Nobody's Vault But Mine: 3rd Annual Event

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Grimtale
Little People

Re: party single? hey, grim?

Post by Grimtale »

elduderino wrote:grim - will you be emailing those of us on your list for payment for the ultras/boogaloosa split 7" soon?

thanks and gurp.
Ultra S/C are working on getting some studio recordings. Once I get that in hand, I'll send the paypal request... soon, I hope.
Mark
I am everything you hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: party single? hey, grim?

Post by elduderino »

Grimtale wrote:
elduderino wrote:grim - will you be emailing those of us on your list for payment for the ultras/boogaloosa split 7" soon?

thanks and gurp.
Ultra S/C are working on getting some studio recordings. Once I get that in hand, I'll send the paypal request... soon, I hope.
Mark
cool, thanks!
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Nobody's Vault But Mine: 3rd Annual Event

Post by Kali Durga »

PugFaceRex wrote:it's like you have no faith in the internet...

Oh my gosh, that's him!! Looks like different clothes than he was wearing when we saw him, though, I swear he was wearing a multi-colored vest. But those are the long dreads, that's for sure. Thanks, Puggy :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

thats not really a dread on that guys head... its more of a carpet or some kind of knitted table runner

anyways... does that mean you guys were at the same festival or what??
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Are you writing a book on me or do you think the i dont know Dexter and Sara?? Is it possible that I had friends from my home state there also?? maybe you should read a bit more if you really want information... let me be blunt with you... back up off me

Does that work for letting you know that when I go out and enjoy myself it doesnt mean that I am looking for you and if i feel like I need to then we have reached a different sort of 'social engagement' ... seriously 21x3 you might want to get a fucking clue
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

She does not annoy me. It takes all kinds of people to make up this silly world we live in. The Swirl community is one of the most eclectic group of people I have ever met. I like it that way. Live and let people live.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

elduderino wrote: i miss dancin' in the district. and uptown mix. saw a lot of good shows at both these weekly summer events. i would always see a guy at uptown mix who i would swear was john doe from X.
Dancin' in the District and Uptown Mix were some of the best summer fun I had as a young buck in Nashville. My parents were always so cool to take me to DintheD most every week. I was drinking age at this point, but I'll never forget seeing Cake and simultaneously watching the old downtown garbage incinerator burn down. The last year of Uptown Mix I got to see Wilco, Ben Folds, The Flaming Lips, etc. for next to nothing. That was good stuff. Quite the treat. The Live on the Green schedule comes out in a few days so that should be pretty awesome too. It's gotten much better. I think it would be a great get if they could swing a Jack show (not that I'm holding my breath). Seems like that would be a good fit though.

Coincidentally, the last time I saw Wilco at the Ryman John Doe was the opener. That guy is cool as all hell.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Stl_ben wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:seriously 21x3 you might want to get a fucking clue
I think you may need to get a clue...You annoy everyone. now shhhhh
i will let you know when you have any right to shhhsh me whatsoever
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Seriously?
That's terrible!!!
What happened?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Did I mention how much fun I had? I'm ready to come back to Nashville!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Lets just say that the folks at the event who were from Nashville for the show who didnt really know there was a Vault reunion thought it extremely odd ... so odd in fact that one woman whom i did not know stopped Jane Rose (another amazing rockabilly queen who was basically before Dex) to apologize for the ridiculousness of her placement on the bill and she even went on to talk about how embarrassing it was for Dex to have to open for the Belles...

This woman from Nashville ripped the hell out of the Belles while i quietly came out of the stall and washed my hands and listened... finally she took a breath and Jane Rose accepted the compliment graciously and talked about how it was cool with her because she had to turn around and drive to my hometown the next day to play at a car show for vintage cars... such a cool woman...

As for what Dex and Sara thought about it or had to say ... it wasnt much but i will say that Dex was stand offish to about 90% of the folks there... when he saw me he got out of the van and came over and sat down with me for quite a while so we could visit and then i got a visit in with Sara before she played .... after they played OJ came over and quickly said how much she admired Dex and he pretty much was just like thanks and straightened his sunglasses while sitting off in the corner until later after the show when we all slouched around on the porch together and had a nice long visit until the club closed...

Belles could have easily played first or early on the bill since the Duo obviously had to wait until the end of the night to get paid and beat a path outta there ... you can take that all as fact with no embellishment
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

My understanding was that Dex requested to play before the Belles. He apparently doesn't like late shows.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Kali Durga wrote:My understanding was that Dex requested to play before the Belles. He apparently doesn't like late shows.
He/they did the same at last years party,i.e. requested their time slot be moved up as to not play last.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

At the Raleigh event, Dex--who was being very affable, in a Dex-ish way--also wanted an early night, so they played before the I-10s, who then had about 10 people left listening to them by the end of the evening. Then they came and thanked us all individually. :lol:

Edit: Actually, that's an exaggeration, only about four of those people didn't belong to the club, organizers, etc.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That sounds like the Dex'n'Sara show I attended at an art gallery in Baltimore. It was a very disorganized "festival" setup and their time kept getting pushed back and pushed back and they ended up not going on until 2:30 in the morning, and there were maybe twenty people left, including the bar staff. Dex was surprisingly chipper, though, not cranky at all. In fact, when he was playing his solo section, he stopped at one point, hopped off the stage, and ran around giving everyone hugs. That's still my favorite DRD show.