Conan at Third Man Records

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Conan at Third Man Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

Forgot to mention that I was able to thank both Ben Swank and Miles for donating the signed DVD that I won. Ben pointed to the new houseing that they are building right behind TMR..........It's for people in need. Talking of how some of the donated money gets used from the auctions and raffles and such. TMR's is helping the community..........another reason I love them. I gave some water bottles away to some people in need today, and paid an extra ten at the Methadone Clinic to a guy to watch my truck while I was there. (Meaning that I parked there.........) :geek:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Alabama Woody wrote:Hey, orangeshoes. I liked your write up. Thanks for putting in the time to share.

On the other hand, It's people like you that got there early, then let other people come all day and join you in line..............You and the others doing the same.............. is the reason that people like me.............. not all that far back............ didn't get in.

Glad you got your collectibles.
Oh I know, I felt bad about it. But we also talked to Swank and he said it was fine and if someone had a problem to send them to him, actually he came up and asked us where our other halves were since he knows that we are always there. When I got there I told the guy behind me I had a couple more coming and I had brought chairs for everyone and he was cool with it.

Glad you were still able to get the record and whatnot and still meet Conan.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGPl9ubeRSI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGPl9ubeRSI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Hey, orangeshoes. I liked your write up. Thanks for putting in the time to share.

On the other hand, It's people like you that got there early, then let other people come all day and join you in line..............You and the others doing the same.............. is the reason that people like me.............. not all that far back............ didn't get in.

Glad you got your collectibles.
Oh I know, I felt bad about it. But we also talked to Swank and he said it was fine and if someone had a problem to send them to him, actually he came up and asked us where our other halves were since he knows that we are always there. When I got there I told the guy behind me I had a couple more coming and I had brought chairs for everyone and he was cool with it.

Glad you were still able to get the record and whatnot and still meet Conan.
Well, I guess if you can't beat them, join them. I need to get your cell number so you can hold me a spot next time.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

i was just sitting here when i had a thought so who was that with jack in the promo video for this event as i remember everyone said it could be meg white ???
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Anything that resembles a female without red hair near jack thinks it's meg white... People are idiots sometimes. They want the White Stripes to come back so bad they go up to random people on the street for Meg's autograph. Remember when everyone thought meg might be in the black belles because she had BLACK hair and it was a GIRL band?

Farsightedness.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

hawke000 wrote:Anything that resembles a female without red hair near jack thinks it's meg white... People are idiots sometimes. They want the White Stripes to come back so bad they go up to random people on the street for Meg's autograph. Remember when everyone thought meg might be in the black belles because she had BLACK hair and it was a GIRL band?

Farsightedness.
yes i know what you mean i walked up to this person at my local chip shop for a autograph turns out it was just elvis working there (lol)
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

kevron6 wrote:All the people that did not get in were able to buy a split color right after the show. I got out of the show quickly in hopes if getting in the shop quickly to buy my split color and get home, but there was a line of about 100 people. I think TMR handled this very well with letting the folks who missed the show but stood in line buy the vinyl.
Fucking class act those folks at TMR. Now let the bitching commence about how those inside won't have a "limited enough LP." I keed, I keed! Damn I'm in a mood this AM! :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Alabama Woody wrote:Forgot to mention that I was able to thank both Ben Swank and Miles for donating the signed DVD that I won. Ben pointed to the new houseing that they are building right behind TMR..........It's for people in need. Talking of how some of the donated money gets used from the auctions and raffles and such. TMR's is helping the community..........another reason I love them. I gave some water bottles away to some people in need today, and paid an extra ten at the Methadone Clinic to a guy to watch my truck while I was there. (Meaning that I parked there.........) :geek:
You were definitely having fun - you forgot that I was the one that donated that item ;-)

TMR was very gracious - chipped in a copper Racs and a split color SOC. I won the Venus & Mars GC but it was apparently lost over the course of the evening. Dave contributed a pair of London Pop-up shirts and PeterG put up a pair of TDW posters. Then of course there's everyone who chipped in to buy a raffle ticket. I love it when people pull together for a good cause.

Oops, wrong thread.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Dave contributed a pair of London Pop-up shirts.
Damn! Another reason I should have said "fuck it" and not left early!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

tanzaib wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Anything that resembles a female without red hair near jack thinks it's meg white... People are idiots sometimes. They want the White Stripes to come back so bad they go up to random people on the street for Meg's autograph. Remember when everyone thought meg might be in the black belles because she had BLACK hair and it was a GIRL band?

Farsightedness.
yes i know what you mean i walked up to this person at my local chip shop for a autograph turns out it was just elvis working there (lol)
But he's a liar...
I miss Kirsty, she had such a great voice
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Forgot to mention that I was able to thank both Ben Swank and Miles for donating the signed DVD that I won. Ben pointed to the new houseing that they are building right behind TMR..........It's for people in need. Talking of how some of the donated money gets used from the auctions and raffles and such. TMR's is helping the community..........another reason I love them. I gave some water bottles away to some people in need today, and paid an extra ten at the Methadone Clinic to a guy to watch my truck while I was there. (Meaning that I parked there.........) :geek:
You were definitely having fun - you forgot that I was the one that donated that item ;-)

TMR was very gracious - chipped in a copper Racs and a split color SOC. I won the Venus & Mars GC but it was apparently lost over the course of the evening. Dave contributed a pair of London Pop-up shirts and PeterG put up a pair of TDW posters. Then of course there's everyone who chipped in to buy a raffle ticket. I love it when people pull together for a good cause.

Oops, wrong thread.
Huh? .......LOL!!
I had no idea where the prizes came from. I really had no idea there was even going to be a raffle. You know the story..........I just needed to go to the restroom. LOL

So you dontated the DVD? You will have to pm me and fill me in...........becasuse I'm clueless. On Monday I spent more time meeting and greeting with people than listening to the bands, I only saw the 1-10's. I missed out on any raffle talk, I had no idea what was going on. Hell, I would have dontated some items for the raffle myself.

Next year I will try to stay a lil more focused. sober
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Next year I will try to stay a lil more focused. sober
Where's the fun in that! ;)

- Cmelo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

dylnfan wrote:
I think me and you need to spend more time together next year................... :mrgreen:
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
I think me and you need to spend more time together next year................... :mrgreen:
Haha! Sounds good to me...one of my favorite pastimes! :D

- Cmelo