Pics taken from eBay auction

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: New Detroit Branch

Post by rsimms3 »

Unadvertised special...ask for GITD Jack White baseball item.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Unadvertised special...ask for GITD Jack White baseball item.
The girl who waited on me today asked if I wanted the baseball card, but I said no because I already have two. She didn't say anything about glow in the dark. Hmmm. May need to leave a little late tomorrow and swing by the store again before I hit the road...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Don't bother, they don't glow in the dark. Not sure why they said that.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Alright alright alright. Headed over to the store today. It was a good experience for the first time. Busy but not crushingly so. The space is really nice, I'll try to cover stuff not covered elsewhere. The layout is a little weird with the wide stairway and how it is situated and the stage being part of the retail floor. Large curved HD or 4k TV hanging on the wall showing videos of TMR bands from the White Stripes to the Gories to Olivia Jean. Looked pretty damn good. Lots of records, all the usual TMR stuff plus the new Tamla stuff. Dedicated section for Sun Records reissues. The large Tesla tower in the front area has outlets so you can charge your phone if you are going to hang out all day there. Outlets, not USB charging ports.... They have the Recording Booth which is more original than the one in Nashville. Not cutaway to see the record being made or during playback. I chose to wait to do this, I didn't have something prepared. Next time. The Mold-A-Rama was giving them absolute fits. About 1 in 7 was coming out in good shape. I was informed a new mold of the RRS is being made that is smaller and should work better with the plastic injection system. They had a dedicated area where you could play the 3 string guitars and try out the Bumble Buzz. But....they weren't just any amps. They were Jack's touring amps from 2003-2007. So, if you want to get your rock star on, Detroit TMR is the place! Instead of the Monkey Band they have the house band the Syncopators! An animatronic band that plays along with the track you select on a familiar looking jukebox..... :wink: I saw the chair. I sat in the chair. It's a chair. No one had tried to rip it open yet to find any hidden records.

Jack's Amps, Jack's Amps, store record playback, store record playback (NOT THE LISTENING BOOTH), the Syncopators
Image Image Image Image Image

Merch - Sold out of the poster and the paint by numbers WS singles. Had plenty of Jack Wood and Tamla records. They were also selling the Jack White baseball cards that were previously available at TMR. I think at least. I need to check the edition number on the one I bought today vs. what was sold then. They called it a "glow in the dark" item and it says that on my receipt but nothing about it glows in the dark. They still had some available today when I left, just ask for them. Oh, and Monster brand headphones. Pictures of merch below.

Notepads, grand opening picture card set, air freshener, 3" magnet, 3" sticker, 1" pin
Image Image Image

Monster headphones, Monster headphones, ladies T-shirt, unisex t-shirt, baseball card, and Mold-A-Rama RRS
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Good description. I have a bunch of photos but won't be able to upload them til I get home. And even though the baseball card doesn't glow in the dark, I still have to go back in the morning before I leave because two of the t-shirts I bought are HUGE on me. I hope they'll do an exchange...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

rsimms3 wrote:Alright alright alright. Headed over to the store today. It was a good experience for the first time. Busy but not crushingly so. The space is really nice, I'll try to cover stuff not covered elsewhere. The layout is a little weird with the wide stairway and how it is situated and the stage being part of the retail floor. Large curved HD or 4k TV hanging on the wall showing videos of TMR bands from the White Stripes to the Gories to Olivia Jean. Looked pretty damn good. Lots of records, all the usual TMR stuff plus the new Tamla stuff. Dedicated section for Sun Records reissues. The large Tesla tower in the front area has outlets so you can charge your phone if you are going to hang out all day there. Outlets, not USB charging ports.... They have the Recording Booth which is more original than the one in Nashville. Not cutaway to see the record being made or during playback. I chose to wait to do this, I didn't have something prepared. Next time. The Mold-A-Rama was giving them absolute fits. About 1 in 7 was coming out in good shape. I was informed a new mold of the RRS is being made that is smaller and should work better with the plastic injection system. They had a dedicated area where you could play the 3 string guitars and try out the Bumble Buzz. But....they weren't just any amps. They were Jack's touring amps from 2003-2007. So, if you want to get your rock star on, Detroit TMR is the place! Instead of the Monkey Band they have the house band the Syncopators! An animatronic band that plays along with the track you select on a familiar looking jukebox..... :wink: I saw the chair. I sat in the chair. It's a chair. No one had tried to rip it open yet to find any hidden records.
Thanks for all the (really nice, high quality) pictures, I love seeing the in-store music set up, especially, and all the merch. The tshirts, though, do they look good in person. I don't want to judge by a picture, but ... meh, they look kinda...strange?

Did they have any of the three-seated chair stories around...I wondered if that was something they would have for people all the time, given the chair is there. I had to adult and so couldn't get there for the opening, but I am visiting the store in late December, so was wondering if I might be able to get one then. And as silly as they are, and as much as I don't need one I can't wait to get the RRS mold too.
nosce te ipsum
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Great info and pics, thank you !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Thank you, folks.

Anybody have any info about the Bluetooth speakers?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

nestacat wrote:Thanks for all the (really nice, high quality) pictures, I love seeing the in-store music set up, especially, and all the merch. The tshirts, though, do they look good in person. I don't want to judge by a picture, but ... meh, they look kinda...strange?

Did they have any of the three-seated chair stories around...I wondered if that was something they would have for people all the time, given the chair is there. I had to adult and so couldn't get there for the opening, but I am visiting the store in late December, so was wondering if I might be able to get one then. And as silly as they are, and as much as I don't need one I can't wait to get the RRS mold too.
The t-shirts are great, IMHO. I picked up the baseball T with the III symbol against the Detroit skyline, a black T with the TMR three men symbol "spray-painted" in ghostly white (those are the two I have to exchange this morning because they're really big), and a black hoodie with a diagram of the solar system, which is my favorite that I should probably buy another of because I can imagine I'll wear it out.

When I first got there, they did not have the pamphlet about the chair out, but there were a bunch there later when I walked back to the bathroom before leaving. That little pamphlet is as beautiful as the chair itself, considering the text and the intricate folding pattern. And the pictures taken in process don't do the piece of furniture justice, it really turned out superbly. Will be very interesting to see how it wears through the years there. Oh, and the elephant lamp on the table next to it is adorable.

The other thing I kept wondering is just how loud it's going to be in the back hallway when they've got record presses running 24 hours a day on the other side of that big window.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Alabama Woody wrote:Great info and pics, thank you !
This
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:They were Jack's touring amps from 2003-2007.
Wow. That alone would get me in there to take a peek. That's outstanding.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:They were Jack's touring amps from 2003-2007.
Wow. That alone would get me in there to take a peek. That's outstanding.
You can play those 3 string guitars thru those amps,also have a Supro guitar plugged into one of those amps. Also have a bumble buzz pedal to use. I assume you could bring your own guitar and try the pedal,using Jack's amps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Juke box...
Last edited by IamFrank007 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Timmy..
Last edited by IamFrank007 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.