The Offical "Kevron Ripped Me Off Thead"

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: The Offical "Kevron Ripped Me Off Thead"

Post by elduderino »

PugFaceRex wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 pm Does anyone know why this happened? I still wonder
Kev liked the money and didn't like giving up the swag that folks gave him the money for.
he is everything i hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

elduderino wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:42 pm
PugFaceRex wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 pm Does anyone know why this happened? I still wonder
Kev liked the money and didn't like giving up the swag that folks gave him the money for.
Nah. Kev was legit for a long time. Serious health issues with a loved one threatened family and sent everything else in his life into disarray. I'd always hoped he'd get to a place to make things right.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

In the corner of my pantry I have a few random shot glasses from interesting places, events, etc. I saw my TMR OG shot glass from the SXSW pop up. One of the few things that I did actually receive from Kevron… Give me a good laugh to remember the fallout that shortly ensued. At least I can say that shot glass is worth more than a bottle of Macallan 20 but feel less guilty when using it haha.
I was pretty pissed about it for a while, but now find it slightly amusing how I put blind trust in someone with quite a bit of money all in the name of vinyl. I guess for me and others it was the closest to a Nigerian prince type scenario. We live and learn y’all.

No hard feelings Kev, if you’re out there. Shit goes sideways sometimes.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

jamesmonzon1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:41 am In the corner of my pantry I have a few random shot glasses from interesting places, events, etc. I saw my TMR OG shot glass from the SXSW pop up. One of the few things that I did actually receive from Kevron… Give me a good laugh to remember the fallout that shortly ensued. At least I can say that shot glass is worth more than a bottle of Macallan 20 but feel less guilty when using it haha.
I was pretty pissed about it for a while, but now find it slightly amusing how I put blind trust in someone with quite a bit of money all in the name of vinyl. I guess for me and others it was the closest to a Nigerian prince type scenario. We live and learn y’all.

No hard feelings Kev, if you’re out there. Shit goes sideways sometimes.
It seems like you don't have a choice to feel the way you do... That stinks.

DOOM
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Holy shit.
It just hit me after all these years that 'thread' is misspelled in the title.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Hamptonio wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:30 pm Holy shit.
It just hit me after all these years that 'thread' is misspelled in the title.
Lol, I’d never noticed either
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

And so is “Official”
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

runofthemill wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:46 pm And so is “Official”
HOLY SHIT.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

:lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

So, what happened once Kev ripped everyone off? Did anyone on this forum know him personally? There had to have been return addresses on the stuff he sent out before the great con...