Seasick Steve

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Seasick Steve

Post by Stl_ben »

From TMR.com
Two-Song Third Man Blue Series Single To Be Released Soon

Third Man Records proudly announce the signing of a one album North American record deal with California-born, Tennessee-reared UK sensation Seasick Steve.
Having previously made his way variously as farmhand, carnie, cowboy and hobo, Seasick Steve's unique arsenal of instruments includes the Three-String Trance Wonder (a custom-tuned three-string guitar with a Harmony pickup attached by duct tape that he's described occasionally as the "Biggest piece of shit in the world"), the One-Stringed Diddley Bow (don't ask) and the MDM or Mississippi Drum Machine (a wooden box stomped on to provide percussion).

Seasick Steve has risen to national prominence in the UK, where his albums including I Started Out With Nothing And I Still Got Most Of It Left and Man From Another Time have charted in the Top 10 and his sold out tours have featured headline gigs at such prestigious venues as the Royal Albert Hall, the Manchester Apollo, the Grand Opera House in Belfast, and appearances at the Reading, Leeds and Glastonbury festivals.

Seasick Steve's forthcoming album will be released later this year in North America via Third Man Records and will be preceded by a two-song single for the label's Blue Series. The agreement came about when Steve presumptuously signed his name on a table in Jack White’s office to act as his contract. As a man with deep reverence for furniture, Jack White had no choice but to oblige.

He will also be playing a small run of U.S. gigs prior to the album's release, including March 17 at the Belmont lounge in Austin TX, March 31 at the Wonder Ballroom in Portland OR, April 4 at Slim's in San Francisco, April 5 at the Blank Club in San Jose, and April 7 at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: Seasick Steve

Post by elduderino »

is this the single that's being released two days ago?
he is everything i hate...
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I highly doubt it. "Soon" for Third Man doesn't mean the same as when other people say it.
Has everything you said today been true?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Where did you find this press release? I went to Ye Olde TMR site and cannot find....
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

woooo an la show. I've been wanting to see this guy for quite a while...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

woodisgood wrote:Where did you find this press release? I went to Ye Olde TMR site and cannot find....
Very first thing at Thirdmanrecords.com/news
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Stl_ben wrote:
woodisgood wrote:Where did you find this press release? I went to Ye Olde TMR site and cannot find....
Very first thing at Thirdmanrecords.com/news
I am assuming the releases the week are we are hex and pokey lafarge bc the released them at sxsw.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Moller72 wrote: I am assuming the releases the week are we are hex and pokey lafarge bc the released them at sxsw.
Yeah, they are online now.
Has everything you said today been true?
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Day has just been made .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Really looking forward to this. I keep skipping over Jack's set on the NPR clip and playing SS over and over again. Would love to see him live.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
gfjungle
Little Cream Soda

Post by gfjungle »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Really looking forward to this. I keep skipping over Jack's set on the NPR clip and playing SS over and over again. Would love to see him live.
Steve is the man he made me :oops:
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

They put some pics on the vault of the RRS, and I love this one.

If you look through the reflection in the window, you can see Jack inside grinning while he watches Seasick Steve perform.

DBCooper
Little Acorn

Post by DBCooper »

runofthemill wrote:They put some pics on the vault of the RRS, and I love this one.

If you look through the reflection in the window, you can see Jack inside grinning while he watches Seasick Steve perform.

you guys look like twins
That can go now.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I have to say, a TMR release of this guy is the most exciting thing I've seen outside some DW releases for me. While I've enjoyed a lot of the artist, none really hit a home run with me until I watched this guy play.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

This is definitley the best news out of TMR in a while. I bought most of the last releases just to complete the catalogue, but I will actually listen to this one ;)
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat