New Print Releases (the EB/OMG Posters corner)

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
hawke000

Re: New Print Releases (the EB/OMGPosters corner)

Post by hawke000 »

7th_son wrote:Couple of nice Dangers just went up:

http://store.tinymediaempire.com/

Image Image
I am so happy to have bought these, they are gorgeous. The best ones yet in my opinion
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

hawke000 wrote:

Image Image
I am so happy to have bought these, they are gorgeous. The best ones yet in my opinion
Nice pickups Daniel, I snagged a set as well.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

7th_son wrote:
hawke000 wrote:

Image Image
Today is an awesome day, I've been waiting for these to go up for a while. The paintings for for like 1200 dollars in the gallery. Ugh I may end up tracking them down one day...

one day...
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

I dig some prints, and have a few, so please don't take offense to this question-BUT,

does no-one buy original art anymore?

I have giclee's ,prints, O.G. painting's, just curious as to what attracts other people to having/owning prints? is it the image? content? limited # of?- on both ends i.e.prints=multiples, original paintings=one,Availability to own? Was at that particular show/concert? Completest? WHAT????

Just trying to get a grip on this, and understand, expand my horizons, find something new to flip/trade/sail, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

BluefordT wrote:I dig some prints, and have a few, so please don't take offense to this question-BUT,

I have giclee's ,prints, O.G. painting's, just curious as to what attracts other people to having/owning prints? is it the image? content? limited # of?- on both ends i.e.prints=multiples, original paintings=one,Availability to own? Was at that particular show/concert? Completest? WHAT????

Just trying to get a grip on this, and understand, expand my horizons, find something new to flip/trade/sail, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
I think it's expensive to most as opposed to around 75 dollars at a time. I think now a days art is considered an investment you can hang on your wall. To me anyway screen printing is a cheaper way to achieve the same result, except instead of investment it's pure creative joy. The painting I was talking about speaks to me a lot and to have it's original hand painted, blood sweat and tears original in front of me amplifies the experience times a million.
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

BluefordT wrote:I dig some prints, and have a few, so please don't take offense to this question-BUT,

It's a younger generation thing you wouldn't understand old man.....Boof....What is Art? What are Paintings? Is that like a wet poster?
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Maldoror17 wrote:

It's a younger generation thing you wouldn't understand old man.....Boof....What is Art? What are Paintings? Is that like a wet poster?
"What is Art? What are paintings? Is that like a wet poster?"

See this is why the younger generations get such a bad rap.

----art/ärt/
Noun:The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"

-----paintings-plural of paint·ing (Noun)
Noun:The process or art of using paint, either in a picture or as decoration.
A painted picture: "an oil painting".

-----re·pro·duc·tion/ˌrēprəˈdəkSHən/
Noun:The action or process of making a copy of something.

I silk screened for many a year. Have printed a shit ton of posters,t-shirts,signs,ep/lp covers,cd covers etc. but never loved them like I did the originals.

Lolz maybe it is an age thing. Like the younger age/s just don't get what "original" means anymore-as long as they HAVE it.

I guess its just a reproduce-able age we live in, hence "re-mixes","re-issues", seems like there are no more original ideas, maybe that's why us older folks bitch an moan at every re-release,movie re-make etc. etc.

cant time just move on? cause i am CHEErS!

3 pint lunch ramble over, enhoy!.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

BluefordT wrote:
Maldoror17 wrote:

"What is Art? What are paintings? Is that like a wet poster?"

See this is why the younger generations get such a bad rap.

----art/ärt/
Noun:The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"

-----paintings-plural of paint·ing (Noun)
Noun:The process or art of using paint, either in a picture or as decoration.
A painted picture: "an oil painting".

-----re·pro·duc·tion/ˌrēprəˈdəkSHən/
Noun:The action or process of making a copy of something.

I silk screened for many a year. Have printed a shit ton of posters,t-shirts,signs,ep/lp covers,cd covers etc. but never loved them like I did the originals.

Lolz maybe it is an age thing. Like the younger age/s just don't get what "original" means anymore-as long as they HAVE it.

I guess its just a reproduce-able age we live in, hence "re-mixes","re-issues", seems like there are no more original ideas, maybe that's why us older folks bitch an moan at every re-release,movie re-make etc. etc.

cant time just move on? cause i am CHEErS!

3 pint lunch ramble over, enhoy!.
Great response I knew you would drop some old school knowledge on us.

I think the point you make is a great one the idea of "original" is dying. So many things these days are reproduced the entire movie industry is churning out movies from books, comics and remakes not much new and exciting and it takes gimmicks to make things desirable (3D).

But also re-issues give us the younger generation a chance to appreciate things we might never have experienced otherwise. When it comes to Vinyl reissues can be a good thing unless they are doing it just to make a buck and not adding anything to the release.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Interesting perspective. I think it boils down to availability and perhaps is supported by online communities. At a place like ExpressoBeans, the fact this art is incredible, limited, handmade, and available gives people a better opportunity to engage and discuss the art. Who would be discussing it if only one person could own it? It would be bought and disappear. The originals exist, but for good reason, cost 10-100x the price of a print. I would rather fill my place with images I love, than have one painting on one wall or two. That said, I would buy the original in a heartbeat if I thought laying down 2 or 3 grand for one would increase my quality of life.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

hawke000 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
hawke000 wrote:

Image Image
Today is an awesome day, I've been waiting for these to go up for a while. The paintings for for like 1200 dollars in the gallery. Ugh I may end up tracking them down one day...

one day...
I was at this gallery show. The paintings were $4,000. I didn't quite have that much, but I spent a fair amount on one of his hand tinted screen prints.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

3quid wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
7th_son wrote:
hawke000 wrote:

Image Image

one day...
I was at this gallery show. The paintings were $4,000. I didn't quite have that much, but I spent a fair amount on one of his hand tinted screen prints.
dreams crushed, thanks for bringing me back to reality.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/991 ... .keys.html

the black keys - 6 color screen print - 18" X 24" - march 2012

$40 + $8 shipping ($12 if outside u.s.)

**maximum of 1 print per order**
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

Black keys is sold out.... I REALLY suck at being on the ball with print releases.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=448 ... ook_032712
Sideshow edition of the Mondo print

$79.99

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

worth reviving this thread...anyone ever know any info as to how/around when mondo usually releases...first mondo i've ever really thought of going for...

Tomorrow, we will be releasing a new poster with Sideshow Collectibles for Disney-Pixar's TOY STORY. We'll also have tickets available tomorrow through the Alamo Drafthouse website for a special outdoor screening at Austin's Park and Pizza. The show is on May 31st and tickets will be available here.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster will be available online at a random time on Thursday, May 10th.
word is these are 24x36....

and there's a VARIANT TOO!!!
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"