Ted Leo - Live at TMR

Your Turntable's Not Dead
love_islander
Little People

Re: Ted Leo - Live at TMR

Post by love_islander »

sjcapps07 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
sjcapps07 wrote:I can't remember exactly...after the show will we be able to pre-order the B&B? Or do we have to wait until the next day?
It is usually done the night of the performance, which is my impression
Ahh wonderful! Thanks. I knew they did that for Racontwoers, but since that was the afternoon I thought it might've been different. Will the whole shop be open, or just the pre-orders?
someone more qualified will be able to help here, but again, my impression from all the reports is that it normally is open at the time
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

You will be able to order your record from the store as soon as the show is over, or you have three days, if you can come back. Show your stamped ticket to the cashier, they will take your $ and then the waiting begins. You will have no troubles!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Alabama Woody wrote:You will be able to order your record from the store as soon as the show is over, or you have three days, if you can come back. Show your stamped ticket to the cashier, they will take your $ and then the waiting begins. You will have no troubles!
so many loop holes in that system btw, i think its a very fair system dont get me wrong but loop holes for sure
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Well, they have a special third man stamp they use at the door when you get in, and when you go to buy it they initial the card so you can't use it again. Granted, you could buy a bunch of tickets and go in with lots of people, but if you show up wanting to buy 5 black and blues I'm sure they'd raise an eyebrow...same if you came in multiple times over a few days wanting black and blues..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Well, they have a special third man stamp they use at the door when you get in, and when you go to buy it they initial the card so you can't use it again. Granted, you could buy a bunch of tickets and go in with lots of people, but if you show up wanting to buy 5 black and blues I'm sure they'd raise an eyebrow...same if you came in multiple times over a few days wanting black and blues..
for 5678s, i went back the next day to pay for mine and my friend's b&b (he was at the show with me) and they wouldn't let me buy his.
he is everything i hate...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Yeah come to think of it, I did that once for my wife and they wouldn't let me, even though they know both of us.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Pretty good show, he held his own, considering he was solo. Just him and his guitars.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... ords-51011

Here's a nice little review of the show for you via Nashville Cream. It was another interesting show at TMR. I actually got into Ted Leo + Pharmacists about the same time I got into the White Stripes, but I haven't seen him live since 2003. It would have been awesome to have a full band performance and I kept hearing it in my head as he played, but just him solo was terrific. The stage banter was pretty funny, especially the Paul Stanley impression. I say it every time, but TMR puts on the best shows. Every show I leave feeling like I saw something special, as opposed to a "well, it's Nashville tonight so fuck it". Haha. Not every band does that, but you do see it a lot.

I've also seriously got to meet some of you guys that go to most of the shows. I go to almost every one, and I find it impossible to meet people from the forum. Had the pleasure of meeting Alabama Woody last night though. Did anyone else here make it out or what?
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

I was uncertain as to what to expect from him because I didn't know how all of his songs with the Pharmacists would translate with it just being him and a guitar. I was really pleasantly surprised. Although I was very sad that "Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone?" will not be on the B+B.
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

ellisintransit wrote:http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville ... ords-51011

Here's a nice little review of the show for you via Nashville Cream. It was another interesting show at TMR. I actually got into Ted Leo + Pharmacists about the same time I got into the White Stripes, but I haven't seen him live since 2003. It would have been awesome to have a full band performance and I kept hearing it in my head as he played, but just him solo was terrific. The stage banter was pretty funny, especially the Paul Stanley impression. I say it every time, but TMR puts on the best shows. Every show I leave feeling like I saw something special, as opposed to a "well, it's Nashville tonight so fuck it". Haha. Not every band does that, but you do see it a lot.

I've also seriously got to meet some of you guys that go to most of the shows. I go to almost every one, and I find it impossible to meet people from the forum. Had the pleasure of meeting Alabama Woody last night though. Did anyone else here make it out or what?

Nice meeting you as well, see ya next time!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

One of my fav live @ TMR. Real Glenn Tilbrook vibe and likely the closest my fav artist will get to the blue room with Fisherman's blues cover. That's all.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.