Dan Sartain

Your Turntable's Not Dead
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Dan Sartain

Post by HappyDad »

I looked at the Third Man Records subforum topics 5 times and couldn't find the Dan Sartain topic. This is a crying shame :lol:

Dan Sartain is my favorite Blue Serie (and maybe TMR release) so far and I will be forever thankful toward TMR for making me discover him.

Dan Sartain was part of the TMR blue serie (TMR011) with a two tracks single (Bohemian Grove/Atheist Funeral).

For more informations as complete discography and where to buy his "old" 7"s (as Who's to say and cass records Gun vs Knife) check my Dan Sartain blog : http://dansartain.blogspot.com/

The two TMR tracks will be included in his 2010 forthcoming album !!!!
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Dan Sartain

Post by trickster »

LA popup "bizarro" version limited to 100 copies
ImageImage

London popup Halloween version limited to 100 copies in gitd vinyl
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Thanks for the pics Panos, will be on the blog soon ^^
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

HappyDad wrote:Thanks for the pics Panos, will be on the blog soon ^^
I can get some better quality pics of the bizarro as soon as I get back home
These are from eBay listings and look blurry
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

I had the privilege to see Mr. Sartain open up for the Dirtbombs. We even made plans to do a single with Pug Face Records... but for whatever reason, we both stopped corresponded and I eventually simply dropped the idea of it.
He's a real cool dude, though.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Shame .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Want to legaly download Ruby Carol from the forthcoming Dan album ?

All is explained here.
--> JUST HERE
mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

The answer to that is yes. I am digging the new Sartain-centric-ness happy dad.
HappyDad wrote:Want to legaly download Ruby Carol from the forthcoming Dan album ?

All is explained here.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

The guy on the back of the TMR sleeve looks like John Hentch.
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Thanks to BenB I posted on the blog some really cool pics of rare Dan records. I also started to post the posters (lot to white stripes poster to come then).

More news about the next album to come soon I hope (these days, we was doing the video for the Atheist Funeral single).
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Dan talking about WS and collecting/collectors:
PB : You recorded some of the new songs in London’s Toerag Studios> How did that come about?

DS : Well, some people at the record label were all stoked about it and telling me there’s this guy and we were going to ask him to work with you, and he’s done this, he’s done this, is this ok? And I was like yeah, whatever, you know, cynical about it, White Stripes, whatever - I don’t dislike the White Stripes but I’m not a huge personal fan of them, or Holly Golightly for that matter, Billy Childish, all of the stuff that he’s (Liam Watson, Toerag‘s owner) done, I haven’t really sat there and rocked out to it. But when I met the guy and checked out his studio, and talked to him and went through all his stuff, it was just me and him and we talked about these records, and it’s like, alright, well if you know exactly what I’m talking about when I talk about a certain part on a Gene Vincent record, you’re probably pretty good to work with. It’s kind of hard working with him too, because we’d just end up nerding out and talking about records, but that’s really the only hard part about it.

PB : Do you consider yourself a music nerd?

DS : I’m more of a comic book nerd, myself, but there’s record nerds who definitely wouldn’t consider me a record nerd. I can’t stand it. You’re out on tour all the time, and if you’re touring with a bunch of musicians if you have some free time you inevitably end up in a record store. I fucking hate that. I hate shopping for records. I can’t just go to a record store and look around until I find something. I have something in particular in mind, and if they don’t have it I leave. I’m pretty particular about what I like though. I don’t like very much music. I’m definitely a critic of music, but I don’t think I’m a music nerd. I can nerd out with other guys but as far as my collection goes - serious collectors will buy three copies of a record, one to trade, one to listen to and one to keep sealed. I’m definitely not one of those guys. I’m much more like that about my comic books.
The whole interview here.
Other interviews here (you already know where you will go if you click on this link...).
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

nice read Clems!
Thanks for sharing
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

trickster wrote:nice read Clems!
Thanks for sharing
Go tell you love for me and my work in the comments of the blog :mrgreen:
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

HappyDad wrote:
trickster wrote:nice read Clems!
Thanks for sharing
Go tell you love for me and my work in the comments of the blog :mrgreen:
:lol: ok
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

A mock up of the next Dan single cover, Atheist Funeral is available on the blog.
--> JUST HERE