The Wu – Once Upon A Time In Shaolin

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
dylnfan
Little Ghost

The Wu – Once Upon A Time In Shaolin

Post by dylnfan »

Anyone else following this story? Personally, I think it's a fascinating commentary on the value of music and how we experience art.

http://scluzay.com
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rival
Little Ghost

Re: The Wu – Once Upon A Time In Shaolin

Post by rival »

Yeah, I was curious to see how this would play out as far as who would buy it, what they would do with it afterwards but as a whole, I'm really disappointed that these guys would take six years to craft a 31-track album and only let one person own it and a handful hear it at galleries. I know if I was one of those many contributing artists and learned that my work was only going to go to the highest bidder, I'm not sure I'd offer my services again.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Quexzea
Little Bird

Re: The Wu – Once Upon A Time In Shaolin

Post by Quexzea »

I reached out to Paddle 8, which is a fine art auction house. I did this soon after the news broke. Here is what they said when I asked the price

"The sale process for "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" is not an auction, but rather a private sale. This means the work does not go to the highest offer—as it would in an auction process—but rather the highest offer that is also approved by the Wu-Tang Clan.

Best regards,

Gabriel"

So, not only would you have to $$, you also must be an approved owner. I wonder if they would take less from a person they liked. I do agree this is an interesting project as rival stated. However, I would hope that there is some sort of pay off for the fans in the end, so we can all hear the music.