Conan at Third Man Records

Your Turntable's Not Dead
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Re: Conan at Third Man Records

Post by tanzaib »

icdvet wrote:
tanzaib wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Anything that resembles a female without red hair near jack thinks it's meg white... People are idiots sometimes. They want the White Stripes to come back so bad they go up to random people on the street for Meg's autograph. Remember when everyone thought meg might be in the black belles because she had BLACK hair and it was a GIRL band?

Farsightedness.
yes i know what you mean i walked up to this person at my local chip shop for a autograph turns out it was just elvis working there (lol)
But he's a liar...
I miss Kirsty, she had such a great voice
i agree i loved her on the pogues fairytale of new york too
one of the best xmas records ever...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Post by missterpickles »

Sounds incredible. To those that were there, how many people went and were not interested in a black and blue?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

missterpickles wrote:Sounds incredible. To those that were there, how many people went and were not interested in a black and blue?

I am not sure how many people just left after the show but I know I must of explained the whole concept no less than 20 times to the Conan only fans. Common questions were, "so we just go in the shop and buy the record, how did they record it and make an album so fast, what is a split color, what is a black and blue split color, etc...
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Yeah, I can't imagine too many of them would care, but the line was pretty long, but they were also selling everything else then too.
Most of the people there probably dont have a record player either, so they wouldn't even know what to do with it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Steve, my phone went dead last night and noticed a PM and missed calls. What's up?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
missterpickles
Little Cream Soda

Post by missterpickles »

That's not surprising I guess that a lot of them probably didn't buy a preorder for one. Still great exposure for TMR either way.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

kevron6 wrote:Steve, my phone went dead last night and noticed a PM and missed calls. What's up?
Do you mean me? My name is Scott. I had my wife pm you. I was just going to look you up when I got there, I was later than you.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Alabama Woody wrote:
kevron6 wrote:Steve, my phone went dead last night and noticed a PM and missed calls. What's up?
Do you mean me? My name is Scott. I had my wife pm you. I was just going to look you up when I got there, I was later than you.
damn I am terrible with names. I was in the alley with the first 30-40, sorry I missed you.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I know what you mean about names, takes me a while myself. I had brought a cooler with some drinks, I knew you had arrived early, so I was gonna share..........and see if I could jump line .........
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Alabama Woody wrote:I know what you mean about names, takes me a while myself. I had brought a cooler with some drinks, I knew you had arrived early, so I was gonna share..........and see if I could jump line .........

Really sorry you did not get in just read this article that estimated the line at 1000?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/201 ... htm?csp=34
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

kevron6 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:I know what you mean about names, takes me a while myself. I had brought a cooler with some drinks, I knew you had arrived early, so I was gonna share..........and see if I could jump line .........

Really sorry you did not get in just read this article that estimated the line at 1000?

I would guess 1000+ without question.When I got there at 1PM, the line stretched to the gate. I was basically in the road. Someone counted shortly after and put me in the 50-60 number. when they started lining up down the alley, someone else counted and said I was number 126. When I got up to the door, you could look to the right and see people still lined up on Drexel Street.

At one point people were lined up on 8th Ave.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=third+man ... 02068&z=19

At 6:45 or so, a group of people with homemade Team Coco signs and shirts came up to me at the end of the gate at the road and asked if we were the end of the line. I couldn't help but laugh.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

tanzaib wrote:record on sale now on third man
http://store.thirdmanrecords.com/conanl ... rdman.aspx
Wonder why such an early pre-sale...capitalizing on the buzz I guess. Those folks at TMR aren't idiots.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

kevron6 wrote:

No problem, I still had fun. I'm looking forward to listening to the record when it comes in. I got there around 4:30, so I was screwed from the get go. Jack and Lil Jack walked right past me and I scored some vinyl and met Conan and got his autograph. Good times. Ran into Pugface and his girl, Andy from URP. I had fun.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »