I Like To Flash People: Digital Photography

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: I Like To Flash People: Digital Photography

Post by arewhyehen »

Nice stuff here guys!! I am wanting to get my camera back out even more now!!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Definitely having fun with the new camera. It's got a couple of trendy settings, like that tilt/swirl miniaturized effect and "toy camera". Nifty stuff to play with.

Good color saturation, too--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

^^Gorgeous.
billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Post by billstickers33 »

is everything set to auto or are you actually making decisions while shooting
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

billstickers33 wrote:is everything set to auto or are you actually making decisions while shooting
If you're asking me, the answer is the latter. I wore out two batteries today from changing the settings so much.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Post by billstickers33 »

Kali Durga wrote:
billstickers33 wrote:is everything set to auto or are you actually making decisions while shooting
If you're asking me, the answer is the latter. I wore out two batteries today from changing the settings so much.
by settings do you mean aperture, because that doesn't drain batteries.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

No, by settings I mean effects such as white balance, color, miniature, toy camera, etc. If you specifically meant things like aperture and shutter speed, I do leave those on auto. So I'm making decisions, but apparently not the sort that you had in mind.
billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Post by billstickers33 »

Kali Durga wrote:No, by settings I mean effects such as white balance, color, miniature, toy camera, etc. If you specifically meant things like aperture and shutter speed, I do leave those on auto. So I'm making decisions, but apparently not the sort that you had in mind.

yeah, the instagram filters aren't photography, sorry, don't use those anymore and try your hand at actual photogtaphy (shutter, aperature, film speed etc) and you'll find yourself believing it when you tell people.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Whatever. It's fun so I'll use them when I feel like it.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

billstickers33 wrote: yeah, the instagram filters aren't photography, sorry, don't use those anymore and try your hand at actual photogtaphy (shutter, aperature, film speed etc) and you'll find yourself believing it when you tell people.
Awwww "actual photography". How cute. Just because people don't use advanced settings and opt to go with "instagram filters" doesn't mean it's not photography.

Some people (myself included) just want to have fun while taking photos.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Especially when "some people" only use effect settings occasionally. The last batch of photos I posted had no effects turned on.

I hadn't noticed, does Donald have any photos posted in this thread? Or is all of his "actual photography" over in the non-digital thread?
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

Feel free to check out the EXIF data Billstickers :P

Untitled by JDS_Photography, on Flickr

Michelle - 009/100 (Explored) by JDS_Photography, on Flickr

Last edited by Scarlet Siren on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scarlet Siren
Little Cream Soda

Post by Scarlet Siren »

billstickers33
Little Cream Soda

Post by billstickers33 »

Tonic&Gin wrote:
billstickers33 wrote: yeah, the instagram filters aren't photography, sorry, don't use those anymore and try your hand at actual photogtaphy (shutter, aperature, film speed etc) and you'll find yourself believing it when you tell people.
Awwww "actual photography". How cute. Just because people don't use advanced settings and opt to go with "instagram filters" doesn't mean it's not photography.

They aren't advanced settings... they are actual settings... lowering photography standards for people who claim they are photographers is a pisser. You being an awesome cool trendy "artist" should know better than to lower yours with a tosser comment like that.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

billstickers33 wrote:
Tonic&Gin wrote:

They aren't advanced settings... they are actual settings... lowering photography standards for people who claim they are photographers is a pisser. You being an awesome cool trendy "artist" should know better than to lower yours with a tosser comment like that.
And what are even photography standards and who do they apply to? I don't see many people claiming to be photographers in this thread. Heck, even I don't! KD is a hobbyist and as such I don't believe she has to comply to any "standards".