Black Friday releases

Your Turntable's Not Dead
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Black Friday 2012 releases

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Picked up all the Stripes singles and managed to get a 45 bundle box from the online store before they sold out :D
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

I found some Stripes singles online for $10 apiece (my Record store didn't have them :x ) but does anyone know where I can find the Lumineers Winter EP online? (not ebay, and I know how to use a search engine stl.Ben)
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Black Friday 2012 releases

Post by bkramer10 »

AJ123 wrote:I found some Stripes singles online for $10 apiece (my Record store didn't have them :x ) but does anyone know where I can find the Lumineers Winter EP online? (not ebay, and I know how to use a search engine stl.Ben)
Try your local store for lumineers. I went to my store at 1 and they had like 15 left. I overhead a phone call that they were getting more tomorrow as well. If they don't have it and you can't find it online, I can probably get you one. But I won't be back there for at least a week
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

bkramer10 wrote:
AJ123 wrote:I found some Stripes singles online for $10 apiece (my Record store didn't have them :x ) but does anyone know where I can find the Lumineers Winter EP online? (not ebay, and I know how to use a search engine stl.Ben)
Try your local store for lumineers. I went to my store at 1 and they had like 15 left. I overhead a phone call that they were getting more tomorrow as well. If they don't have it and you can't find it online, I can probably get you one. But I won't be back there for at least a week
OK. My local store didn't seem to have a lot of releases this year. I emailed them to see if they had any leftovers of The Lumineers though

EDIT - Nevermind, found some on the internet for under $15
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

higherlimits wrote:I'm glad I bought the full Merch set for $500 when I could have got the pieces I wanted for far less. Now the only exclusives are the adaptors, slipmat and headphones.
Isn't the WS record player an exclusive of the set?
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

pj101ca wrote:
higherlimits wrote:I'm glad I bought the full Merch set for $500 when I could have got the pieces I wanted for far less. Now the only exclusives are the adaptors, slipmat and headphones.
Isn't the WS record player an exclusive of the set?
Its online now and I bet the adapters will pop up online sooner or later

I'm curious. does anyone have pics of RSD at TMR?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

It was kind of disappointing hearing people in line talking, lots of people around us really had no idea what they were buying and just knew that it was limited and they wanted it.

Oh, and for the first 15 (?) people in the store that spent more than $150, got a free Jack White Silkscreened poster. I didn't see any, but it sounded like they might have just been tour left overs?
They also had sale prices on a bunch of stuff, the Meg Camera was $85, the Theremin was on sale for $35, and they had a White Stripes poster for $1.
It was this one..

I hoping people didn't think it was a rare poster. I saw people walking out with multiples of it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just got my shipping amount from Vintage Vinyl Records for the 3 singles I preordered.....they are now on the way to me :) cant wait
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

arewhyehen wrote:Just got my shipping amount from Vintage Vinyl Records for the 3 singles I preordered.....they are now on the way to me :) cant wait
I found some online for $34 shipped for all three so now they are on the way to me :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

AJ123 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Just got my shipping amount from Vintage Vinyl Records for the 3 singles I preordered.....they are now on the way to me :) cant wait
I found some online for $34 shipped for all three so now they are on the way to me :D
Mine were 7.99 each and then $8 shipping to canada which isnt too bad. 31.97 total..not too bad :) didnt even have to get out of bed..haha
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Same for me! 2-4 weeks and I'll actually have em!
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

amoeba.com had items for sale, expensive though.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chrono_1980 wrote:
Same for me! 2-4 weeks and I'll actually have em!
damn canadian shipping..I've got so much stuff coming in the next month...damn... :D
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i think the fact that there was only one person on the register made this situation silly... 4 working but only one banking... she was very kind as always though
orangeshoeskid wrote:
cmelo wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:Some crazy guy just drive up in front of tmr, was yelling to people from out his back window. Then threw a fun size bag of peanut m&ms in the road and sped off. Weirdos around here.
Was it Thallirn?? :)
I think it was just some crazy guy. Looked homeless despite having a car. He definitely wasnt someone that waits in line here. More the caliber of the homeless guys that come buy and ask us what we're waiting in line for.
honestly i was surprised that no one got what that fucker was doin... he was making what looked like a lot of sexually suggestive gestures and probably lookin for a hooker

i was farther up in line when i saw that going on and figured he was confused about who we were just like the lady who showed up the night before bringing everyone a mini plate of turkey with gravy and a slice of white bread... they thought the TMR fans were homeless people that couldnt fit in the shelter... surprisingly there werent many homeless people to speak of until later in the day when they decided to rustle up some cigarettes etc.

here was the first 15 bonus buy poster

i was pretty much heart broken that the videola and picture booth were not up and running ... the cupcakes helped a little
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
ChicChefChick
Little Bird

Post by ChicChefChick »

orangeshoeskid wrote:It was kind of disappointing hearing people in line talking, lots of people around us really had no idea what they were buying and just knew that it was limited and they wanted it.

Oh, and for the first 15 (?) people in the store that spent more than $150, got a free Jack White Silkscreened poster. I didn't see any, but it sounded like they might have just been tour left overs?
They also had sale prices on a bunch of stuff, the Meg Camera was $85, the Theremin was on sale for $35, and they had a White Stripes poster for $1.
It was this one..

I hoping people didn't think it was a rare poster. I saw people walking out with multiples of it.
If most people were like me, they were just pumped that there was a $1 poster. I bought multiples for Christmas gifts. And yeah, I was INCREDIBLY disheartened when I got home and immediately found stuff on eBay. I know it's the nature of the beast, but I can't help being bothered by it. :(