Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Today's the day.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Today's the day.
Hoping they announce who they choose today and not make us wait till next week for some reason. I hadn't worried about it until last night after I finished a paper for school and studying for a test. Now that both of those are out of the way. Nerves are on overdrive.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Bet they wait until Monday to announce. In true TMR fashion to keep up the suspense. ;)
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i'm gonna enter until 11:33!
he is everything i hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Here's a question... I only sent one email. I always only send one email because it seems like "one email per person" is a given. Any of you guys go past the "one per" mark?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Didn't Swank specifically say in the comments that sending more than one would not be an advantage?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:Didn't Swank specifically say in the comments that sending more than one would not be an advantage?
It'd have been better if he said sending more than one would result in disqualification. 8-)
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Here's a question... I only sent one email. I always only send one email because it seems like "one email per person" is a given. Any of you guys go past the "one per" mark?
Swank even said in the comments under the modlife post that only one email is needed. I haven't gone over one, I would feel like I was being annoying. Curious as to whether entering late might help chances, seeing as your name would be one of the last ones seen before the deadline...

edit. sorry, kinda a duplicate of what's above.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Here's a question... I only sent one email. I always only send one email because it seems like "one email per person" is a given. Any of you guys go past the "one per" mark?
I didn't. Makes me wonder how they draw the names. Do they enter each entry name in a spreadsheet and press the down arrow until the land on a random name? Is it random at all? We'll never know I suppose.
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

mojoryan wrote:I told them this--->
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3508&p=51458&hilit ... ers#p51458 which read...
mojoryan wrote:My parents managed to "rescue" me from a black-market child trading ring that moved children from spiritual cult to spiritual cult based on what they felt was the child's "calling." The way I'm told, I started out in some bizarre (and little known) Cthulhu cult; then was passed to some Hoodoo woman in Arkansas; next to a Mahikari group. The folks were actually on a retreat there and saw me being passed to and fro, and asked about me. They told them my back story, and how I was too "dark" for the Cthulhu cult, too "light" for the Hoodoo lady and the Mahikari didn't quite to know what to make of me, with my "singing in tongues" and natural bent for all things musical...so, my father being a singer and grand-child of Goodnight (a Tsalagi medicine person) knew he and my mother could give me a good home. So, pops started calling me Mojo at an early age, unbeknownst to me, based on my "sorted" background and peculiar musical skill-set (think "Got My Mojo Working" by Muddy Waters...yeah, that's right..."Muddy" [for those who don't know, my "family" name is Muddiman]).

They already had a child named Brian and thought they might like to name me something similar in hopes of fostering a sense of "belonging" in me. Thus, they called me Ryan. Of course, pops didn't call me "Mojo" openly early on, as he didn't want me asking too many questions. But, when I was still a wee lad and found myself drawn to The Doors, the "Mojo" thing reared it's head for the first time; but from me singing L.A. Woman one day, rather than he just saying it. So pops started calling me MojoRyan. Then, of course, I found myself naturally drawn to the likes of Jeff Buckley (one might say, obsessed) and from his song Mojo Pin, I decided that I liked the moniker, and officially adopted MojoRyan.

There ya have it.
8-)

...not really. Although in retrospect....

This is awesome man. I hope you win!
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

I'm at work, trying to distract myself with actual work and coffee...no luck.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I sent them this picture, an experiment in the nonsensical. haha (the sticks read "desperation")

curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I sent them this picture, an experiment in the nonsensical. haha (the sticks read "desperation")

This is fantastic, Shane. Hope I'll get to hang out with you there. Been too long my friend!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

curseofhalos wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Hope I'll get to hang out with you there. Been too long my friend!
For sure, man! I plan on being in Nashville quite a bit this year.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Anyone want to be a +1 buddy? Where if either person wins they bring the other??
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net