New Rob Jones metal prints

Your Turntable's Not Dead
trickster
Greek Mod

New Rob Jones metal prints

Post by trickster »

An extremely limited run of The Dead Weather metal prints will be available at Third Man Records in Nashville and the New York City pop-up store location. Designed by Rob Jones, there are four different designs with only 19 copies of each for sale between the two locations.

Visit the Third Man Records pop up store in NYC on July 16th and 17th only. Located at 131 Chrystie Street (between Broome and Delancey), the store will be open from 10 am - 6 pm.

The metal prints will be available at the Third Man Records store in Nashville from Monday, July 20th. Store hours are from 12 noon - 4 pm, weekdays only.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
icdvet
Little Ghost

Re: New Rob Jones metal prints

Post by icdvet »

So I appreciate that Jack White is obviously doing his utmost to single-handedly stimulate the economy of Nashville, which is most laudable, but this is really getting to be a big screw you to the rest of us - all that will happen is that about 17 of these will be flipped at outrageous prices on eBay by a bunch of jerks who couldnt give a damn about the band. What the hell is the point of that?
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

icdvet wrote:So I appreciate that Jack White is obviously doing his utmost to single-handedly stimulate the economy of Nashville, which is most laudable, but this is really getting to be a big screw you to the rest of us - all that will happen is that about 17 of these will be flipped at outrageous prices on eBay by a bunch of jerks who couldnt give a damn about the band. What the hell is the point of that?
I don't think it's a screw you to the rest of us. I see it as a perk to the people living around the Nashville area in Jack White's home town. Yeah, it sucks for us in the rest of the world, but if they made them available online, the people with the fastest fingers would snap them up and flip them...so it would be the same thing. Did you try buying the Rob Jone's 05 Rac's poster set when they went on sale online? I did and they sold out in about a minute! I just missed it, now that was annoying!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Wonder which prints they will be and what the cost will be?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

plantersman wrote:
icdvet wrote:So I appreciate that Jack White is obviously doing his utmost to single-handedly stimulate the economy of Nashville, which is most laudable, but this is really getting to be a big screw you to the rest of us - all that will happen is that about 17 of these will be flipped at outrageous prices on eBay by a bunch of jerks who couldnt give a damn about the band. What the hell is the point of that?
I don't think it's a screw you to the rest of us. I see it as a perk to the people living around the Nashville area in Jack White's home town. Yeah, it sucks for us in the rest of the world, but if they made them available online, the people with the fastest fingers would snap them up and flip them...so it would be the same thing. Did you try buying the Rob Jone's 05 Rac's poster set when they went on sale online? I did and they sold out in about a minute! I just missed it, now that was annoying!
All I am asking is, exactly what is the goal of all this, other than hype and profit to flippers? DW and TMR arent making the $450 profit on a tricolor so what are they doing this for? I could understand it a little better if they were selling the tricolors for more money (even Rob Jones has started selling prints after shows for more than $30 recently). Yeah the online thing is always a crapshoot (I guess you could be like EMEK and run a quiz) but based on Tuesday's action (and the sales on eBay), it looks like other than kevron the queue (or line, whatever) was almost entirely populated by flippers. So unless you live in Nashville or have really deep pockets, it seems like the message is forget about trying to be a Dead Weather collector. To me, that's frustrating.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

well i'm sure over 80% of the people that purchase these items at the TMR store keep it for themselves. so think thats that's the point of all this, and that's who these items are for. when it comes to collecting things and limited editions, there's always going to be flippers, can't really do anything about that. gotta make some money, earn ya keep, naw i'm sayin? jk. i was in nashville when the Dex tri-color came out and i thought it was a lot of fun...especially when jack came out! there was just something really cool about buying a limited edition item at an actual b&m store.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

While I hate the flippers, unfortunately it is a necessary evil. I know I have bought things off ebay that I wouldn't have otherwise. It is the supply & demand concept working at its finest, Jack supplies (a little) and we demand (a lot). Sucks for those of us geographically challenged but at least he is doing something cool for some people. I appreciate the concept, it is not his fault I can't fly to Nashville for all these goodies each time they are available. Believe me, I would otherwise.

I am excited to see these. I love the Glace Bay and I am excited to see what happens with these.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I don't know what the right answer is here, but usually anyone who wants a RJ print can get one for a fair price at the shows. With the Bowery Ballroom prints being 150 at TMR I would suspect these will be higher than that. I do not think many people will line up to pay 200-300 for a metal print in Nashville, but you can never underestimate the flippers. With the current state of the poster market I do not even see that much potential for a big profit. As much as I would love to go and buy one I doubt I will get to make the trip with work and the baby due any day now.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Kaber wrote:
kevron6 wrote:I don't know what the right answer is here, but usually anyone who wants a RJ print can get one for a fair price at the shows. With the Bowery Ballroom prints being 150 at TMR I would suspect these will be higher than that. I do not think many people will line up to pay 200-300 for a metal print in Nashville, but you can never underestimate the flippers. With the current state of the poster market I do not even see that much potential for a big profit. As much as I would love to go and buy one I doubt I will get to make the trip with work and the baby due any day now.
Family first dude.

I think you could be right on the price and like you say DW prints just aren't shifting just now.

The interest is far stronger in the vinyl....

Maybe these prints will change that?

Yep definitely family first, everyone knows I am a RJ fanatic but still have to keep my priorities straight. Good luck to all who get one I look forward to seeing pictures.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

kevron6 wrote:Wonder which prints they will be and what the cost will be?
So you are guessing these are reprints of older designs in metallic?
I didnt thought of that.
My mind went straight away to a new project like the aluminium prints.
But your thought makes more sense
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

If it is that detroit poster I would totally buy it.

If I had the money :lol:

And in fact I would probably buy everything if I had the money :lol:
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

trickster wrote:
kevron6 wrote:Wonder which prints they will be and what the cost will be?
So you are guessing these are reprints of older designs in metallic?
I didnt thought of that.
My mind went straight away to a new project like the aluminium prints.
But your thought makes more sense

That is just my guess I would think they are prints from previous shows on metal.