New Print Releases (the EB/OMG Posters corner)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Re: New Print Releases (the EB/OMGPosters corner)

Post by dagingerrocker »

candycaneboy03 wrote:worth reviving this thread...anyone ever know any info as to how/around when mondo usually releases...first mondo i've ever really thought of going for...

Tomorrow, we will be releasing a new poster with Sideshow Collectibles for Disney-Pixar's TOY STORY. We'll also have tickets available tomorrow through the Alamo Drafthouse website for a special outdoor screening at Austin's Park and Pizza. The show is on May 31st and tickets will be available here.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster will be available online at a random time on Thursday, May 10th.
word is these are 24x36....

and there's a VARIANT TOO!!!
that is awesome how do i get one
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

its always random times, usually in the morning but has been in the afternoon a couple times lately. Just go to the store page and hit f5 until is pops up. It usually freezes so don't refresh after you add it to your cart (adding does not guarantee anything though). Don't wait for the tweet, they will be gone by the time you load up the page.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

dagingerrocker wrote:
candycaneboy03 wrote:worth reviving this thread...anyone ever know any info as to how/around when mondo usually releases...first mondo i've ever really thought of going for...

Tomorrow, we will be releasing a new poster with Sideshow Collectibles for Disney-Pixar's TOY STORY. We'll also have tickets available tomorrow through the Alamo Drafthouse website for a special outdoor screening at Austin's Park and Pizza. The show is on May 31st and tickets will be available here.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster will be available online at a random time on Thursday, May 10th.

Jesus!

okay no but really, say all your prayers tonight. Skip school tomorrow, empty out your bowels and all that stuff, down an energy drink... wake up early and get that F5 finger ready to strike for hours on end..... you think ticket sales are a bitch..you aint seen nuthing yet!

make sure to go over to EB and express frustrations and suicidal thoughts due to not being able to grab a print because of dozens of "White screen" errors or paypal lag..and don't forget to post in the release thread and ask people to sell you their spare..... ;)

that being said, do mondo's servers have the power to deal with these onsales? well.....i reckon they must be decent enough....after dealing with obey drops....yeah, mondo should be smooth yet?
Last edited by candycaneboy03 on Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Am I the only one wishing that Whalen wasn't doing every Disney print?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

Stl_ben wrote:Am I the only one wishing that Whalen wasn't doing every Disney print?
he's heading ALL of them?! someone mentioned how they'd like to see a DD toy story print....i honestly can't imagine what would even look like.

yeah, whalen for all of them is a bit of an overkill maybe....but as long as they look good though...meh.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Anybody else notice the blocks spell MONDO?
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

bh1644 wrote:

yeah, someone actually pointed that out on EB earlier...i'll be honest, i've been trying to ignore it since. It actually brings the whole print down a tiny notch for me.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

bh1644 wrote:

I do now.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

candycaneboy03 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:

make sure to go over to EB and express frustrations and suicidal thoughts due to not being able to grab a print because of dozens of "White screen" errors or paypal lag..and don't forget to post in the release thread and ask people to sell you their spare..... ;)
Can anyone tell me why no-one seems interested in band prints any more and it is all about movie posters? People on EBeans seem to be scrambling for every new movie print, no matter how ugly (IMO I think this one is hideous, although the variant is a bit better) and flipping them for huge prices while the bottom has completely dropped out of the music print market. I really don't see the attraction myself. Maybe it is to appease irritated spouses who prefer a Toy Story print on the wall to RJ's awesome new drowning horse JW poster?
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i've managed to snag a few of the bigger mondo drops lately, and i'd definitely support the anti-twitter method.
if you wait till you see the tweet, it's too late. f5 all the way, or just click the poster tab over and over.
NO big programs running while you're doing it. some say that doesn't make a difference, but don't take any chances.
10am-11am CST is normally the hot spot drop hour. have your credit card copied so you can just paste it in.

oh, and avoid the mondo facebook page afterwards. hundreds (no hyperbole here) upon hundreds of comments just bitching and moaning that mondo's site sucks.
bitter, self-entitled wackos, man. avoid at all costs.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

F-that Mondo crap...did anyone else see the news of a Breaking Bad set of prints (Currated by Jensen @ Gallery 1988 the guy that set up all the Lost prints!!). Here is the preview of the first one...drool.....
danielbig.jpg
http://thisaintchemistrythisisart.com/bg/page/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Stl_ben wrote:F-that Mondo crap...did anyone else see the news of a Breaking Bad set of prints (Currated by Jensen @ Gallery 1988 the guy that set up all the Lost prints!!). Here is the preview of the first one...drool.....
danielbig.jpg
http://thisaintchemistrythisisart.com/bg/page/
go-geous!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Wow those lasted about 15 seconds!
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

bh1644 wrote:Wow those lasted about 15 seconds!
that's what she said....

funny thing is, i checked out, and they were still for sale..i would've grabbed a second if it wasn't for the 1per limit...

first mondo release and a darn smooth one it was....happy birthday to ME! the only blurays i own (without even having a bluray player) are the toy story films.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

candycaneboy03 wrote:
bh1644 wrote:Wow those lasted about 15 seconds!
that's what she said....

funny thing is, i checked out, and they were still for sale..i would've grabbed a second if it wasn't for the 1per limit...

first mondo release and a darn smooth one it was....happy birthday to ME! the only blurays i own (without even having a bluray player) are the toy story films.
Congrats on one...but yeah a second one wouldn't have happened....