Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: Things you hate, pet peeves, etc...

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
Kaber wrote:Speaking of email. I do hate when companies have weird initiatives like 'no email day'. There are times when an email has to be sent for example when the other dude is in a meeting, travelling .... At other times folks expect an instant response as if your chained to your desk and do nothing but email all day. I get hundreds of work emails every day, somehow folks seems to think they have to cc me in on every little bit going on to 'keep me in the loop'.

I get the same thing at work seems like everyone in my department wants to cc me on their e-mails.

On a side note we had an employee report to work the other day and I had the unfortunate luck of seeing him in the supervisors office. He was drenched in sweat and wanted to know if he could use some sick time. He then proceeded to tell us that he had stomach problems and then the smell started to seep from him. Turns out he shit his pants, when he turned around it was all over his pants, he told us that he had to take off his underwear and he left it in the stall because there were other folks in the bathroom. We had to call the janitorial service to clean up this explosion of shit this guy sprayed all over the stall and he also had to retrieve his underwear. I know shit happens (no pun intended), but this guy has an hour drive to work. I think I would of pulled over somewhere along the way and called into work if I shit myself.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Kevin,

wasn't that you who told some other shit story over on EB a while back? Didn't it have something to do about shitting in kitty litter back when the power was out?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Yes one the brilliant people I work with confided in me that he shit in a litter box in his garage when we had the big icestorm that knocked the power out for a few weeks. I still do not understand the logic of dropping a deuce in the litter box. Why not go out in the woods? He lives on about 10 acres so it is not like he needed privacy or anything. I have never looked at him the same especially after asking him if the cat would still use the litterbox and he said yes I cleaned it out last night(note this was two weeks after his infamous shit in the litter box) so not only did the nasty bastard shit in a litter box. He also left it in his garage for two weeks before he decided to clean it out. His wife also works for our company and she told me she walked out in the garage saw him doing it and it was one if the lowest points in her life.(that is verbatim what she said).
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Two things that bug the crap out of me on message boards are....

-ending every post you make with your name or initials. You have an avatar and a username that designates who you are, so I don't need to see it in the body of every post.

-having over 33% of your post consist only of "lol". If something is funny enough to warrant laughing at, either respond with a comment worth reading, or don't waste my time.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:Two things that bug the crap out of me on message boards are....

-ending every post you make with your name or initials. You have an avatar and a username that designates who you are, so I don't need to see it in the body of every post.

-having over 33% of your post consist only of "lol". If something is funny enough to warrant laughing at, either respond with a comment worth reading, or don't waste my time.
LOL!

:KS
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
3quid wrote:Two things that bug the crap out of me on message boards are....

LOL!

:KS
I could have guessed you would respond with that.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I love you Matt not in a gay way or anything though.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Settled into bed after an amazing day on the river, to be riled by this:

"AT 1103 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING PENNY SIZE HAIL... AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OFF TILGHMAN ISLAND... AND MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH."

Ever tried shoring up a boat in 3+ foot waves? We were looking at the stars an hour ago! Now we're soaked to the bone, huddled in towels, waiting this out and hoping that we don't find a surprise on the rocks in the morning. Grrrr.....
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

wow, how do you have internet access in that situation! :lol: Embrace it though, think huck finn and tom sawyer sailing down the mississippi! I hope you get dry soon though, that's no fun.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

:lol:

Boat trailered (violent storms moving thru daily.) Internet connection spotty...trying to cope...

:lol:
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

Another e-mail hate:
Morons who get a mass e-mail (e.g. to the whole Company or in my case, the entire University Faculty) asking for a response who then hit "reply to all" so we then get inundated with a bunch of e-mails from people we don't know who's opinions we don't care about, followed by a second wave of e-mails (also sent to all) instructing them not to reply to all. You would think a bunch of f***ing PhDs and MDs could figure this out.
Seriously hoping that the "Fall wave" of swine flu will thin out the ranks of dumbasses a bit...
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

people who think they are cool when they take pictures of themselves while showing off their "gangsta pose."

Kevin, I swear if you post a picture of yourself doing some shit like this, I will drive to Redneckville, KY and kick your ass.
http://nextround.net/2008/12/16/16-gang ... een-taken/
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

3quid wrote:people who think they are cool when they take pictures of themselves while showing off their "gangsta pose."

Kevin, I swear if you post a picture of yourself doing some shit like this, I will drive to Redneckville, KY and kick your ass.
But what you fail to understand is that Kevin really IS gangsta and would bust a cap in your ass if you tried that.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I've met Kevin. He is not gangsta.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:people who think they are cool when they take pictures of themselves while showing off their "gangsta pose."

http://nextround.net/2008/12/16/16-gang ... een-taken/

I am way more geek than gangsta but I totally agree with your pet peeve.