Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by Hamptonio »

arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
that's the beauty of third man at sxsw. hardly anyone lines up in advance because 1) there's an insane amount of stuff to do during sxsw, 2) TMR rarely announces what exclusives they're selling until that day, thus avoiding the hype machine, or 3) people are too hungover from the previous night's sxsw festivities.
last year was beautiful. barely any line, plenty of exclusives to go around, live music, free beer, gourmet hot dogs and good laughs. aces.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hamptonio wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:When people start assuming things a month before third man makes an announcement and of course, they assume the worse and send everyone into a whirlwind shitstorm and everyone stresses out. Then of course everyone panics and does obsessive things and offer up their babies for records. (See facebook groups). This is why we have people lining up days before events and why collecting has become less and less fun over the years. I don't see it getting any better soon..
that's the beauty of third man at sxsw. hardly anyone lines up in advance because 1) there's an insane amount of stuff to do during sxsw, 2) TMR rarely announces what exclusives they're selling until that day, thus avoiding the hype machine, or 3) people are too hungover from the previous night's sxsw festivities.
last year was beautiful. barely any line, plenty of exclusives to go around, live music, free beer, gourmet hot dogs and good laughs. aces.
I wanna hear the story again about how you climbed fences to chase down the RRS at SXSW.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Kali Durga wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
I wanna hear the story again about how you climbed fences to chase down the RRS at SXSW.
haha pwned. that was the year that changed how i looked at it all.
i ran for what seemed like 4 miles to get that jack tri, only to find out that later on that evening, they were selling multiples to people downtown, and they didn't run out...like ever.
i was like 'yup, i ain't jumping no more damn fences for vinyl.'

luckily, most people all feel the same as me. it gets more and more relaxed with every year.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Haha, I wasn't trying to pwn you! I really wanted to hear the story again, it was great :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Internet garbage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Internet garbage.
and that is why I avoid instagram fan pages. :sick:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Being a Jack White fan is a bit of a minefield these days.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Hamptonio wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
haha pwned. that was the year that changed how i looked at it all.
i ran for what seemed like 4 miles to get that jack tri, only to find out that later on that evening, they were selling multiples to people downtown, and they didn't run out...like ever.
i was like 'yup, i ain't jumping no more damn fences for vinyl.'

luckily, most people all feel the same as me. it gets more and more relaxed with every year.
Hahaha, that is great!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"could of"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The fact that the office shredding machine is right outside my door.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:The fact that the office shredding machine is right outside my door.
Hahaha...this reminds me. At my old place of work, all the architects worked in a large studio and we had a shredder in there. One day I was feeling like being a pest and we got a shipment of stuff in with about 30 feet of crumpled craft paper all in one piece (like what posters are rolled in) and so I unwrapped it all and put it in the shredder and it took about 3-4 minutes to feed the whole thing through....it was pretty awesome.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I probably would have strangled you if I'd been there that day. Or at least wanted to strangle you.

My supervisor is especially bad about overloading it with thick stacks of paper so the thing sounds like it's choking and going to hurl them back out before exploding.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ I probably would have strangled you if I'd been there that day. Or at least wanted to strangle you.

My supervisor is especially bad about overloading it with thick stacks of paper so the thing sounds like it's choking and going to hurl them back out before exploding.
Hahaha, yeah...my favourite is putting in CDs or credit cards...the noises that thing makes are violent..
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

Based on Facebook groups, I should probably cancel my RSD trip to Nashville since I can't arrive a week ahead of time to camp out in front of TMR. All the talk has me stressed a month ahead of time! Oh well, at least there's a lot to do in Nashville, because when I do arrive on Friday, it sounds like the line in front of TMR will stretch halway to Memphis. :)
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Yes a line ....for what exactly? Evidently it doesn't matter.....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net