I hate flipper haters
No votes
I am a full-time flipper
No votes
I am a recreational flipper
9%
I don't give a rats ass
68%
I've been known to flip but assuage my guilt by bashing those who do it more often while repeatedly citing my love of music
7%

Total votes: 57

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: FLIPPERS!

Post by anonymousbrunette »

JWhiteIII wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:I am a hipster.
I am in the process of becoming one. Could I get some help?
I could be wrong, but I think it means that you wash your hair.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
JWhiteIII wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:I am a hipster.
I am in the process of becoming one. Could I get some help?
I could be wrong, but I think it means that you wash your hair.
Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. The greatest concentrations of hipsters can be found living in the Williamsburg, Wicker Park, and Mission District neighborhoods of major cosmopolitan centers such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco respectively. Although "hipsterism" is really a state of mind,it is also often intertwined with distinct fashion sensibilities. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses. Both hipster men and women sport similar androgynous hair styles that include combinations of messy shag cuts and asymmetric side-swept bangs. Such styles are often associated with the work of creative stylists at urban salons, and are usually too "edgy" for the culturally-sheltered mainstream consumer. The "effortless cool" urban bohemian look of a hipster is exemplified in Urban Outfitters and American Apparel ads which cater towards the hipster demographic. Despite misconceptions based on their aesthetic tastes, hipsters tend to be well educated and often have liberal arts degrees, or degrees in maths and sciences, which also require certain creative analytical thinking abilities.
-urban dictionary
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

dont ever associate the classic H.A. S.F. hipsters with those emaciated coke binged American Apparel sluts too busy gobbling down Terry Richardsons cock to take a good photo, that is a farce.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

In Portland Hipsters drink Pabst, have beards, wear old plaid shirts and talk too much at concerts. I call them Hipster Dufuses. Around here, not doing what everybody else is doing, is what everyone is doing.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

stoutr wrote:In Portland Hipsters drink Pabst, have beards, wear old plaid shirts and talk too much at concerts. I call them Hipster Dufuses. Around here, not doing what everybody else is doing, is what everyone is doing.
Sounds like hipsters I know in Atlanta and Nashville. I'm pretty sure they all have bears, wear plaid and drink Pabst. It's like their moral code they live by.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Don't be misled by the "serious" look of this. It's actually pretty entertaining!

http://nplusonemag.com/pamphlet-3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

stoutr wrote:In Portland Hipsters drink Pabst, have beards, wear old plaid shirts and talk too much at concerts. I call them Hipster Dufuses. Around here, not doing what everybody else is doing, is what everyone is doing.
hipster dufus - you stole that from seinfeld.
he is everything i hate...
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Oh, and as far as flipping is concerned: I live in the swamps of Jersey, so giving $160 to the vacuum cleaner dealer for a Van Lear Blue LP is a heck of a lot cheaper than flying my ass to Nashville. I don't think it's fair the flipper is buying items if people behind him are losing out; but one could argue it isn't fair for the thousands of TMR fans all over the world who don't have access to these special items simply because they don't live in Nashville.

I do want to say I'm not a "I must have EVERYTHING" collector. (Nor do I buy doubles of things for future/potential trades.) But there are some items (such as Loretta's amazing album on glorious blue) that I really wanted to have but can't make it to that line in front of the store.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

woodisgood wrote:...but one could argue it isn't fair for the thousands of TMR fans all over the world who don't have access to these special items simply because they don't live in Nashville.
oh, go tell it to jack...
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

elduderino wrote:
Duuhhhh.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

I buy things from people that have been to TMR in Nashville or who went to SXSW etc. etc. for inflated prices because a) It's cheaper than travelling to these places and b) I'm an eco-warrior and am doing my bit for he enviroment.
I've also bought things for inflated prices that were released before I was born because the flux capacitor on my DeLorean is broken.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
liverpool4life
Little Cream Soda

Post by liverpool4life »

Alabama Woody wrote:My name is Woody and I am a flipper.

Better a flipper than a hipster.
I am a flipper hipster. --> 8-)

Some of these releases have helped me pay tuition for school so for that I am thankful. When I get out of school and hopefully have a greater income, I will probably go to eBay and try to buy back much of what I have sold.

"may the circle be unbroken"
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

makers888 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
Duuhhhh.
Need a tissue for that drool?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

bumping for the pic of me and my shirt on page 3!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

:D :D :D
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”