Third Man Upholstery

Your Turntable's Not Dead
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Third Man Upholstery

Post by fondfarewell »

Lookee what was made a Tennessee company a month ago: https://tnbear.tn.gov/ECommerce/FilingD ... 1221111234

Has this been picked up elsewhere in any way? Seems like an interesting development if not.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Third Man Upholstery

Post by shaneoftheroad »

fondfarewell wrote:Lookee what was made a Tennessee company a month ago: https://tnbear.tn.gov/ECommerce/FilingD ... 1221111234

Has this been picked up elsewhere in any way? Seems like an interesting development if not.
haha How did you find that? Looks like we have an announcement on the horizon, maybe.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Or just keeping others from taking the name. I don't think when Jack left upholstery he kept renewing his business license every year. Maybe once he started bringing in money he could, but it probably was still in Detroit. Now the company name has been filed in Nashville, possibly for taxes and other legal reasons. Smart move though, that name could be a quick payday with the relevance attached to it.

Thinking about it, it probably be a good idea to snatch up http://www.thirdmanupholstery.com while they're at it; http://www.thirdmanupholstery.co.uk has already been taken. :?
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The things people find on the webz. Very freaking cool. I don't know why, but the more stuff that man gets involved in, the more excited I get. Even if we never see the results of some of those things, just knowing that he's out there doing them puts a smile on my face.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

jamesmonzon1 wrote: http://www.thirdmanupholstery.co.uk has already been taken. :?
Wow.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Maybe they decided to register the name again after discussing Vault 18...
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

shaneoftheroad wrote: haha How did you find that? Looks like we have an announcement on the horizon, maybe.
Just on a whim. Intersection of profession and hobby.

My guess is that we'll see something from this. Registering a trademark would be a better/cheaper way of protecting the name if that was the aim. And would apply nationally instead of just in TN.

And now that I think of it, I bet a USPTO search for Third Man related trademarks would yield some interesting hits.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Triple Decker furniture. A stool inside a chair inside a couch.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

runofthemill wrote:Triple Decker furniture. A stool inside a chair inside a couch.
:lol: !
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

They'll probably sell 100 chairs at $500 or so each and tell people there's an unreleased Stripes song in 10 of them. $50,000 sold out in seconds and all of them destroyed upon delivery. :lol:
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

shaneoftheroad wrote:They'll probably sell 100 chairs at $500 or so each and tell people there's an unreleased Stripes song in 10 of them. $50,000 sold out in seconds and all of them destroyed upon delivery. :lol:
and then they'll bring them back to the shop to get them re-upholstered. the cycle will never end!

genius!
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
hawkers
Little Bird

Post by hawkers »

Didn't Jack talk about this in an interview when he was getting back to Upholstery, I knew about this for a while since he hinted at that so long ago.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

hawkers wrote:Didn't Jack talk about this in an interview when he was getting back to Upholstery, I knew about this for a while since he hinted at that so long ago.
yes.
<BluefordT> jhdb
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

why hasn't any of the flippers registered thirdmanupholstery.com yet?
<BluefordT> jhdb
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

PugFaceRex wrote:why hasn't any of the flippers registered thirdmanupholstery.com yet?
They ll probably use a subdomain anyway
LIke http://upholstery.thirdmanrecords.com
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426