Your Turntable's Not Dead
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Vault Party Update

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dylnfan wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
stoutr wrote:Mark,
Please let me know how you catagorize/organize your collection.
Autobiographical.
If I want to find the song "Truth Doesn't Make a Noise" by The White Stripes I have to remember that I quoted the lyrics in anger at someone in the summer of 2006 pile.
LOL!!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
80sskatebetty
Little Cream Soda

Post by 80sskatebetty »

Honestly I have just sat down to read this for the first time since my return to California, and have only made it halfway through thus far.

I would like to apologize for the food. It was a misunderstanding between myself and Jack's BBQ. When I was initially pricing out caterers they gave me a quote for 2 days instead of three. I did not notice this. It was a couple of Grand (do-able) but when I caught the mistake and got a new quote it was $6,000.00. NOT do-able. At that point it was a day before leaving for the party. I spent most of my days there trying to find another caterer on short notice. I couldn't. Because I promised to feed everyone I did what I could. Next year the food is out.

I will not apologize for anything else about the weekend.

There are some good suggestions for next year by Grim and many others. Thanks! I would like to form a committee or "BOD" for next years party. Ara and others were extremely helpful throughout the weekend. Giant hugs to you!

To everyone at TMR; I can't thank you enough. You didn't have to do ANYTHING for us and you did something incredible.

Hope to see some of you next year!

Heather
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

80sskatebetty wrote:Honestly I have just sat down to read this for the first time since my return to California, and have only made it halfway through thus far.

I would like to apologize for the food. It was a misunderstanding between myself and Jack's BBQ. When I was initially pricing out caterers they gave me a quote for 2 days instead of three. I did not notice this. It was a couple of Grand (do-able) but when I caught the mistake and got a new quote it was $6,000.00. NOT do-able. At that point it was a day before leaving for the party. I spent most of my days there trying to find another caterer on short notice. I couldn't. Because I promised to feed everyone I did what I could. Next year the food is out.

There are some good suggestions for next year by Grim and many others. Thanks! I would like to form a committee or "BOD" for next years party. Ara and others were extremely helpful throughout the weekend. Giant hugs to you!

To everyone at TMR; I can't thank you enough. You didn't have to do ANYTHING for us and you did something incredible.

Heather
Thanks for all you did.
I don't know how you could have done more.
I thought it was perfect.
See you next year.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

80sskatebetty wrote:I will not apologize for anything else about the weekend.
Nor should you. Enjoyed myself thoroughly...thanks so much! :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
scarletamiee76
Little Bird

Post by scarletamiee76 »

dylnfan wrote:
stoutr wrote:Mark,
Please let me know how you catagorize/organize your collection.
Autobiographical.
That surely is some "High Fidelity"! Excellent Collection! :D
I'm just gettin' my space together before I go into the show...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Grimtale wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Now see, we were up 'til 3:30 Monday night. Why weren't we hanging out together. I call shotgun next year.
Because I'm old and lame...had to head back to Indy immediately after the TMR sale to pick up my kids (the kind with four legs and tails). RE next year, you got it. :)
Oh I'm there. I'd like to see a swap and shop session setup each day before the party. Maybe from 3-5 in the parking lot.
People could setup a table and trade cool stuff. Just an idea.
Cause you all know, I'm all about filling my basement with vinyl and collectibles...

-Grim
With a collection like that..................makes me want to see a picture of your stereo system(s). Do share.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:With a collection like that..................makes me want to see a picture of your stereo system(s). Do share.
It's around here somewhere...trust me, it fits the collection. 8-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Alabama Woody wrote: With a collection like that..................makes me want to see a picture of your stereo system(s). Do share.
Here is a small snippit of it.
I'm a tube gear junkie... this is my office system. I love it, wish I could let you all hear it.
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Heather sounds like you did a fine job to me even though I could only make it for the sale. One piece of advice to you. I would keep the committee very small and assign each of them a task. If you get a bunch involved it will be a nightmare. Small teams work much better and there has to be a leader. Sounds like you learned quite a bit and kudos to you for sticking your neck out and trying something that no one else was willing to tackle.

80sskatebetty wrote:Honestly I have just sat down to read this for the first time since my return to California, and have only made it halfway through thus far.

Heather
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Grimtale wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote: With a collection like that..................makes me want to see a picture of your stereo system(s). Do share.
Here is a small snippit of it.
I'm a tube gear junkie... this is my office system. I love it, wish I could let you all hear it.
-Grim
Fuck Sakes!!!!

Nice.

Very Nice.

Need all the details, I see MacIntosh.....I see tubes.

What kind of speakers are those?

Thankyou for sharing.

I'll post some pictures of my stuff, everybody else should.
Maybe a new thread, or is there an old one with electronics?
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Heather
I think committee's or BOD's would just "screw" it all up. How about you just get some more help so you don't have to do everything.
I would pay to come as usual and offer to help. Atleast help with the table up front.
I offered to help. A couple of times, sent you my number! I offered to buy you lunch. All you kept saying was no and to go have fun.
Drop the food or keep it the same, a person could survive on the food you provided. I had one slice of pizza, it was pretty good. There was plenty for everyone.
You can't please everyone. That's all I've got left to say about it. Don't change anything.
Well DO Change one thing. We need Brendan Benson.

I'm visioning Dex and Sara, Dan Sartain, and Brendan Benson. Vault Party #2
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
80sskatebetty
Little Cream Soda

Post by 80sskatebetty »

Thanks, Kev. I was totally honest all along and said that it was a tremendous learning experience. Great advice, and I agree, the committee will be small and I have a few ideas already of who will be involved. Cheers!
80sskatebetty
Little Cream Soda

Post by 80sskatebetty »

Hahaha! Like I said the committee will be very small, but it is needed. I do want the majority to have fun!

AND I did contact Brendan's agent!! I contacted hundreds of agents. Brendan, understandably, wanted to be home with his new child and wife and take a break. His Agent told me to contact for next year ;)

It was great to meet you and thank you for the offer of help!

Alabama Woody wrote:

Heather
I think committee's or BOD's would just "screw" it all up. How about you just get some more help so you don't have to do everything.
I would pay to come as usual and offer to help. Atleast help with the table up front.
I offered to help. A couple of times, sent you my number! I offered to buy you lunch. All you kept saying was no and to go have fun.
Drop the food or keep it the same, a person could survive on the food you provided. I had one slice of pizza, it was pretty good. There was plenty for everyone.
You can't please everyone. That's all I've got left to say about it. Don't change anything.
Well DO Change one thing. We need Brendan Benson.

I'm visioning Dex and Sara, Dan Sartain, and Brendan Benson. Vault Party #2
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:We need Brendan Benson. I'm visioning Dex and Sara, Dan Sartain, and Brendan Benson. Vault Party #2
Saw Brendan do a solo in-store, followed up by a gig w/the touring band, a couple months ago. Good stuff. Would need a bigger venue, but I'm sure we could make it happen. ;)

- Cmelo
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

80sskatebetty wrote:Thanks, Kev. I was totally honest all along and said that it was a tremendous learning experience. Great advice, and I agree, the committee will be small and I have a few ideas already of who will be involved. Cheers!

Women are way better at planning stuff, keep the dudes out of it they can never get along.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.