Tris and split colors, C'mon on this is ridiculous!

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Tris and split colors, C'mon on this is ridiculous!

Post by Moller72 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:Question : if a certain relese came on colored, and only 300 (or so ) were black, would people seek out the black copies?
Yes, I believe so. Rare is rare, colored or not.
Yes vault releases.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Black and blues are bringing $100 or less.
Tris selling for $60 - 100

You need to find a new flipper. It's been awhile since these records were bringing big bucks.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

jbdamned wrote:Yes, rare is rare! black or colored

But, will these TMR offerings stand the test of time?

Most of the bands on the label aren't beatle/dylan worthy and most real collectors look at these releases as "gimmick-y" so as far as collectability goes they will propabably deppreciate as time goes on. Just a guess. As it stands we can still set the price/value on these things. But, to know the value later on, I guess we will need that time machine someone mentioned a few posts back. There are those rare cases like this Os Mutantes album I own that is as much as the Nirvana Bleach record I own, one band is clearly the more sought after in terms of popularity, the other in terms of obscurity. Serious collectors know that it's generally supply and demand but there are exceptions to every rule.

I am not trying to be argumenative just posing questions and/or thoughts -- TMR is making "instant" collectibles and unforuntunatley you cannot decide collectibility without the time factor well because, time takes time. So, we will see. But IMO these things are not worth the going prices on ebay. And I doubt in 15 years they will even be worth half. This is the case where they sell for a lot now and people get their pound of flesh instantly (See K records and Sub pop for more examples) while the hype is on because everyone is into the company and Jack White. But, just you wait. Most times, it's the stuff that no one knew was going to be collectible that is :)
So, I'm confused. Are we supposed to set the price now through our buying habits or sit back and wait for them to depreciate? Should I buy low now or wait until later to buy lower? And you must already have a time machine to be able to make a blanket statement like "most of the bands on the label aren't beatle/dylan worthy" because most of these bands have had only one release. If all these bands suck and their records aren't going to be worth anything in 5 years then why the heck do you care if folks here pay current market value or at the very least what they feel a record is worth? If you don't want the records or the prices, why come on here and harp about either? I also take offense with the suggestion I/we aren't "real collectors" because we are seeking out TMR releases that are limited edition. Hello? This board is dedicated to collecting Jack White/TMR/etc.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Have you been dropping fanmail to The Vault lately?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

dylnfan wrote:Have you been dropping fanmail to The Vault lately?
:lol:
jbdamned
Little Bird

Post by jbdamned »

Actually, I have been.
The White Stripes: 3/13/99, 9/10/99, 11/2/01, 3/30/02, 8/9/02, 7/1/03, 7/2/03.
The Dead Weather: 4/18/10.
Wanda Jackson with Jack White on Guitar: 1/23/11.
Jack White: 4/30/12, 8/11/12, 6/10/14, 9/15/14, 2/4/15.
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

I agree it sucks people buy limited tmr records just to flip them on eBay but there are deals to be had. I've gotten many records from eBay I wouldn't have had the chance to get otherwise. Maybe I've paid more than I should have and who knows what these records will be worth in 15 years but it's something I want. As with anything it's only worth what you will pay and how much you want it. If you don't want to pay eBay prices don't. There's always trading. I have yet to trade on it but there is supposedly an amazing site/community for trading such records... it has some name... I think the words White and Swirl or something like are in the title I don't know for sure I can't remember the full name right now ;)
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I think there should be an occupyTMR to support your cause.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

3quid wrote:I think there should be an occupyTMR to support your cause.
there is. on every "Tris and split colors, C'mon on this is ridiculous!" day at TMR.
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

How did the Occupy Nashville curfew go over, Floyd?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

the OP, haha, what a sweet kid. i think he's a bernie sanders supporter.
he is everything i hate...