Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by ms8shaw »

True story:

I am in class on Thursday of last week and this dumb shit two rows over is listening while I talk to the woman in front of me at break. We are talking about music and she is about 15 years older than me. She is saying how "classic" rock was not really classic back then. I said true, but some people were always ahead of their time. Like David Bowie, right?

Right then, the dumb shit two rows over says, "Who's David Bowie?"

Are you f**king kidding me?! Seriously? What is wrong with you? Are all the sort of remarks I say in retort to this.

She has no clue still and proceeds to tell me that she doesn't know who he is because she listens to good music.

ARG?!!!!!! Reason why I hate this, other than the obvious, she admitted she has never heard his music but yet still proceeds to knock it and call it bad by claiming that since it is not in her collection of "good music", it must suck.

I hate people who claim to hate something or dislike when they in fact have never even tried it.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
erba
Little Bird

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by erba »

I pretty much don't like people.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

erba wrote:I pretty much don't like people.
2nd :!:
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

erba wrote:I pretty much don't like people.
My husband lives by this mentality. I think sometimes it is valid but I generally like people that aren't dumb asses. :)
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
mittensonfire
Little Bird

Post by mittensonfire »

So who is David Bowie anyway?
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

mittensonfire wrote:So who is David Bowie anyway?
That ch-ch-ch-changes all the time
KaseyLS
Little Bird

Post by KaseyLS »

Ziggy Stardust
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

I know you are fucking with me.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

Highway robbery on ebay. I hate that.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I hate all the retards that are at every convenience store in my town buying scratch off lottery tickets. I see the same people all around town buying tickets. If you happen to get in line behind one of these retards be prepared to waste 10 minutes of your life because they have to choose their ticket based on the number on the back of the ticket and ask the sales clerk which lottery tickets have been cashed in lately. I am serious these people act as if there is some type of skill involved. You would think they are some type of statistical genius the way they ponder their selection. If they were that good at picking winners, odds are they would go get their teeth fixed and change the spare tire they have been driving on for the last 6 months to the go buy their tickets. Seriously fuck you scratch off lottery tickets and the retards that play it religously.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Okay once last thing for the day, but I have to admit this thread is pretty therapeutic and I feel much better getting this off my chest.

Two things I really hate is the people that request you send an automatic response saying that you opened their e-mail. Is it really that important? Is it a fucking certified letter or a subponea? If you are guilty of this please stop, don't you get enough shitty stupid e-mails to clog up your inbox daily? Do you really need sometype of verification that I read your e-mail adding to the other worthless e-mails you receive daily. This takes me to part two of things I hate. My father-in-law, mother and various other people love to send me these e-mails that I am obligated to forward on to seven other people in order to have good luck, get into heaven or whatever other retarded thing that these actions will supposedly bring me. Possibly worse are the ones that have pictures of kittens, puppies and other things that are supposed to be cute but because I have received so many of these e-mails I actually find them nauseating. The ones with music are the worse. Please world stop sending me these retarded e-mails and asking for me to send you a response everytime I open one of your e-mails.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Oh man, I get those emails too. The other kind are the ones that contain a 20 megabite powerpoint file of super cliche nature scenes and god message at the end. Lovely.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I remember 8-10 years ago when EVERYONE was forwarding e-mails. It was the cool thing to do in Junior high. Well. Now it's the cool thing for old people to do. My parents (both in their 60s) fucking LOVE to forward shit. my mom will sit at the computer for hours reading the fucking things.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Kaber wrote:Speaking of email. I do hate when companies have weird initiatives like 'no email day'. There are times when an email has to be sent for example when the other dude is in a meeting, travelling .... At other times folks expect an instant response as if your chained to your desk and do nothing but email all day. I get hundreds of work emails every day, somehow folks seems to think they have to cc me in on every little bit going on to 'keep me in the loop'.

I get the same thing at work seems like everyone in my department wants to cc me on their e-mails.

On a side note we had an employee report to work the other day and I had the unfortunate luck of seeing him in the supervisors office. He was drenched in sweat and wanted to know if he could use some sick time. He then proceeded to tell us that he had stomach problems and then the smell started to seep from him. Turns out he shit his pants, when he turned around it was all over his pants, he told us that he had to take off his underwear and he left it in the stall because there were other folks in the bathroom. We had to call the janitorial service to clean up this explosion of shit this guy sprayed all over the stall and he also had to retrieve his underwear. I know shit happens (no pun intended), but this guy has an hour drive to work. I think I would of pulled over somewhere along the way and called into work if I shit myself.