TMR's Devil's Night 2015

Your Turntable's Not Dead
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: TMR's Devil's Night 2015

Post by dcmak5 »

Kali Durga wrote: Oh, and does anyone know of anything fun going on Halloween night in Nashville?
Track One in the wedgewood houston neighborhood is having a videoart exhibition.
There's at least one band playing
http://seedspace.org/deep-play-fun-house-open-call

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... MN1jjaGVJQ
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Anything not band or drinking related? I'm gonna see a handful of bands at TMR Friday night, would like to do something else Saturday night.

I got all excited reading a Nashville Scene review of a ballet of Dracula, but then saw that it was only showing through the 24th. Would have loved to to have seen that on Halloween night.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Johnny Cash museum if you haven't already.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

The main focus of that exhibition will definitely be the art, but I'll keep an eye out for more stuff going on
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Have done the Cash Museum, but could always do it again 'cause it's great. I've got a whole list of things to do while I'm there, but was hoping to find something specifically Halloween-related for Saturday night. That Deep Play Fun House exhibit may go on my list for during the day, though.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

You could come to my house on the Sunday. It's my birthday. Jelly & Ice Cream with my girls. That could be really scary
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I bought a ticket Sunday.
Gonna make my 7th trip to Nashville ..... This month !
Looking forward to seeing you Kali. Once I figure out my costume situation,
you know the real cool one I'm going to come up with that only cost about $20,
I'll pm you so you know who/what I am.
Should be a blast :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Family coming, too, Woody? It'll be nice to see you all again, so do be sure to tell me what/who to look for :)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Just me this year, They aren't too excited about the punk rock groups plus we've been all over the place lately.
I like me some live punk so I'm headed there once again for Halloween festivities.
Looking forward to seeing you again. I'm just going to be there that night and drive back home.
Headed up tomorrow to see Chris Cornell !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Details are up-- http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/devils- ... -oriented/
HOWDY FOLKS. IF YOU'RE READING THIS, THAT MEANS YOU SURVIVED THE WOLF EYES INSTAGRAM TAKEOVER AKA "UNFOLLOWGATE." WASN'T THAT FUN??? I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF TIMMY'S ORGANISM AND VIDEO HAD A TURN AT THE WHEEL? HMMM...

ANYWAY, DEVIL'S NIGHT (SOLD OUT) IS FAST APPROACHING (YEAH, IT'S THIS FRIDAY, HOLY MOSTACCIOLI) AND IT'S PROBABLY BEST FOR YOU TO PREP WHATEVER'S LEFT OF THAT DECREPIT VIBE YOU CALL A SOUL AND READ CLOSE FOR SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS.

FIRST, IT IS OUR ESTEEMED PLEASURE TO CONFIRM THAT OUR HOST FOR THE EVENING IS THE ORIGINAL QUEEN OF NOISE, CHERIE CURRIE, FORMER LEAD SINGER OF THE RUNAWAYS! DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE.

SECOND, SINCE THERE'S NO ENTRY GRANTED TO ANYONE WITHOUT A COSTUME (OR A PHOTO ID), IT'S ONLY RIGHT AND NATURAL TO PIT POPEYE VS. PINOCCHIO IN A NO HOLDS BARRED COSTUME CONTEST, COMPLETE WITH GILDED POLYMER TROPHIES FOR FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD PLACE. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER ALL BANDS HAVE PLAYED AND SPECIAL PRIZES WILL FOLLOW. HEHEHE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF GARB! THE COSTUME-WEARER DEEMED #1-IN-THE-BUNCH WILL WIN THE MOST MEGA PRIZE PACK WE CAN THINK OF: THE BLUE RIBBON TROPHY, A SET OF ALL THREE LIMITED EDITION #AUDIOSOCIALDISSENT RECORDS (MORE ON THAT LATER), A TOUR OF THIRD MAN RECORDS HEADQUARTERS, AND A $100 GIFT CARD.

THIRD, HEHEHE, OUR DEAR FRIEND AND SPIRITUS RECTOR WILLIAM KEIHN WAS KEIHND ENOUGH TO CONJURE A TRULY MARVELOUS POSTER FOR THE EVENT. WE HERE AT TMR HAVE LONG RESPECTED BOTH HIS MIND AND HIS #TMAPPROVED AESTHETIC SO, NEEDLESS TO SAY, WE ARE SMILING. THE POSTER WILL BE AVAILABLE IN TWO COLORS, BOTH IN AN EDITION OF FIFTY: POLICE LIGHT BLUE AND SAFETY CONE ORANGE. DON'T SNOOZE ON THIS.

DevilsNightPoster
FOURTH, WE'LL ALSO BE OFFERING AN ARRAY OF ONE-TIME ONLY SOUVENIRS BASED ON THE KEIHN DESIGN. ARE YOU WISE TO THIS?

DevilsNight Sticker orange DevilsNight Tshirt DevilsNight Buttons DevilsNight Cup click thumbnails to enlarge
FIFTH, PLEASE PARK IN THE MISSION PARKING LOT ACROSS THE STREET FROM TMR. PARK IN THE STREETS TOO. COME HANG EARLY AND GET THAT SWEET SPOT THATS ALWAYS ELUDED YOU. A TARDY PUNK IS A VEXED PUNK. AND LOOK. HAVE FUN. BE SAFE BUT NOT TOO SAFE.

SIXTH, LEST YOU FORGET, THIS IS A RELEASE SHOW FOR NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE BEAUTIFULLY TERRIFYING RELEASES FROM VIDEO, TIMMY'S ORGANISM, AND WOLF EYES. SO, YES, THIS MEANS THE LIMITED EDITION VERSIONS OF THESE RECORDS WILL BE FOR SALE AT THE EVENT AND ARE AS FOLLOWS— VIDEO THE ENTERTAINERS: BOOTLEG EDITION (Painted, screen printed, and assembled by hand at TMR headquarters. Made from dollar bin records turned inside out. Five variations exist: black, blue, green, red, and blank. Includes an exclusive newsprint poster.); WOLF EYES I AM A PROBLEM: MIND IN PIECES: BUTTERCREAM VINYL; TIMMY'S ORGANISM HEARTLESS HEATHEN: VULGAR VINYL (Mixed color vinyl).

HERE'S THE SCHEDULE...

7:00-8:30pm: Doors, Grill Out (Hot Dogs, Veggie Dogs, Burgers!), Specialty Devil's Night Cocktails, Free S'mores from Bang Candy, Photo Op with Third Man photographer Angelina Castillo
8:30-9:00pm: Host Introduction
8:30-9:00pm: Essential Tremors
9:00-9:15pm: DJ/Changeover
9:15-9:55pm: VIDEO
9:55-10:15pm: DJ/Changeover
10:15-10:55pm: Timmy's Organism
10:55-11:10pm: DJ/Changeover
11:10-12:00am: Wolf Eyes
12:00-12:15pm: Host Farewell / Costume Contest Winners
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

ISO - Set of Pins/Buttons.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Depending on how many sets they let us buy, I could probably help you out with that.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Note the clarification on the limited edition for the Video record:
VIDEO THE ENTERTAINERS: BOOTLEG EDITION (Painted, screen printed, and assembled by hand at TMR headquarters. Made from dollar bin records turned inside out. Five variations exist: black, blue, green, red, and blank cover art. Black vinyl. Includes an exclusive newsprint poster.)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Good clarification.
shadynuts
Little Cream Soda

Post by shadynuts »

Can't wait !!!