Post by candycaneboy03 »

damn first post and confirming me as correct.... i like you already

welcome to White swirl...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: Bizarro World at TMR

Post by stoutr »

It's not like they really "press" new anything. The tri-colors come from the same stampers (pressers) also, just different hockey pucks. A stamper can usually pump out 1,000-1,200 clean copies of a single, just depends.

As far as reverse variations go, they are only a different sleeve and a sticker or two. Wrong. They are part of one of the most creative record label marketing gimmicks ever! And only 100 examples of each piece of art exists.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Carson122
Little Bird

Post by Carson122 »

candycaneboy03 wrote:so i was wondering, if the bizarro 7"'s just have the label sticker placed OVER the original one wouldnt that mean that they really didn't press any new ones and just used stock of the old ones? therefore somewhat changing the whole perception of it being a "new" pressing?

because initially i understood that they only pressed 100 of these but seems like they just used old pressings and applied new sleeves and labels.
I think it would have been cool if the pressed them to play from the inside out. But I guess that would have been too expensive, like others have said.
drrowe
Little Bird

Post by drrowe »

Although I like the idea of the whole reverse bizarro records, they are simply a sticker and sleeve variation. And with the crazy prices I've seen on ebay so far I would not be suprised to see many a bootleg in the future. A couple copied stickers and a nicley copied sleeve and how could you tell the difference, even the original 100 have the blue sticker right over top of the original yellow!
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

drrowe wrote:Although I like the idea of the whole reverse bizarro records, they are simply a sticker and sleeve variation. And with the crazy prices I've seen on ebay so far I would not be suprised to see many a bootleg in the future. A couple copied stickers and a nicley copied sleeve and how could you tell the difference, even the original 100 have the blue sticker right over top of the original yellow!
You could tell the difference because the sleeves are totally different from the original sleeves. It is not just a sticker.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

The sticker was over the center hole of the vinyl, if I'm not mistaken.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

trickster wrote:Ochfish told me that the bizarro store and vinyl sold there were one of a kind
NEVER happen again
Vinyls for the bizarro were 100 pressed on each
and look at the leftovers... this was friday afternoon!!
ImageImageImage

these may be more rare than we think.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
seventhson
Little Bird

Post by seventhson »

So those never got sold?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

ochfish707 wrote:
trickster wrote:Ochfish told me that the bizarro store and vinyl sold there were one of a kind
NEVER happen again
Vinyls for the bizarro were 100 pressed on each
and look at the leftovers... this was friday afternoon!!
ImageImageImage

these may be more rare than we think.
A friend of mine called into the store at 5pm Friday and was told all the Bizarro7" were sold out???
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

That looks like it is the 100 records before they were sold. Thought that doesn't explain the other missing records...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Believe me, most were gone by 8:00 pm. It wasn't busy, but people were coming and going all night. The temp employees also walked out with handfulls of merch.
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

flattop2001 wrote:A friend of mine called into the store at 5pm Friday and was told all the Bizarro7" were sold out???
A friend of mine was told that on the Thursday as well.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

stoutr wrote:Believe me, most were gone by 8:00 pm. It wasn't busy, but people were coming and going all night. The temp employees also walked out with handfulls of merch.

they deserved whatever they walked out with. from what i saw those 3 employees... Mustache guy, tattoo'd girl, and the younger guy did a ton of work. the younger kid told me he was hoping for 3" set at the close of the store. he got the gig because his sister backed out... lucky SOB.. :D
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Jamie wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:A friend of mine called into the store at 5pm Friday and was told all the Bizarro7" were sold out???
A friend of mine was told that on the Thursday as well.
well i think it's just like we were told 'it may or MAY not open over the course of the 3 days After it's initial opening. and i think it be the easiest answer over the telephone, they were probably trying to keep it somewhat quiet and keep certain types of people away and also exclusive for the actual people there. i talked to a guy who went into the bizarro store and walked away with the yellow 45s, he had no idea what he had just purchased. i told him a little info and he went back to get more.. thank god TMR turned him away saying only 1 each. who knows how many more he wanted to buy, and what he was going to do with them.