Third Man Pressing

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man Pressing

Post by Kali Durga »

Jamie wrote:A friend of mine's mum is going. My friend said she'd apparently have enjoyed the tour but didn't see it until tickets had sold out.
That's awesome. Makes me wish I did have an extra.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Those screenprinted Stripes covers are vibrant! Those will be on my ISO, for sure.
Where are these photos at?!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Those screenprinted Stripes covers are vibrant! Those will be on my ISO, for sure.
Third Man's Instagram. I don't know how to link the image here.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
No worries, Ill find it when I get off work.
Just too many random places to look for the info....and none of it is posted in the vault!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Stl_ben wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
No worries, Ill find it when I get off work.
Just too many random places to look for the info....and none of it is posted in the vault!
there's also a thirdmanpressing account as well with a few extra photos
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Stl_ben wrote: Just too many random places to look for the info....and none of it is posted in the vault!
This drives me nuts. The Vault is the first place I usually look, and while I know this is not a Vault event, it would be helpful to know that there's ONE place where you can be sure to get up-to-date info. But they have events that get posted first on Facebook that aren't posted on the Vault, releases you hear about first on Instagram, tweets and retweets about things that may be of immediate interest and may be of no interest at all . . .
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Aquamarine wrote:
Stl_ben wrote: Just too many random places to look for the info....and none of it is posted in the vault!
This drives me nuts. The Vault is the first place I usually look, and while I know this is not a Vault event, it would be helpful to know that there's ONE place where you can be sure to get up-to-date info. But they have events that get posted first on Facebook that aren't posted on the Vault, releases you hear about first on Instagram, tweets and retweets about things that may be of immediate interest and may be of no interest at all . . .
The Swirl seems to be lighting up again. I'll certainly share things I hear about over here, I'm sure others will as well. I get what you're saying, I miss having a central spot for updates and chatter. This place has the best setup. The moderators are fair and all the conversations stick around for future generations. haha
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
Yeah, this is frustrating. My buddy was sending me photos last night of items they are selling and I had no idea where he even got them because it was just random posts everywhere...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Got on Instagram last night and those do look so nice.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Third Man is the only reason I'm even on Instagram, and they were initially the reason I started on Twitter. Then I discovered Mick Collins' Twitter feed and my life took a serious left turn.

But, yeah, following all of TMR's multiple things is a lot of work.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Just schedule my tour time. They run every 10 minutes so they will get quite a few folks in and out it sounds. Looking forward to it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:Just schedule my tour time. They run every 10 minutes so they will get quite a few folks in and out it sounds. Looking forward to it.
Really? They told me they took about 15-20 mins to do. So they must be starting a new one once the group ahead gets half way...shit...10 people per tour...6 tours per hour for 3 hours...$20 a person.

Looks like they made $3,600 before even opening the place or selling a product..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

What time did everyone get? I am at 1pm.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote: Looks like they made $3,600 before even opening the place or selling a product..
But there is a product, GOODIE BAGS!
With 10 at a time, 6 times and hour, for 3 hours....that makes 180 goodie bags. That would be a good number for like an exclusive tricolor?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote: Looks like they made $3,600 before even opening the place or selling a product..
But there is a product, GOODIE BAGS!
With 10 at a time, 6 times and hour, for 3 hours....that makes 180 goodie bags. That would be a good number for like an exclusive tricolor?
TRRRUUUUUU :D