I hate flipper haters
No votes
I am a full-time flipper
No votes
I am a recreational flipper
9%
I don't give a rats ass
68%
I've been known to flip but assuage my guilt by bashing those who do it more often while repeatedly citing my love of music
7%

Total votes: 57

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: FLIPPERS!

Post by Alabama Woody »

I remember when I first got on this forum and linked to some EBay auctions..........y'all said why not give the community the first shot at them. I have been doing that every since. Have sold 95% of my extras here. mostly to the same group of guys. I have a few guys I trade b & B's and a poster for a Tri. I felt like I quickly became part of the family. So just like a family, I guess we shall argue!

Me and my family love music and go to concerts monthly if not more often. We have more records,cd's and reel to reels Than I can count. My son plays the piano. Music is pretty much our life and of course football!

Woody
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

Woody I cant agree with you more we love goin down and seein shows and we have a lot of records and listen to them almost evry night cause its great stuff. as for the rest i guess your right every family argues about things and this site family cant be any different. and if it were only a perfect world every one would have a tri colour signed by jack. cause JACK is awesome. :)
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Man, the place is falling to shambles! But as far as this topic is concerned, I definitely side with what "achouza" has been saying on his posts both in this thread and the Ebay thread.

There's only one thing I want to ask and one thing I want to add to this subject. Question is this: are you a flipper? I dare anyone to say no. And if you can answer this question with a no, please reveal yourself. I know a good part of the community here on White Swirl and I have yet to know ANYONE who cannot be considered a flipper. But, maybe my definition is not in parallel with the rest.

And the thing I just want to add is this: what irritates me the most about this occasional surfacing subject is the fact that a lot of you deny the fact that you're a flipper. Face it, YOU ARE! I love the family, friend, and stranger bullshit that gets wrapped into this continuously. Among my nearest and dearest on here are the honest. Say all you want on the forum by typing on your keyboard. But deep down you know exactly what was intended with your purchases. Whether you did a good deed once or maybe even twice, you've flipped once which makes you a flipper. Right? I'll be honest, I'm a flipper. I have purchased before and resold at a market price.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Quite true. Everyone in here can be called a flipper. If you didn't sell it for the $6 or $19 you bought it for, your flipping. Just by selling it here peeps think they aren't flippers. "I sell and trade on White Swirl, so I'm not a flipper." I use to think the same way. Regardless of where you sold it, it still went for a lot more than what you paid for. Last week I sold a spare Colbert tri on eBay to pay for my expenses while at Lollapalooza. Yeah it was flipping, but it was well worth it. :D
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I've never sold anything for more than I bought it for. :? Am I really the only one? (I'm not super-virtuous or something, I'm just looking to break even.)
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Ha ha! Maker's got it. Had to think about this question. I'd never bought duplicates of anything but have bought several extra vault packages intending on trading/selling up in the future. Guess I'm a flipper. (Hmm, guess I'll have to change my vote...)

If you have bought more than one item and not intended on selling it for cost, then you are a flipper regardless of how much your family loves music. Seems the people who are the most vociferous are just as guilty as those they despise.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
anonymousbrunette
Little People

New option added. Don't be shy.

Egads. Adding a new option resets the count. My bad.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Alright, new option works better for me. :)
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Aquamarine wrote:I've never sold anything for more than I bought it for. :? Am I really the only one? (I'm not super-virtuous or something, I'm just looking to break even.)
I too have not flipped anything. I have only traded twice and bought the rest of the time. I think the main reason I have not flipped anything though is because no one gives a shit about what I have.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I don't really give a shit anymore. My definition is someone that buys something and immediately puts it up on fee bay for 300 dollar BIN price. Like DB Pooper. They set the price, out of towners pay it later.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

I'm amused when people treat this forum as a means to get stuff on the cheap or think the Swirl is an alternative to fee-bay. These are extremes that the majority of people here don't subscribe to. Of course its a lot easier to not give a shit when you don't "have" to have things. I can get pretty much anything I want on black vinyl so the fact that people with compromised ethics sell to those incapacitated by their obsessiveness doesn't much bother me.

Now concert tickets are another issue entirely.
Last edited by anonymousbrunette on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My ISO/FS/FT List
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I am obsessed with that. I don't give a shit because it's fact of life now. I can't stop what I can't control. So I save up. I've dropped Ebay Prices since the day TMR opened. That's why I cringe when Nashvillians play their 10 dollar tri colors "its so fun to play LOL HURR DERP DERP DERP."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i've never flipped a thing.
he is everything i hate...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

My name is Woody and I am a flipper.

Better a flipper than a hipster.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Alabama Woody wrote:Better a flipper than a hipster.
+1
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.