Best Sandwich Ever

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Best Sandwich Ever

Post by runofthemill »

kevron6 wrote:
runofthemill wrote:How did I miss this beautiful, brilliant, luxurious cuisine? Lunchtime tomorrow cannot come fast enough!
Dude you are from Kentucky how could you miss it?
I live in Bourbon country. I think that is self-explanatory.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I just had to have one of these things after seeing this. If there are two things that I like to eat, they are chicken, bacon, and cheese... make that three things that I like to eat. The idea behind this is great. The execution is lacking a bit. My main beef with this is that it is messy/difficult to eat. I ended up eating more cheese off of the wrapping paper than I did off the sandwich. It hard to keep the two chicken strips together without them sliding all over the place since there is mayo (or something like that) between them along with the cheese and bacon. In my opinion, it's not worth $5, but it's worth a try if you like chicken.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

The Baconator may have just been outdone. I have to find out if this beast is legal here yet.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

7th_son wrote:The Baconator may have just been outdone. I have to find out if this beast is legal here yet.
buy a poster from me and I'll slip one down the center of the tube for you and smuggle it across the border.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:I just had to have one of these things after seeing this. If there are two things that I like to eat, they are chicken, bacon, and cheese... make that three things that I like to eat. The idea behind this is great. The execution is lacking a bit. My main beef with this is that it is messy/difficult to eat. I ended up eating more cheese off of the wrapping paper than I did off the sandwich. It hard to keep the two chicken strips together without them sliding all over the place since there is mayo (or something like that) between them along with the cheese and bacon. In my opinion, it's not worth $5, but it's worth a try if you like chicken.
I agree with eveything you just wrote. Really nice review of the Double Down. When I have one for lunch and dinner tomorrow I am going to tell them easy on the sauce.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:
3quid wrote:I just had to have one of these things after seeing this. If there are two things that I like to eat, they are chicken, bacon, and cheese... make that three things that I like to eat. The idea behind this is great. The execution is lacking a bit. My main beef with this is that it is messy/difficult to eat. I ended up eating more cheese off of the wrapping paper than I did off the sandwich. It hard to keep the two chicken strips together without them sliding all over the place since there is mayo (or something like that) between them along with the cheese and bacon. In my opinion, it's not worth $5, but it's worth a try if you like chicken.
I agree with eveything you just wrote. Really nice review of the Double Down. When I have one for lunch and dinner tomorrow I am going to tell them easy on the sauce.
They have a grilled version too if you did not notice.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

KFC is my favourite fast food - I can't wait til they try it down this way - a friend of mine and I had discussed making such "burgers" before, and I'm glad that someone has thought there is enough demand out there to make such a masterpiece
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

That is fucking disgusting.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:
kevron6 wrote:
They have a grilled version too if you did not notice.
I was so distracted with the fried goodness I did not even notice the grilled version. I cannot imagine the grilled being better than the traditional fried version though.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

too much cholesterol!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

trickster wrote:too much cholesterol!
okay just had another Double Down today this thing is delicious with a few scoops of butter added to the sandwich.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

kevron6 wrote:
okay just had another Double Down today this thing is delicious with a few scoops of butter added to the sandwich.
hahahaha
OK I have to ask.
What is made of?
Instead of bread its chicken? Cause I cant tell.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

kevron6 wrote:
If you take the thing whole thing, beer batter it, and fry it up, you'll think you died and went to heaven...of course, you might actually die and go to heaven/hell/the ground (your choice). ;)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

trickster wrote:
kevron6 wrote:
hahahaha
OK I have to ask.
What is made of?
Instead of bread its chicken? Cause I cant tell.
Yes the chicken is the bun. It is really just a brilliant concept.
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

This....sounds......

AMAZING!
St.Andrew on the Little Room