The Third Man Rolling Record Store

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Beb9913
Little Cream Soda

Re: The Third Man Rolling Record Store

Post by Beb9913 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
image.jpg
Something like this. But prettier in person.

Ugh! I need that!
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Here is a pic of mine. Oil slick in mud is a pretty good way to describe it. And Ara is right, it looks much cooler in person.

Heres a pic of the Kelley Stoltz, I havent seen one of those posted yet either.

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Thank you they both look gorgeous!
Now, how do they SOUND? ;)
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Most excited to get the new Stoltz LP on clear. Have yet to hear the album, color me 'Double Excited'! SSS Looks neat, too!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ara, why'd you crop that photo?? I haven't had a chance to listen to my SSS yet, but really do love the way the record and sleeve go together so well.

For those folks like me who haven't yet gotten an RRS mason jar and want one-- They were out yesterday, and Dani isn't sure that they're going to get anymore.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Those look great.
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

Did they sell out at all yesterday? Any word on how many they are selling each day at each stop?
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

getbehindmejack wrote:Did they sell out at all yesterday? Any word on how many they are selling each day at each stop?
Yesterday in DC they sold out of everything limited. They had 10 Kelley Stoltz clears, 20 Seasick Steve's, and a handful of leftover Mississippi Shieks.
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
getbehindmejack wrote:Did they sell out at all yesterday? Any word on how many they are selling each day at each stop?
Yesterday in DC they sold out of everything limited. They had 10 Kelley Stoltz clears, 20 Seasick Steve's, and a handful of leftover Mississippi Shieks.
Wow! Forget that. There's no way I'll be the first of 10 or 20 people, unless I leave now, and I can't leave work this early. Damn! I may head up there, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to get one. Thanks for the info!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

getbehindmejack wrote:
a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
Wow! Forget that. There's no way I'll be the first of 10 or 20 people, unless I leave now, and I can't leave work this early. Damn! I may head up there, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to get one. Thanks for the info!
Yeah depending on the city/release you need to line up 1-8 hours early.
The lines filled up the earliest for the JW Bolts (that I know of) but that was high demand and very low quantity at each release.
For the Sun re-issues and Pokey release when they had 100 to sell and lower demand you didn't have to get there early at all (though stupid me did).
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I was there at 9am yesterday and sat all by my lonesome for an hour until anonymousbrunette & fiendish_thingy got there to keep me company. By the time the RSS rolled up at 2, there were just about exactly 20 people in line.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Stl_ben wrote:
getbehindmejack wrote:
a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
Yeah depending on the city/release you need to line up 1-8 hours early.
The lines filled up the earliest for the JW Bolts (that I know of) but that was high demand and very low quantity at each release.
For the Sun re-issues and Pokey release when they had 100 to sell and lower demand you didn't have to get there early at all (though stupid me did).
Yeah, for WWTD last year in Philly, I was in line at 6am. By the time the truck got there, there were no less than 50 people in line. We'll see what happens today.
Kali Durga wrote:I was there at 9am yesterday and sat all by my lonesome for an hour until anonymousbrunette & fiendish_thingy got there to keep me company. By the time the RSS rolled up at 2, there were just about exactly 20 people in line.
You and I know all about keeping each other company! That's good news that there were 20 people in line at 2. I'm going to head up to Philly anyway! Wish me luck dudes and dudettes!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Craziest line that I know of would be for the JW Bolts at RRS in Nashville. People camped out after the Ryman show to get them (check with Nick for more details.)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Stl_ben wrote:Craziest line that I know of would be for the JW Bolts at RRS in Nashville. People camped out after the Ryman show to get them (check with Nick for more details.)
yeah, waited 26 hours for that one.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I'm surprised they are not getting more to sell. They sold really well. So many uses for a mason jar !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody