Third Man Pressing

Your Turntable's Not Dead
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man Pressing

Post by rsimms3 »

Not mine, I'm using mine for a blood sacrifice later.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

What happens if we're still in line to buy records when our tour slot rolls around?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Just received a hand written confirmation of my tour time signed and delivered by Jack himself. Said I was the nicest superfan he's ever met waiting in line for a TMR event.
And I just bid on your eBay auction for that hand-written, signed, and hand-delivered confirmation.
Please tell me you're serious and someone is actually selling something like this one ebay...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:What happens if we're still in line to buy records when our tour slot rolls around?
This store is a lot bigger, so they can let in more people than Nashville, so I assume you'll be fine, but in that situation I would leave the records and go hit up the tour. I am assuming there will be plenty of the records available all day long..
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:What happens if we're still in line to buy records when our tour slot rolls around?
This store is a lot bigger, so they can let in more people than Nashville, so I assume you'll be fine, but in that situation I would leave the records and go hit up the tour. I am assuming there will be plenty of the records available all day long..
Yeah, that one's a no-brainer, I would say.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Anyone got guesses on what all these releases will cost? Wondering if things may be cheaper since it's all in house....or higher to cover those big machines.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Stl_ben wrote:Anyone got guesses on what all these releases will cost? Wondering if things may be cheaper since it's all in house....or higher to cover those big machines.
It's tough to say. I would initially say higher because that's what seems to happen, but it should even out. The profit margin from an external pressing plant would be eliminated however the economies of scale would be eliminated and there would still need to be internal profit for the pressing plant, I can't imagine they run it solely as an operating cost.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Anyone got guesses on what all these releases will cost? Wondering if things may be cheaper since it's all in house....or higher to cover those big machines.
It's tough to say. I would initially say higher because that's what seems to happen, but it should even out. The profit margin from an external pressing plant would be eliminated however the economies of scale would be eliminated and there would still need to be internal profit for the pressing plant, I can't imagine they run it solely as an operating cost.
What has been the going rate on "limited" LP variants lately? $50?
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

What, is Jack trying to get some street cred back or something? The Mummies!? Oblivians!? Someone's getting PAID!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

So stabs in the dark...
White Stripes / MC5 / Stooges Lps - $50 each
Split 12" & Johnson Family LP - $30 each
7"s - $20 each

Total for Records - $250
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:So stabs in the dark...
White Stripes / MC5 / Stooges Lps - $50 each
Split 12" & Johnson Family LP - $30 each
7"s - $20 each

Total for Records - $250
Fuck, that's not even including posters...

I am not getting all the records...That's just so much money..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm surprised they haven't yet announced a bunch of new clothes and other merch yet, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I'm surprised they haven't yet announced a bunch of new clothes and other merch yet, too.
:shh: I don't have any more money for that
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I highly doubt the WS/MC5/Stooges LPs will be $50 each. Maybe Stooges will be more because it's a double LP but $50 is steep for something they are trying to get people in the door to buy. You can charge more while selling less or charge less while selling more. For an event like this, I'd think they'd go with the latter. The WS splits were $50 each but there was a specific number produced for those, these I haven't seen anything about the numbers being limited except for the day of sale. Tricolors are limited to 150 pieces at $15 each last I heard (or is it $20 now?) If the single LPs are more than $25 each I'll probably skip the MC5 and Stooges records sticking with the WS releases. I'd rather buy other swag than those two records. There's a Rob Jones poster to be considered for purchase, if you're into that sort of thing....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Oh, and speaking of posters... I have a ridiculous number of poster tubes in my kitchen so I'm going to throw them in the trunk of my car and bring them with me to Detroit. If anyone needs one on Saturday, come find me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."