Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Holiday Refresh-a-thon

Post by arewhyehen »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
bkramer10 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:tomorrow couldn't be busier for me.
i might have to just start trying on thursday.
Send me what you'd want if it were to be for sale, and I'll try to snag it for you
xoxo and pm'd.
Funny yall mentioned this. I was thinking about a way to make it easier for us to score the vinyl we wanted. Say if I bought something I didn't want but someone else scores what I want and I have what they want it could be a straight trade. If one is more expensive, you just trade+ the cash difference. Then you end up only paying the price of the item you wanted.

So if anyone wants to try and do this I'll buy whatever I can and do the trade (no inflated prices crap).
Ya I was just thinking the same thing. With everyone having different schedules and catching different items, we might all just try and grab whatever possible. We can start some sort of trading thread like the roulette trade thread. I feel like not many people would be on the same page with that though.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

arewhyehen wrote:
jamesmonzon1 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
bkramer10 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:tomorrow couldn't be busier for me.
i might have to just start trying on thursday.
Send me what you'd want if it were to be for sale, and I'll try to snag it for you
xoxo and pm'd.
Funny yall mentioned this. I was thinking about a way to make it easier for us to score the vinyl we wanted. Say if I bought something I didn't want but someone else scores what I want and I have what they want it could be a straight trade. If one is more expensive, you just trade+ the cash difference. Then you end up only paying the price of the item you wanted.

So if anyone wants to try and do this I'll buy whatever I can and do the trade (no inflated prices crap).
Ya I was just thinking the same thing. With everyone having different schedules and catching different items, we might all just try and grab whatever possible. We can start some sort of trading thread like the roulette trade thread. I feel like not many people would be on the same page with that though.
Fuck it. If people don't like it, don't participate. Sure, there would be things that people might not want to part with that they weren't necessarily THINKING they wanted, but hell...I think overall it needs started. arewhyehen, you on it?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=7722

I'm in.

If I can pick up a few tris to trade or whatever pops up and help someone else who missed out, I'm more than happy.
greekfood101
Little Acorn

Post by greekfood101 »

Does anybody think they'll have something right out of the gate at 9?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

greekfood101 wrote:Does anybody think they'll have something right out of the gate at 9?
I was thinking maybe the "stocking stuffers" and smaller items, but doubt anything big........can anyone REALLY know though?
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Putting a big item out first would get people excited and worried about missing something else. Look at the roulette prizes, huge items went out first to get more people to try their luck.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:Putting a big item out first would get people excited and worried about missing something else. Look at the roulette prizes, huge items went out first to get more people to try their luck.
Anything can happen with these guys lol
Bob_Roberts
Little Cream Soda

Post by Bob_Roberts »

I am in. So much so that below is my ISO list. If something comes on my list, I will happily trade whatever I can snag. Being a sports junkie, i would be up for multiple person trades (ok 3-way's...but not that kind of 3-way :shock: )

HOREHOUND - WHITE/YELLOW SPLIT
DeSTIJL - RED/WHITE SPLIT
WHITE BLOOD CELLS - RED/WHITE SPLIT
THE WHITE STRIPES - S/T SPLIT COLOR
"WHITE WALL TRIPLE DECKER"
BLACK BELLES - ABSINTHE
'DEAD LEAVES' 7"
I'M SHAKIN' 7" - TOUR

Happy hunting everyone
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I already got the pre-Refreshathon Mojo Black Belles $200 bundle. I'd happily split that up into $100/$50/$50 as part of a for-cost trade if somebody can get a Cosmos for cost.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

The prices they'll have for the pricier items are going to be interesting . . . the example of the BB bundle, that was a great price for 2 tri's and the Absinthe. Weren't they originally back in the beginning days selling Live in Las Vegas for $250? If one of those popped up at that price, it'd be pretty sweet. This is going to be a wild ride to Friday . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:The prices they'll have for the pricier items are going to be interesting . . . the example of the BB bundle, that was a great price for 2 tri's and the Absinthe. Weren't they originally back in the beginning days selling the Live in Las Vegas for $250? If one of those popped up at that price, it'd be pretty sweet. This is going to be a wild ride to Friday . . .
I know GBMS has always been $250, but I'm pretty sure LILV was only sold on opening day of the physical store. I don't remember anyone buyinig it after that from the store, but GBMS has been available sporadically over the past couple years although not recently. I would also like to direct everyone's attention to the announcement, it said "But what may get fans most excited is our Pop Up Sales featuring some specialty items and rare records from the TMR catalog." This leads me to believe it will only be TMR catalog numbers, not older stuff that was distributed by other labels.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

^^^ UGH. Duh, that's what I meant. GBMS. Not LILV. Blerg. Thanks for the correction. Not enough coffee yet this morning.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I keep refreshing, but nothing is happening.....I wonder if this will be like the WS Starter kit a few years ago where it was supposed to go onsale at midnight or something and wasn't available for another 8 hours because someone forgot to turn the sale on. That was the starter kit, right?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Hopefully smoother than the Kraftwerk ticket sale at the Tate Modern London - their web server crashed and they have been using the old fashioned phone system for placing orders....
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

rsimms3 wrote:I keep refreshing, but nothing is happening.....I wonder if this will be like the WS Starter kit a few years ago where it was supposed to go onsale at midnight or something and wasn't available for another 8 hours because someone forgot to turn the sale on. That was the starter kit, right?
9:00 CST it starts right?