beer during all the games.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Winter is here...

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Wow
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

That's downtown Toronto! You should see what it looks like out in the boonies!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:That's downtown Toronto! You should see what it looks like out in the boonies!
Hahaha no, it's out west in the boonies
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

arewhyehen wrote:
pj101ca wrote:That's downtown Toronto! You should see what it looks like out in the boonies!

shhh, don't ruin it for all the americans who think we live in igloos and ride dog-sleds to work.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

shhh, don't ruin it for all the americans who think we live in igloos and ride dog-sleds to work.
Yeah, this morning I had a family of beavers deliver my daily supply of poutine and maple syrup to my igloo. I paid them with a 20 pack of timbits and a medium double double to keep them warm.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/a ... day/43251/

It's insane that yesterday it was colder in Canada than it was on Mars. Bundle up!