Third Man Hints and Speculations

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

I figured this was worthy as a thread. Sometimes on ModChat, Jack or the Bens give hints toward new TMR releases or products.
They often get lost or forgot about, so, if you come across something, be sure to post it here.
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Third Man Hints and Speculations

Post by Jettkoral »

Stuff from the February 26th ModChat with Jack White

MadisonKamesch> JackWhite: when will the kills live at tmr see the light of day?
<JackWhite> MadisonKamesch: coming soon, and sounding sick

<JackWhite> i'm recording a new blue series tomorrow

<Jettkoral> JackWhite: Get Kenny Tudrick down to TMR
<JackWhite> Jettkoral: kenny's been down there

<JackWhite> got an amazing blue series getting released, maybe this week....
<Jettkoral> JackWhite: Mr. White, could you please give us a small hint about the soon to be released Blue Series?
<JackWhite> Jettkoral: i wonder...

<middlezg> Does anybody else have any info on an Elephant vinyl release?
<JackWhite> middlezg: i do!

<KNARFNY> Any clue when the Jay Z stuff will come out?
<JackWhite> KNARFNY: probably never

<blkbell> JackWhite: ever think about a Steve Martin blue series?
<JackWhite> blkbell: i invited him to do a live show....we'll see.....

<Jettkoral> JackWhite: Detroit Cobras Blue Series
<JackWhite> Jettkoral: have some interesting never heard cobras recordings in the vault....

From that, I think the new Blue Series will be Rodriguez, Kenny Tudrick may have recorded at TMR, and there is a slight possibility of a Detroit Cobras Vault Release.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

No offense dude, i like you and all but this is probably my least favourite thread on this entire forum.

We can discuss mod chats on that thread and as far as "hints" and "speculations" go, I think we need to give that up. It drives me nuts that people think every single little thing Jack does has a hidden meaning behind it. Yes, sometimes he does, like anyone else, but just because he was chewing bubble gum this morning doesn't mean that he's about to release a triple decker bubble gum record or something stupid
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

arewhyehen wrote:No offense dude, i like you and all but this is probably my least favourite thread on this entire forum.

We can discuss mod chats on that thread and as far as "hints" and "speculations" go, I think we need to give that up. It drives me nuts that people think every single little thing Jack does has a hidden meaning behind it. Yes, sometimes he does, like anyone else, but just because he was chewing bubble gum this morning doesn't mean that he's about to release a triple decker bubble gum record or something stupid
+1
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

AlexFaderr wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:No offense dude, i like you and all but this is probably my least favourite thread on this entire forum.

+1
I'm not saying that, just posting hints of what's to come...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I'm good with this. Its akin to Cliff notes, which I was terribly fond of in grade school.

Carry on.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jettkoral wrote:
AlexFaderr wrote:

+1
I'm not saying that, just posting hints of what's to come...
When is the last time someone correctly predicted something TMR was about to do? It took us months when they gave us real clues..

Sit back and patiently wait like everyone else. You will enjoy it more that way without stressing about what's about to happen, I promise.
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

I don't think anyone's stressing here, it's just a list of replies from Jack regarding future releases which is both fun and ok to talk about. No need to kill a thread that you don't like and no one is forced to click on any thread for that matter. This thread is perfectly fine, as mentioned before it is something of a 'cliff notes'. My two cents.
Nick
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Edible Triple Decker? I want one! Would it be so delicious that people would eat it before they could flip it? Would it have a shelf life? It could go stale but be good indefinitely, or it could mold and be gross (maybe the only way to finally get that hair record). I know about the chocolate record, but I think this would be a great way to mess with collectors.

P.S. I know it is pretty unresonable, stupid, and rediculous... but I want one! After all, aren't we all looking for new ways to consume vinyl?
Has everything you said today been true?
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

More on topic...

The one that always stands out to me is when Jack said RSD was going to be "killer" and Jerry Lee Lewis played. Love when he does stuff like that. Although I agree that there is no way to acurrately predict which of what he says can be stretched into a clue after the fact. At least the speculation can be good for a laugh.
Has everything you said today been true?
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Green Series Wants:
Johnny Depp
John Waters
Pee Wee
Charles Manson. I'm not crazy, just think he would have some stories.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Jettkoral wrote:Green Series Wants:
Johnny Depp
John Waters
Pee Wee
Don't think that would be a great idea.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ If our votes count, I'll add mine for Pee Wee and Charles Manson. John Waters could be cool, but not as cool as the others. I vote against Johnny Depp, though. He's not as interesting as he used to be. And it would just give people an excuse to jump on the played-out comparisons between Jack and him all over again.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

tanzaib wrote:
Johnny Depp
John Waters
Pee Wee
Don't think that would be a great idea.
I agree, just thought it would be different.
I would be scared for Jack's safety. Sure, they could chain Manson to the wall.
Back on topic. Or is this the topic? Haha
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Johnny Depp
John Waters
Pee Wee

Isn't there already a thread for this?

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=195