Black Friday releases

Your Turntable's Not Dead
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Re: Black Friday 2012 releases

Post by hxcoliver »

in case anyone is still looking for the WS singles (for some reason, since they're not super limited) my store had tons of them last night when i stopped by. i could always go back and pick up more. $8 each
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

hxcoliver wrote:in case anyone is still looking for the WS singles (for some reason, since they're not super limited) my store had tons of them last night when i stopped by. i could always go back and pick up more. $8 each
PM sent.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Black Friday 2012 releases

Post by dylnfan »

rsimms3 wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:in case anyone is still looking for the WS singles (for some reason, since they're not super limited) my store had tons of them last night when i stopped by. i could always go back and pick up more. $8 each
PM sent.
Ditto.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

$10 each on recordsbymail.com
Thallirn
Little Bird

Post by Thallirn »

What killed me the most was the kid with his mom and sister in front of me in line buying one of each ( he'd made them each a list). Yet, when SoC was released I was hassled about my daughter buying a second copy for my friend.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Thallirn wrote:What killed me the most was the kid with his mom and sister in front of me in line buying one of each ( he'd made them each a list). Yet, when SoC was released I was hassled about my daughter buying a second copy for my friend.
now now... you know you laughed when i pointed out the lady with her tiny infant in her arms out there parading around and how that little dolly was going to get herself the white stripes christmas release because she had cultivated a taste for jack white in the womb and didnt want her mom nosing about her things in her room.... your daughter is such a lovely spirit that i know she wouldnt be willing to sleep in the rain and grub the dumpster like the kid did so everyone could cop a piece of jack white's wood

:lol: you know that family just paid for another RRS expedition so lets go easy on them
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

The White Sripes Black Friday 7" set (and more) back on sale on Vintage Vinyl
http://vvinyl.com/s/black_friday/
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

^^^^^ I know it's effin' expensive for a double 7", but I totally recommend the Link Wray RSD release (which VV has for sale online). When you consider how insanely rare the originals are, plus the great remastering job done by Sundazed, it may be my favorite RSD BF 2012 release. (Plus it looks good too!)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Here's some perspective for those wondering how many of the red White Stripes reissues were pressed for Black Friday....

URP posted on Facebook their "Best of" lists for 2012. Here's the list of the Top 25 Singles sold (I stopped at 11) in 2012, note that the 3 Black Friday reissues are in the 2nd,3rd, and 4th positions and haven't even seen a standard black release yet. Also of note is that no non-TMR single cracked the top 10. I am going to assume that the lists they posted are just of records they pressed because their Top Sellers in 2012 for LPs has JTB - Upstairs... listed first and Blunderbuss second, Blunderbuss was the highest selling vinyl for 2012 according to SoundScan.

1. White Stripes - Hand Springs
2. White Stripes - Hotel Yorba
3. White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl
4. White Stripes - Dead Leaves....
5. Karen Elson - Milk and Honey
6. Jack White - 16 Saltines 12"
7. Jack White - Love Interruption
8. Jack White - 16 Saltines 7"
9. Beck - I Just Started Hating....
10. Jack White - Freedom at 21
11. J. Dilla - Jay Dee's Revenge
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

rsimms3 wrote:Here's some perspective for those wondering how many of the red White Stripes reissues were pressed for Black Friday....

URP posted on Facebook their "Best of" lists for 2012. Here's the list of the Top 25 Singles sold (I stopped at 11) in 2012, note that the 3 Black Friday reissues are in the 2nd,3rd, and 4th positions and haven't even seen a standard black release yet. Also of note is that no non-TMR single cracked the top 10. I am going to assume that the lists they posted are just of records they pressed because their Top Sellers in 2012 for LPs has JTB - Upstairs... listed first and Blunderbuss second, Blunderbuss was the highest selling vinyl for 2012 according to SoundScan.

I saw the JTB up there also and thought it was limited to 2,000? or 4,000? and they said blunderbuss sold 33,000 on vinyl.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

rsimms3 wrote:Here's some perspective for those wondering how many of the red White Stripes reissues were pressed for Black Friday....

Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Black Friday 2013 releases

Post by Stl_ben »

Start a new thread....no thanks.
Black Friday 2013 is taking over.
Anyways you can buy some of the black Friday stuff now on Vintagevinyl.com
http://www.vvinyl.com/v/fall-out-boy-paxam-days/4201 <----thats all you need pvnks
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Stl_ben wrote:Start a new thread....no thanks.
Black Friday 2013 is taking over.
Anyways you can buy some of the black Friday stuff now on Vintagevinyl.com
http://www.vvinyl.com/v/fall-out-boy-paxam-days/4201 <----thats all you need pvnks
Pretty cool that Ryan Adams produced this. I must check it out. I have not read up on it but is there a 12" Fall Out Boy album that Ryan Adams produced or just the singles? Is the album out yet? You can tell me to google if you want. I thought you might want to discuss it some.....
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Stl_ben wrote: http://www.vvinyl.com/v/fall-out-boy-paxam-days/4201 <----thats all you need pvnks
The man in me couldn't care less, but the fourteen year old girl in me is giddy with excitement!
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”