Random Third Man Discussions

Your Turntable's Not Dead
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Random Third Man Discussions

Post by rsimms3 »

I quit getting alerts for everything during SXSW. My phone thanked me for it.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Your phone must be really happy today.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Your phone must be really happy today.
I just checked Twitter, my phone vibrated with excitement at the prospect of having been saved from 238 alerts today.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:
I just checked Twitter, my phone vibrated with excitement at the prospect of having been saved from 238 alerts today.

I'm not sure it was that much but my phone was going nuts at work and I just started a new job yesterday. Fuckin idiots...or I'm the idiot for having notifications on I guess..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
I'm not sure it was that much but my phone was going nuts at work and I just started a new job yesterday. Fuckin idiots...or I'm the idiot for having notifications on I guess..
According to A.V. Club, it was 55.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Jack White + Jack Black = Jack Grey

Post by anonymousbrunette »

So, flatter the morons and piss off your most ardent fans? Must be a slow day at TMR.

http://www.avclub.com/article/third-man ... -ja-218996

Wonder how many people turned off their mobile notifications today. I know i did.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White + Jack Black = Jack Grey

Post by Kali Durga »

I had to chuckle over it and the follow-up Tim Burton stream, but it was probably easier for me to laugh about it because I don't do the Twitter thing on my phone, only on the internet :)
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Either Jack White and Jack Black are starring in a Tim Burton movie called Jack Grey or Jack is just really bored now that he's stopped touring.
Or they really do want to lose some followers.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/m ... ower-music

I was reading an article in The Guardian today about Quintron and thought this might fit here.

"The second prototype, Weather Witch, was an attempt to “productize” the invention for sale by Jack White’s Third Man Records. “It turned out not to be a good idea; customer support would have made it not feasible,” says Quintron, who gave up after a year of struggle. He did gain valuable knowledge from the experience, as well as some wild memories. “One weekend we were at Third Man … Neil Young was recording an album there and we watched. He checked out the invention. At one point he picked up a light sensor. He immediately did something really musical with,” Quintron laughs, “Some people can make music with anything they touch. He picked it up and a little song emerged.”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

The upcoming releases section on the third man records website shows William Tyler - Live at Third Man 7"
:?:
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Awesome! Can't wait to get a copy
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TMRVault/status/659385704204468225
NEWSFLASH -- all Vault members will now receive 10% off almost all items in the Nashville storefront as a part of membership. See ya sooooon
Hopefully we'll get a list of what "almost all" means.

Edit: Just saw it was also posted in the Vault with a bit more info-- http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/ ... storefront
Last edited by Kali Durga on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

That's pretty cool.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Great.
What time do they open?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »