Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
helloabsalom
Little Bird

Re: Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Post by helloabsalom »

flattop2001 wrote: All the swirlers/vaulters were really cool and a special thanks to COH better half who gave my wife one of jacks picks as she caught 2 pure class.
Aww, you're so welcome!! I'm glad I caught two so I could share. :) It was such an amazing experience, I'd hate for anyone to miss out.

Ben's summary is spot on! The only thing I really have to add are personal experiences like getting to "cheers" Allison Mosshart and talking with Karen Elson (second album is in the works but it's taking time because as she puts it, "I'm a Mommy." LOL!).

I have to say--it was so great meeting all of you last night! I've been lurking for a while, but even so...I'm still relatively new to the forum compared to a lot of you. We have some seriously AWESOME people in this community and I'm so proud to be a part of it.

Swirl meet up for Record Store Day anyone? ;)
helloabsalom = The Official White Swirl Thread Killer
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Well now, sounds like an a night of epic proportions. Congrats to all who experienced!!!
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Fook all of you that went... I mean that in the best possible way!!! :D Congrats to all that were picked!!! I'm so glad it lived it up to (and beyond) expectations!!! Further evidence that TMR is one of the best and most fan friendly labels in the bidness!!! Love the 3RPM LP's... I hope none of these end up on eBay... On a side note, I'm surprised Jack played 7NA... When he played it at Sloss, he stopped mid song and said he can't play that song in America anymore, 'doesn't translate'... That's why it wasn't played in Mississippi... You can't keep a good song down I suppose!!! I hope the set he played is similar to what he plays on tour... Can't wait till tomorrow... Chattanooga then WorkPlay in Birmingham...
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

Hamptonio wrote:the swirl, man. forum of all forums.
glad yall had such a great time!
+1
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

the posted review mentioned the reel being changed halfway through the first set. i guess we can expect a double-vault LP of this show?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

dreamover wrote:the posted review mentioned the reel being changed halfway through the first set. i guess we can expect a double-vault LP of this show?
A "child" can "dream," yes?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

By the way, the record store day stuff is listed on the vault now.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

woodisgood wrote:
dreamover wrote:the posted review mentioned the reel being changed halfway through the first set. i guess we can expect a double-vault LP of this show?
A "child" can "dream," yes?
I'm thinking double LP. One of the girls and one of the guys. They also recorded Hell Beach.
presence
Little Bird

Post by presence »

Great show, both bands are massive talent, songs are amped up with so much more intensity and dynamics, and jack has an even more commanding approach, while having a great time with his music. he was visibly pleased with what was going on around him, relaxed but intense. Crowd was hysterical at times, people crying, cheering, not believing what they were seeing, 'cept for the lug nut stump right up front who appeared unimpressed. The drummers are completely off the hook badasses. Powder blue Tele is cool looking/sounding, and he played his "new" acoustic quite a bit(it's not the L-1) of course it was recorded. You need to see this show.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Not seeing the RSD stuff anywhere on the vault.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

alteridiom wrote:Not seeing the RSD stuff anywhere on the vault.
Check the RSD thread.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

That setlist is nice. Glad Jack doesn't have any reservations about playing tunes from his other bands like some artists. Should make for a great tour. Happy to see the Swirl was well represented and y'all had such a great time.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

wow,, the 3 rpm record is insane,, however listening to that setlist is what im really jelous about,,, if jacks solo tour has setlists like that im going to have to go fly to many concerts
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

I literally don't know what to say.. I'm all kinds of emotional.. I thought these days were gone forever! I cannot wait for the future!

I also hope I can score one of these records at some point.. the LI and the gift.

Thanks Ben for the awesome summary and to all other comments. This really is an awesome community!!

I love this space!
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

THANK YOU for sharing the fun from last night!!! And a 3 RPM record...that you have to spin manually...gawd. I love this forum.